Forums

Topic: VC Monday May 18th and th 300th game is.....

Posts 1 to 20 of 21

Link6694

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD: ZELDA CLASSIC BECOMES 300TH VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAME

May 18, 2009

Every Monday for two and a half years, Nintendo has introduced new downloadable games and applications for the Wii™ console. Today marks a milestone for the Virtual Console™ section of the Wii Shop Channel, home of some of the greatest titles in video game history. The classic The Legend of Zelda™: Majora's Mask™ becomes the 300th Virtual Console title available for download. It's one of the highest-rated Nintendo 64™ games of all time, and its three-day time cycle and deeper, darker storyline offer players a different experience than a traditional Zelda game. People who played it years ago can relive their gaming roots, while those who never picked it up can discover its fun and charm for the first time.

Not to be overlooked, the second Art Style puzzle game for Nintendo DSiWare™ makes its debut, along with the WiiWare™ games CRYSTAL DEFENDERS R2 from SQUARE ENIX and Silver Star Chess from Agetec, Inc.

Virtual Console
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Nintendo 64, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone - Cartoon Violence, 1,000 Wii Points™): Link™ must save the world! This time, he finds himself trapped in Termina, an alternate version of Hyrule that is doomed to destruction in just three short days. Link must race to recover the Ocarina of Time (which allows him to manipulate time in multiple ways), defeat challenging bosses in dungeons spread across Termina and discover the key to the mystery of Majora's Mask. Along the way, he'll obtain new weapons and items and help other characters (some strangely familiar) in their everyday lives. In addition, Link must use a wide assortment of masks scattered throughout Termina, each with its own specific use or power. Never before have three days offered so much in the way of action, mind-boggling puzzles and depth. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is an adventure unlike any other!

Nintendo DSiWare
Art Style™: PiCTOBiTS™ (Nintendo, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone, 500 Nintendo DSi Points™): Your goal in Art Style: PiCTOBiTS is simple: clear large blocks that fall from above ("megabits") by combining them with "bits" (square blocks) of the same color. Add in the ability to pick up bits and place them anywhere on the touch screen, and you'll quickly find that strategy is critical to your success. By clearing the bits, you gradually reveal each stage's hidden game character - look for favorites from classic NES™ titles - and earn coins that can be spent to unlock DARK stages or to listen to the game's soundtrack in MUSIC mode. This grand mix of familiar elements and new game play leads to the uniquely enjoyable experience that is PiCTOBiTS.

WiiWare
CRYSTAL DEFENDERS R2 (SQUARE ENIX, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone - Mild Fantasy Violence, 800 Wii Points): In CRYSTAL DEFENDERS R2, you must deploy various units, such as Fencers and Black Mages, to stop waves of encroaching monsters from escaping the area with your party's crystals. There are many types of units to choose from: Some specialize in powerful short-range attacks, some wield far-reaching magicks and still others are equipped with bows, enabling them to bring down aerial foes. Deploy units in strategic locations to take full advantage of their traits. Each time an enemy breaches your defenses and reaches a map's exit, your party will lose crystals. When all your crystals are gone, the game is over. CRYSTAL DEFENDERS R2 offers several new, challenging maps containing multiple entrances and exits. It also introduces three varieties of Power Crystals, allowing you to enhance the abilities of your units, while new jobs, including Flintlock and Tinker, set the stage for even more complex strategies. Can you defend all the maps without losing a single crystal?

Silver Star Chess (Agetec, Inc., 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone - Mild Suggestive Themes, 500 Wii Points): Silver Star Chess has two modes: 1-Player and 2-Player. 1-Player mode allows you to play a chess match against the computer opponent. 2-Player mode allows you to play against another person. In 1-Player mode, you can select one of five different computer opponents, as well as turn the background music off, adjust sound effects and access in-game help features. Also, during the match, you can redo your last move, save the game at any point or resign from the game. After the match has ended, you can review each move made during the match. While reviewing the match in this way, you can resume that match at any point.

Wii would like to review! :P

KnucklesSonic8

Not surprised. What I am surprised about is the fact that the rating is still E....

Oh, and it must be said: PiCOPiCT IS HERE!!!! (Too bad I don't have a DSi.)
And R2 already? Interesting. I was just saying the other day that I hope R2 comes out soon so I can discover if R1 is worth getting or not.

Edited on by KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8

TwilightV

@KnucklesSonic8: I'm not surprised. They are going to be busy, what with FFIV: The After Years and 6 other games (like the DSi Dragon Quest game on the main page). It appears that '09 will have a wonderful gaming renaissance.

Edited on by TwilightV

TwilightV

KnucklesSonic8

Indeed. Hopefully today I'll find out from the community if R1 is worth getting or if one is better off skipping straight to R2.

Oh hey, BTW, after 12:00 I'm going to check and see if FPP has new DLC. It's possible...

KnucklesSonic8

TwilightV

Actually, the new DLC for FPP (hey, that rhymes!) is scheduled for the 25th.

TwilightV

soniczelda_dude

Not surprised. I mean, if it wasn't Majora's Mask, it would just be some other first-party Nintendo game. This one was the most obvious since it was already released in both Japan and Europe.

soniczelda_dude

Link6694

Well, I don't know what to get.

My cousin borrowed my Loz Collectors edition disc for 2 years.....
Should I buy both Loz:Oot and Loz: MM or wait for something else??

Link6694

Wii would like to review! :P

Pj1

What titles did you guys get today?

Pj1

KnucklesSonic8

@TwilightV: Oh, thanks for that! Where'd you hear about it? Official site or somethin'?
@Pj: Noone can get anything yet. Games don't appear for another 3 or 4 hours. XD

KnucklesSonic8

blackknight77

Pretty good update. Its a much needed update after the dry past couple of weeks
I plan on getting PicoPict and Majora Mask

Reopen the Wii Shop Channel

Knux

OH YES!!!! Majora's Mask and Crystal Defenders R2!? AWESOME!!!

Edited on by Knux

Knux

KnucklesSonic8

@TwilightV: Ah, must've missed it, thanks. Actually, come to think of it, they didn't list it at the beginning so they must've added it in soon after the game's release.
@Aienada: More people side with you than you think, judging from the plethora of thoughts that surfaced this past weekend.
@Pie4prez: Yep. I doubt it'll stay this way but let's hope that another 2 come out next week (after all, there are more than 5 games in the queue waiting to come our way!)

KnucklesSonic8

Nintendo64Dude

I hope Super Smash Bros. comes out next week! I'm glad Nintendo released Majora's Mask. Planning to try it out.

Nintendo64Dude

JTC-Pingas

@Aquateen510. Yeah man try it out. It's one of my favorite Zeldas of all time. I think you'll love it. This just made my morning.

Edited on by JTC-Pingas

JTC-Pingas

Kizzi

Sweet!! Only 3-D zelda I haven't played! Totally getting this!

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

Cheezy

I honestly think Nintendo wouldn't have the guts, or would just be lazy, but they showed us wrong! But maybe another time...

Who Are You?

Paperclip

On the comments section of the MM review, some say there are still glitches. Could anyone verify this for me?

Check out my classy comics.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.