Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Regrettable VC downloads

Showing 61 to 80 of 188

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

61. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Kirby`s Dream Land 3 (SNES)- Once I bought Super Star on VC, I realised how mediocre KDL3 really was.
Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES)- Truly overrated to say the least. Repetetive, boring, gameplay that not even co-op can cure. Music makes my ears bleed, and the controls are decent.
Mega Man (NES)- Just like everyone says it is. Craptasticly, crappy.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors is repetitive, yes, but the point was to see how far you can get with your limited amount of resources. It was kinda like Resident Evil where you really had to be careful because you never know when you'll get to a tough spot and run out of something you really need. There are also a bunch secrets to find and exploit. I'm not telling ya to like it, but it sounds to me like you didn't go in with the right mindset.

As for Mega Man, it lacks polish, but I wouldn't say it's all that crappy. That's just me, I doubt I could change your mind at all in that regard.

And Kirby's Dreamland 3 is mediocre. I'm sorry it took you so long to realize that.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors is the 90`s Left 4 Dead... only difference is that Valve can make games. Plus even if I played it the "right" way, the music is so annoying I don`t even want to play it any more.

Haha yeah I`m a huge Kirby fanboy but once I got to play Super Star (my favorite game in the franchise), I was like "Wow... never again". lol

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ogo79

62. Posted:

i respect Wild Guns and i see why folks like it, but this just wasnt for me, i kept thinking about other games while playing it.
i also deleted the Splatterhouse series and the Golden Axe series as well. i dunno

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

lockelocke

63. Posted:

Space Harrier 2
no surprise there, right? I got it because Space Harrier was my absolute favorite SMS game, and at the time the original wasn't on the VC yet. The Genesis sequel SUCKS.

Wario's Woods
boring. lame. got it for my ex-girlfriend. that pretty much sums it up.

DoReMi Fantasy
Not my thing. Don't know why I bought it.

Super Street Fighter 2
I already had Hyper Fighting. I didn't need this game. I must've been drunk and in a "I LOOOVE STREET FIGHTER!!" kind of mood.

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

64. Posted:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Kirby`s Dream Land 3 (SNES)- Once I bought Super Star on VC, I realised how mediocre KDL3 really was.
Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES)- Truly overrated to say the least. Repetetive, boring, gameplay that not even co-op can cure. Music makes my ears bleed, and the controls are decent.
Mega Man (NES)- Just like everyone says it is. Craptasticly, crappy.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors is repetitive, yes, but the point was to see how far you can get with your limited amount of resources. It was kinda like Resident Evil where you really had to be careful because you never know when you'll get to a tough spot and run out of something you really need. There are also a bunch secrets to find and exploit. I'm not telling ya to like it, but it sounds to me like you didn't go in with the right mindset.

As for Mega Man, it lacks polish, but I wouldn't say it's all that crappy. That's just me, I doubt I could change your mind at all in that regard.

And Kirby's Dreamland 3 is mediocre. I'm sorry it took you so long to realize that.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors is the 90`s Left 4 Dead... only difference is that Valve can make games. Plus even if I played it the "right" way, the music is so annoying I don`t even want to play it any more.

Haha yeah I`m a huge Kirby fanboy but once I got to play Super Star (my favorite game in the franchise), I was like "Wow... never again". lol

And that's what I mean, it's not Left4Dead at all. It's nothing like it. I guess that changes nothing now, but seriously Dude, look into a game before you buy it. Even reading the game description, I can't see how you could've come to that conclusion.:( Either that or I've been playing Left4Dead wrong this entire time.:P

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

65. Posted:

I have a feeling I'll be killed for this but I could never get into Shining Force.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage
Avatar

lockelocke

66. Posted:

DIE!
...yeah I never liked it either

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

longtimegamer

67. Posted:

lockelocke wrote:

DIE!

LOL! Thats whit i was thinking.

