Forums

Topic: So What Are Your Thoughts Now That The Wii VC is Dead?

Posts 81 to 96 of 96

Ryno

oldgamesonly wrote:

Ryno wrote:

oldgamesonly wrote:

whoa! wrong smiley...

Thanks big guy!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Bass_X0

I wonder how long it'll be until America gets its next VC game...

I also think Europe will be seeing games at a rate of one per month now. Which is still pretty slow but better than nothing.

Edited on by Bass_X0

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Ryno

Sonic 1, 2, & Knuckles being removed from VC in Japan? If that is not a sign from Videoland that the VC is dying, I don't know what is!

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Malkeor

Well as long as Final Fantasy IV and VI stay for now....I still plan on getting them

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2988-0518
Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

Knux

I remember many eons ago when I would get up every Monday morning (or whenever the VC was updated) to see which VC games were added to the VC service. Playing some of my favorite retro video games on one console was like heaven on earth.

Nintendo broke my heart when the precious VC was killed off. I though that I would die from being betrayed by my childhood love...until I said eff Nintendo and fell in love with Sony.

Nintendo gets lamer and lamer every year, and Sonic games being removed from the VC is the icing on the cake. I predict that all VC games will be removed by the end of 2012. Also, physical media looks better than ever before.

Knux

LzWinky

Knux wrote:

Nintendo gets lamer and lamer every year, and Sonic games being removed from the VC is the icing on the cake.

Mmmm, sweet delicious cake

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

bezerker99

Those Sonic games are superior Sega games and don't belong on a Nintendo console. Makes perfect sense why they are being removed.

blackknight77

cartridges 4 Life

Reopen the Wii Shop Channel

Bass_X0

I am more likely to have a cartridge or disc stop working on me than a download.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Bass_X0

Seriously though, why does the VC have to be on life support? For shame Nintendo, All things aren't right in VideoLand.

At least we're getting games again. Even if they are few in number. Seems to be regular or semi-regular at least.

Ryno

Heavy_Barrel wrote:

cartridges 4 Life

What Heavy_Barrel said

Bass_X0 wrote:

I am more likely to have a cartridge or disc stop working on me than a download.

Cartridges are indestructible! Sure you may have to change a battery every 20 years but as long is you don’t submerse them in Who Framed Roger Rabbit style Dip they will last longer then your corruptible bit of downloaded data.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Tasuki

Ryno wrote:

Heavy_Barrel wrote:

cartridges 4 Life

What Heavy_Barrel said

Bass_X0 wrote:

Cartridges are indestructible! Sure you may have to change a battery every 20 years but as long is you don’t submerse them in Who Framed Roger Rabbit style Dip they will last longer then your corruptible bit of downloaded data.

Not only that but if your cartridge is destroyed or whatever unless its some ultra rare game you can probably track down a copy of it on Ebay or such where as if you have a downloaded game and the company has pulled it from the store your S.O.L.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

Cartridges are indestructible!

plus, theres some youtube footage showing carts being put through multiple abusive tests.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Chrono_Cross

I'll stop gaming when everything goes digital only.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.