Forums

Topic: Super Metroid is Awesome

Posts 261 to 274 of 274

romulux

i started to watch them and then quit after i threw my shoes at the screen.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Kid_A

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

1:09/40% is my new record. No grappling beam, no spring ball, no X-Ray visor, 70 missiles, 20 super missiles, 10 power bombs.
Beat that, Adam!

I still can't beat Draygon quickly on this type of run. I think the battle lasted about 6 minutes, but I'm not sure.
Took out Ridley and MB the easy way, skipped Spore Spawn.

Dude, nice. If I was better at videogames I would totally get in on this.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

romulux

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

romulux wrote:

if you want a real challenge try shinsparking draygon to death. that's how the speedrunners do it.

Yeah but I play on VC and can't frame-by-frame the super quick charge.

VC has nothing to do with it, it functions just the same. the quick charge is one of those things that you won't be able to do for an hour straight and then all of the sudden you can do it at will anytime. just take step, tap run, take another step, hold run.

NotEnoughGolds

romulux wrote:

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

romulux wrote:

if you want a real challenge try shinsparking draygon to death. that's how the speedrunners do it.

Yeah but I play on VC and can't frame-by-frame the super quick charge.

VC has nothing to do with it, it functions just the same. the quick charge is one of those things that you won't be able to do for an hour straight and then all of the sudden you can do it at will anytime. just take step, tap run, take another step, hold run.

Every video I've seen on youtube says that it can only be consistently done using frame-by-frame.
I've tried the method listed on Metroid2002 and just can't get it to work. Granted, I haven't tried for an hour straight.
Are you able to do it?

NotEnoughGolds

Kingbuilder

Super Metroid is awesome. Too bad I stopped playing it for a while since it's so hard to force myself to get 100% on it. I'll use a walkthrough eventually, but yeah, favorite game of all time and what-not.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

TKOWL

You know that SPOILER you can alter the ending slightly? If you save the animals when escaping Brinstar blowing up by going to the chamber where the bombs were obtained, you can see them escaping when the planet's been blown up. SPOILER

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

romulux

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

I've tried the method listed on Metroid2002 and just can't get it to work. Granted, I haven't tried for an hour straight.
Are you able to do it?

yep. i don't know what frame by frame means, i just figured out the timing by trial and error.

Odnetnin wrote:

@NEG In Maridia. I go around everywhere I can but the only exit I can ever get to is the pit that sends you way back near that water tube, Kraid's lair, and Norfair.

this is one you'll want to figure out yourself. it'd be a disservice to tell you what to do there. just know that there is something that needs to be done.

NotEnoughGolds

romulux wrote:

Odnetnin wrote:

@NEG In Maridia. I go around everywhere I can but the only exit I can ever get to is the pit that sends you way back near that water tube, Kraid's lair, and Norfair.

this is one you'll want to figure out yourself. it'd be a disservice to tell you what to do there. just know that there is something that needs to be done.

I disagree, I don't think finding your way to Botwoon is that fun tbh, and the solution isn't creative, or clever, or anything like that.
Odnetnin, make sure you've explored the upper left corner of a certain room in Maridia.

NotEnoughGolds

romulux

it's not the metroid maze that he's stuck at, i think it's getting into maridia he's having problems with. and that part does have a pretty cool solution to figure out.

romulux

orchestra fun
[youtube:HSajONjO_g0]

they didn't do maridia. >

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.