Forums

Topic: Super Turrican 2 removed (october 2013)

Posts 1 to 12 of 12

mexlost

Unfortunately, Super Turrican 2 was removed. I don't remember if this one was the one that got re-listed before. Super Turrican (1) remains available.

mexlost

KingMike

I think it was the first.

Possibly because Factor 5 closed, it was only up for the remainder of the license?
Good thing I downloaded it and Mega Turrican already.

Unsure about the first, I think Hudson/Konami had the license on that one.

KingMike

vio

Nah, the first game was Factor 5 as well. I likewise have all 3 already, so I'm good to go.

I suggest anyone who still wants the other 2 to download them right now. I remember with R-Type, they first removed the Master System version and then shortly after, they suddenly removed all the other ones. I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens to the Turrican games.

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

DarkEdi

Some months ago they quit Super Turrican 1 but then it came back. I didn´t take the risk and I downloaded Super Turrican 2 and Mega Turrican in that time and then Super Turrican 1 when it came back. I don´t know if it will be back but when a game dissapear could or couldn´t back so don´t risk and download the other ones because they can pass the same situation.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

AtelierFan

I remember reading somewhere that in N.A. the SNES Turrican games vanished without warning, and then came back. And that a company rep stated that they weren't aware of it happening. I hope that's what happens here.

Edit: here it is, from Nintendolife itstlef:

" Super Turrican has been removed from the North American Wii Virtual Console, and Nintendo is apparently unaware of the reason why. Nintendo Life forum member apwoes got in touch with Nintendo to query the move:
I just called Nintendo (because I'm pretty upset, as I planned on buying it this(!) weekend), and they said that they had no internal data on the removal. They said it could simply be a "lapse" where the game is unavailable for whatever reason for a short time. But they had no idea beyond that."

Edited on by AtelierFan

AtelierFan

mexlost

Atariboy wrote:

I wonder why it's not reflected on the Wikipedia Virtual Console page. Game status used to be reflected so quickly there but now I'm hearing about things like this on message boards weeks or months before Wikipedia reflects the correct information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_fo...

Read the talk section and you'll know why. The person who for some reason is the editor of that page likes to follow word for word and according to his own interpretation, the Wikipedia policies. You can't just go there and edit something. According to the person, if you "relist" a game, it is OK because it is still downloadable although is not purchasable, therefore, it is still available unless a really, really, REALLY reliable source he approves says otherwise. It took him two months to finally delist C64 and even with that, he still says the source is somewhat reliable and the best we have at the moment. Go figure!

Edited on by theblackdragon

mexlost

KingMike

I gave up on that after the guy refused to believe the removal of Commodore 64 games for some time. Someone have time to read all his crap and tell me what made him accept reality? Did has favorite website IGN finally write a news story about it?

I hate that guy, he's the one who removed Wii Points information saying "it is not our job to tell people what they should pay".

KingMike

mexlost

He found a tiny news article at GoNintendo.com. Even with that, he doesn't feel it's OK, he kinda gave into pressure but he still believes is not possible to confirm the removal. If an article at IGN or some "reliable" source tell him is sunny in LA at 3:00 AM, he'll go out and apply sunblock even if it's dark and cold. Reality is not enough if there is no "reliable source" and can't be acquainted as "encyclopedical".

Can you believe that after he edited my changes of the removal, he didn't challenge when I relisted Boulder Dash and changed it to 9 games available? Yes, the list said 9 games available since August.

mexlost

unrandomsam

Rendering Ranger R2 is the one I want. (Lots of old games that if perhaps 20 were available I would get a Wii U straight away. 10 Wii U games I really want is the other milestone).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

OMC79

unrandomsam wrote:

Rendering Ranger R2 is the one I want. (Lots of old games that if perhaps 20 were available I would get a Wii U straight away. 10 Wii U games I really want is the other milestone).

Huh?? We are talking about Super Turrican 2 removal on the WII VC, I repeat, WII VC. Sorry about that, but I've been seing to many WiiU posts in Wii sections of the forum.

OMC79

unrandomsam

OMC79 wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

Huh?? We are talking about Super Turrican 2 removal on the WII VC, I repeat, WII VC. Sorry about that, but I've been seing to many WiiU posts in Wii sections of the forum.

It is made by the guy who made Turrican. (Quite happy with Gunlord on my Dreamcast otherwise). Don't think Super Turrican 1/2 or Mega Turrican are anything special.

unrandomsam

Rather have it on the Wii (I just treat the probability as 0 right now) because of how careful I will have to be getting a set up I am happy with for a Wii U.

(Less than 16ms to make sure I have less than 2 frames max latency, (One from the gamepad). TV like size - not cheap (Or I think reasonably priced - no reason the same panel without the post processing junk or the tuner should be so expensive)).

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.