Forums

Topic: Regrettable VC downloads

Posts 161 to 176 of 176

lonlon-milker

the only thing I regret to some small extent is final fantasy 1. I wasted 20 hours getting fir2 a silver sword and armor to go into a moss cave where I was slaughtered after countless hours of grinding in the cave to get the crown. its not a bad game and when my rpg sense tingles I pause my fight with king hippoe or my 500th completion of the original metroid (that i still play even though i have the 3ds version as well) and listen to the repetitive but awesome fight music as GRogres and creeps burn by the power of my 4 heroes of light. if i could go back i'd probably would have just got mega man 3 (which to this day i still don't have) and wait until a year and a half later when I would get Chrono trigger.

HadukroPUNCH= awesome battle cry

AricHennings

Final Fantasy 1 Japanese version is really brutal... so say your blessings!
But my biggest regret is Neo-Geo's Samurai Shodown 2,,, cost me 900 points LOL

Stark- Throw on some hot rod red...

Jarvis- Yes, that will help you keep a low profile...

TKOWL

RevolverLink wrote:

Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Shining Force and Beyond Oasis - The existence of Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection makes paying $32 for those four games ridiculous.

...you do know that Sonic Mega Collection contains Sonic 1, 2, and nearly all the old ones for $8?

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

shingi_70

Scrafty wrote:

RevolverLink wrote:

Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Shining Force and Beyond Oasis - The existence of Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection makes paying $32 for those four games ridiculous.

...you do know that Sonic Mega Collection contains Sonic 1, 2, and nearly all the old ones for $8?

But it doesn't have any of the other older games.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AricHennings

Back to the Neo Geo which cost $649.99 US when it came out and Samurai Shodown 2 was 199.99 US so in hind sight thank you Nintendo i only spent 9 dollars on the VC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes

Stark- Throw on some hot rod red...

Jarvis- Yes, that will help you keep a low profile...

SuperToad

AricHennings wrote:

Back to the Neo Geo which cost $649.99 US when it came out and Samurai Shodown 2 was 199.99 US so in hind sight thank you Nintendo i only spent 9 dollars on the VC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes

That's not a regrettable download.

SuperToad

bauckster

I'll be honest, Kirby's Adventure suffered from some MAJOR slowdown, much more than other NES downloads from VC. (anyone else have slowdown with the game?) That tainted the whole thing a bit for me. So...I kinda regret that.

Also, Super Mario Kart. I really don't have anyone to play with. And...it's pretty bare bones, even if it is less gimmicky than some of the later Mario karts. I just find it rather tedious and thus, don't play it.

bauckster

RevolverLink

Scrafty wrote:

RevolverLink wrote:

For an extra $9, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection gets you everything important (with the very notable exception of Sonic 3 & Knuckles) from Sonic Mega Collection, plus nearly 40 more (mostly) great Genesis, SMS and arcade games. I'd take that deal over Sonic Mega Collection.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

lonlon-milker

Dkc3 was just plain boring for me. I don't know why but I always had the feeling it was just ripping of dkc even though it was the same series and to make matters worse wrinkly kong is playing a freaking N64 in her cabin, on a flipping SNES game!

HadukroPUNCH= awesome battle cry

SuperToad

lonlon-milker wrote:

the only thing I regret to some small extent is final fantasy 1. I wasted 20 hours getting fir2 a silver sword and armor to go into a moss cave where I was slaughtered after countless hours of grinding in the cave to get the crown.

Untitled

Set your Respond Rate to 8 if you didn't (using left/right). Should not take that long.

SuperToad

bezerker99

TeeJay wrote:

Metroid II: The Return of Samus. It's just...uninteresting. Not to mention I can't see where the hell I'm going because the camera is zoomed in too much.

Plus it has boring music, every room looks the same due to black/white graphix and how they reused rooms over and over....and most of the corridor's have little to no enemies. Besides Other M, Return of Samus takes the cake for most boring Meh-troid game ever.

Linky_97

bezerker99 wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Metroid II: The Return of Samus. It's just...uninteresting. Not to mention I can't see where the hell I'm going because the camera is zoomed in too much.

Plus it has boring music, every room looks the same due to black/white graphix and how they reused rooms over and over....and most of the corridor's have little to no enemies. Besides Other M, Return of Samus takes the cake for most boring Meh-troid game ever.

I realy enjoyed that game! I liked the music on the beggining of the game but i realy liked it. More than Metroid for NES.

Wii U online games:
Injustice Gods Among Us, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge, Assassin's Creed III, Tekken Tag Team Tournament 2 Wii U Edition and Trine 2: Directors Cut
3DS Online games:
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Tell me if you want to play :)

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8763-9592 | Nintendo Network ID: Linky97

Undead_terror

tetris-shoulda kept playing party live
marios picross-i suck at it
i have metroid 2 but didnt play it yet so im gonna play to see what its like and then complain i regretted it

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Terave

Metroid II: It's just.. not as good as the other ones. I can't seem to find my way through and there are way too little enemies.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

SBOY

Harvest Moon (SNES) I found it boring after like 15min and never touch it again...
Mart Racer (WiiWare) https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/2009/09/mart_racer that say it all... I've bought it the day it came out since I found the idea of playing a game like "Supermarket Sweep" http://youtu.be/VQsNyqSMurc sound fun but after a few try I almost forgot about this game...

Edited on by SBOY

Sorry if my english isn't good... At least I try :-)

Twitter:

pastasauce

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards. As someone who loves Kirby I thought this game was terrible.

pastasauce

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.