Forums

Topic: Suspend Play Feature

Posts 1 to 10 of 10

TheSeeker

Something I love most about the VC is the ability to suspend play, I use it all the time. I remember as a kid so many times getting real far in a game like being on the next to last level or something and having to turn off the game and quit, it was always so frustrating and one of the main reasons I never beat a lot of my games. But now with suspend play if I get tired after playing for a hour or so, or get to a harder level thats taking more time I can go back later right where I left off when I feel like playing again and not have to start all over like on the old carts. I would rather download a game on the VC then have the original cart because of this feature. The suspend play is the best upgrade to the 8-Bit games ever.

TheSeeker

RowdyRodimus

There were many times I would start playing a game early in the morning (I always woke up really early since I would want to see my dad after he got off work when he was on second shift) and then pause my game with my NES still on and go to school, then resume when I got home.

I am the one you despise. I am he who says what you really deep down know but are affraid to admit. I am the Anti-Fanboy, the crusader of truth in a world built on your lies.

theblackdragon

we used to do the same as Rowdy in my house. the only thing the 'suspend play' feature does is save the console from getting hot enough to fry an egg on it, lol. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

grenworthshero

Rowdy and tbd are right; I remember keeping my SNES or N64 paused for an entire day while I went to school, or, even better, just leaving it on, to rack up playtime on certain games to unlock cheats.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

ogo79

i love the suspend feature as well...makin up for lost time in the 90's lol

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

irken004

The feature is quite wonderful, especially in the NES, SNES, and Genesis games.

ogo79

irken004 wrote:

no more confusing passwords for river city ransom!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

irken004

oldgamesonly wrote:

irken004 wrote:

no more confusing passwords for river city ransom!

The "passwords" for Mega Man games still work

Ravage

I also love the feature, no more wasting power

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

I love it because it saves high scores.

Does it work on Super Mario Bros.? I'd especially love it on SMB3, because that game is so in need of a save feature.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.