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOUP FOR YOU!" the Soup Nazi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

68. Posted:

If there's one thing truly shining in Zombies Ate My Neighbors it is its music.
Gameplay is just top-down action, like True Lies (really good SNES game),
a genre that isn't very common on the VC, especially not with a 2P-co-op mode,
so Zombies is still good, I don't know what you're all on about.

I regret getting Adventures of Lolo 2 so close after beating Adventures of Lolo 1.
I just needed a pause from that kind of gameplay. One day I'll go back to it,
but I could have bought something else for these 500pts in the meantime.

Edited on by SKTTR

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

69. Posted:

I'll agree that the NES version of DK is boring. We need the arcade version NOW!
The NES version of Mario Bros. is actually quite good.
Cruisin' USA having sensitive controls is correct. The game feels too fast for me to handle.
I, too like Yoshi's Story, Super Mario RPG, and F-Zero X.
I actually love the TMNT games! All of them!

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

70. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

And that's what I mean, it's not Left4Dead at all. It's nothing like it. I guess that changes nothing now, but seriously Dude, look into a game before you buy it. Even reading the game description, I can't see how you could've come to that conclusion.:( Either that or I've been playing Left4Dead wrong this entire time.:P

Lets just say... don't take your friend's opinion ever again. He said it was like Left 4 Dead but on the SNES with squirt guns. I'm like maybe, then after about an hour I shut him up by buying it and yeah...

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

71. Posted:

Chrono Cross wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

And that's what I mean, it's not Left4Dead at all. It's nothing like it. I guess that changes nothing now, but seriously Dude, look into a game before you buy it. Even reading the game description, I can't see how you could've come to that conclusion.:( Either that or I've been playing Left4Dead wrong this entire time.:P

Lets just say... don't take your friend's opinion ever again. He said it was like Left 4 Dead but on the SNES with squirt guns. I'm like maybe, then after about an hour I shut him up by buying it and yeah...

That...sounds familiar...oh yeah, you told me that on Backloggery months ago, didn't you? I totally forgot. Anyways, I can see why you'd think it and be disappointed by it. I dunno if you'll ever like it, but since you're stuck with it, you might want to take another look at it. Sometimes just understanding the main appeal and going in with the right mindset can help you enjoy a game.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheLonelyGamer

72. Posted:

China Warrior for Turbo Grafx, that game is hilariously bad, though I do get a good laugh at it.

3DS Friend Code: 1118 0249 3825
My Backloggery
My YouTube Channel
Nintendo Life Chat!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NeoShinobi

73. Posted:

I don't really regret any of my downloads. But I only have like 6 VC games.

My least favorite download would have to be Ballon Fight though. Its the only VC game that I DL'd mainly out of nostalgia. But I don't really regret buying it, its still a fun game. Its just hard finding someone whose willing to play it with me.

.... or something like that.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kevohki

74. Posted:

A couple of Sega games (Comix Zone, Shinobi 3). All good games but I should have not gotten them considering they are on multiple collection discs.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RonF

75. Posted:

Sonic 3: It was my first Sonic game and I expected too much from it. Not bad, but not much my style either. I played a couple times and never bothered to go back again.

RonF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

feder

76. Posted:

Kid Icarus. I can't make it past the first level... >_<

feder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

77. Posted:

I almost regret downloading SSB, since I never have anyone to play it with. :(

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

78. Posted:

feder wrote:

Kid Icarus. I can't make it past the first level... >_<

oh yeah I forgot about this.

It's pretty much like Metroid. Awesome at the time but it really sucks and is really unfair (and not even in a fun old school gaming sort of way) nowadays.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

79. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

feder wrote:

Kid Icarus. I can't make it past the first level... >_<

oh yeah I forgot about this.

It's pretty much like Metroid. Awesome at the time but it really sucks and is really unfair (and not even in a fun old school gaming sort of way) nowadays.

It's not unfair, it's just strict.:P Once you learn the game, it's not that bad. That's what makes it old school.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kingbuilder

80. Posted:

I guess I could add Super Mario RPG to my list. I just didn't understand the appeal. Look underneath the Mario characters and and you find a mediocre SNES RPG.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."