Forums

Topic: What free NES game will you get?

Posts 161 to 171 of 171

KnucklesSonic8

@brooks83: Yep, I remember you mentioning that before on the game page/review or something and that actually helped me decide not to get it originally.
How are they poorly-mapped? Does the CC help?

KnucklesSonic8

accc

I was originally going to get Lolo 2 but I decided on Final Fantasy instead, having never played it before. So far I'm enjoying it a lot! I just made it to the second town (barely alive), and I can totally see how the series got so popular all those years ago. My only real gripe is that a lot of stuff isn't really explained to you in-game, so I have to consult an FAQ to see what each item and spell does and what types of weapons and armor my characters can equip.

accc

Flandy

accc wrote:

I was originally going to get Lolo 2 but I decided on Final Fantasy instead, having never played it before. So far I'm enjoying it a lot! I just made it to the second town (barely alive), and I can totally see how the series got so popular all those years ago. My only real gripe is that a lot of stuff isn't really explained to you in-game, so I have to consult an FAQ to see what each item and spell does and what types of weapons and armor my characters can equip.

lol its hard i'm still confused on how the magic sytem works i need a guide lol

Flandy

brooks83

The controls are mapped ok, it's just if I remember correctly jumping is harder than it should be. It seems like there was a weird lag, like it would take a second before it actually jumped after you pushed the button. I will play the game again here in a bit to see what all was wrong with the controls, it's been a while since I played it.

brooks83

TheKingOfTown

I got Super C cuz of its awesome multiplayer.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

madgear

I got Castelvania but I'm extremely pissed off because I've just realised it's not compatible with the component cables so I can't even play it!!! DAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

madgear

Egg_miester

i still haven't picked my game
i am stuck with final fantasy, river city ransom, star tropics 2

overturn code: 3266 3667 6901

Sneaker13

I also haven't picked it but I'm almost sure to get Punch-Out. Was more leaning to Kid Icarus, but I don't want the same problems as madgear had with Castlevania.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

Sneaker13

I've gotten Punch-Out!! for the NES. The Wii Component Cable Interlaced Mode convinced me to get this game instead of Kid Icarus. But it is very inconvient that Nintendo can't patch all the games up properly. I don't think that it would be that difficult.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -

madgear

Yeah it definately isn't that difficult. I mean if I play a NES or Megadrive game on a GameCube disc they work fine through the component cables (such as the Zelda collection or the Sonic Mega Collection). I reckon a simple Wii update would fix it. I now have 2 VC games I can't play - Castlevania and Toejam and Earl. I only got it because it didn't have the usual "non compatible with component cables" warning on the free NES game download so assumed it was compatible. I'm so gutted.

madgear

Sneaker13

For me, only Comix Zone doesn't work.

I do have similair problems with the Zelda Collection. I have the pack with Zelda, Zelda II, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask and with the NES games I get the same problems. But in the Collection pack, there is no way I can activate the Wii Component Cable Interlaced Mode because I only have the Gamecube controller. What am I doing wrong?

Friendcodes:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.