Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Regrettable VC downloads

Showing 161 to 180 of 188

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

161. Posted:

TTGlider wrote:

A new regrettable for me... I've never played any of the Smash Bros series and bought Super Smash Bros on N64 VC last Friday. It's ... OK ... but since then I've read about Brawl and think I would probably have been better off just getting the Wii retail version as most consider it the best in the series. But I doubt I'd ever play the N64 version if I had the Wii version, so I'm reluctant to... ARGH!

I very recently purchased this as well @TTGlider. It was mainly for my son, but I might actually give it some playtime myself. It's probably an intelligent decision, especially for younger children to initially begin with the most basic and less complex of the three installments. And then graduate through the following two entries, which are all operational on Wii. Well, for those of us who will have purchased our Wii's previous to it's redesign. (<:

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

162. Posted:

Kirby's Dream Land 3 was awful. Zombies Ate My Neighbors, and Yoshi's Story stink too.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

163. Posted:

Kid_Crono wrote:

Kirby's Dream Land 3 was awful.

Agreed. It's slow and easy and generally unmemorable. No where near as good as the first two.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

164. Posted:

Kirby's Dream Land 3 is the best in the Dream Land series.

Every stage has a bonus secret to it, like a sidequest or an achievement.
It is the longest and hardest one! (uuh!)
has the most combinations of special powers and animal friends.
has the best graphics
it has most of the Game Boy tunes (from KDL1&2) remixed in 16-bit and lots of great original music,
you can play 2p co-op.
And it has Samus. :P

I think a few people didn't like it because it's more complex than the average Kirby game with all the added adventure and puzzle elements, higher difficulty and tricky co-op.

Kirby's Dream Land 3 is underrated, just like Kirby 64. They're solid platformers
(while Kirby's Adventure is overrated, lacking in challenge, longevity, and... color.)

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

165. Posted:

Eternal Champions is a terrible game. The gameplay is very bad and it is hard to do the powers. There are a lot of better fighters than this game.

Wii U: edi_tena (please tell me you are from NintendoLife)
Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

AuthorMessage

Shining-Void

166. Posted:

Super Mario World... the controls stink.

I am currently playing Super metroid, Most wanted U, Runner 2, and Darksiders 2.
Currently reading Magi, Soul Eater, 07 ghost, Area no kishi, and Pandora's Heart
"Let us see the difference of power. Realize the absolute disparity! Indignant Judgment!"
pkmn black 2 fc: 4814 4862 8046

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

167. Posted:

Metroid II: The Return of Samus. It's just...uninteresting. Not to mention I can't see where the hell I'm going because the camera is zoomed in too much.

Edited on by TeeJay

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

168. Posted:

Every single VC game I've downloaded. I like to have the original carts, and I almost never play any digital copies of games.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

169. Posted:

Magic-Wind wrote:

Here's a pro player tip: make sure you hold the controller the right way up.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

170. Posted:

Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers - I never have anyone to play it with.

Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Shining Force and Beyond Oasis - The existence of Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection makes paying $32 for those four games ridiculous.

DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure - It's a solid game, but I didn't think it was anywhere near as good as other platformers from its time and I don't see myself ever playing it again.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

171. Posted:

I pretty much always regret getting any multiplayer game because I never have anyone to play them with :p

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Bass_X0

172. Posted:

Scrafty wrote:

Magic-Wind wrote:

Here's a pro player tip: make sure you hold the controller the right way up.

If he was playing with a Gamecube controller then he has a point. They do stink. But thats the Gamecube controller's fault, not the game.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

AuthorMessage

lonlon-milker

173. Posted:

the only thing I regret to some small extent is final fantasy 1. I wasted 20 hours getting fir2 a silver sword and armor to go into a moss cave where I was slaughtered after countless hours of grinding in the cave to get the crown. its not a bad game and when my rpg sense tingles I pause my fight with king hippoe or my 500th completion of the original metroid (that i still play even though i have the 3ds version as well) and listen to the repetitive but awesome fight music as GRogres and creeps burn by the power of my 4 heroes of light. if i could go back i'd probably would have just got mega man 3 (which to this day i still don't have) and wait until a year and a half later when I would get Chrono trigger.

HadukroPUNCH= awesome battle cry

AuthorMessage

AricHennings

174. Posted:

Final Fantasy 1 Japanese version is really brutal... so say your blessings!
But my biggest regret is Neo-Geo's Samurai Shodown 2,,, cost me 900 points LOL

Stark- Throw on some hot rod red...

Jarvis- Yes, that will help you keep a low profile...

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

175. Posted:

RevolverLink wrote:

Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Shining Force and Beyond Oasis - The existence of Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection makes paying $32 for those four games ridiculous.

...you do know that Sonic Mega Collection contains Sonic 1, 2, and nearly all the old ones for $8?

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

176. Posted:

Scrafty wrote:

RevolverLink wrote:

...you do know that Sonic Mega Collection contains Sonic 1, 2, and nearly all the old ones for $8?

But it doesn't have any of the other older games.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

AricHennings

177. Posted:

Back to the Neo Geo which cost $649.99 US when it came out and Samurai Shodown 2 was 199.99 US so in hind sight thank you Nintendo i only spent 9 dollars on the VC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes

Stark- Throw on some hot rod red...

Jarvis- Yes, that will help you keep a low profile...

AuthorMessage

SuperToad

178. Posted:

AricHennings wrote:

Back to the Neo Geo which cost $649.99 US when it came out and Samurai Shodown 2 was 199.99 US so in hind sight thank you Nintendo i only spent 9 dollars on the VC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes

That's not a regrettable download.

SuperToad

AuthorMessage

bauckster

179. Posted:

I'll be honest, Kirby's Adventure suffered from some MAJOR slowdown, much more than other NES downloads from VC. (anyone else have slowdown with the game?) That tainted the whole thing a bit for me. So...I kinda regret that.

Also, Super Mario Kart. I really don't have anyone to play with. And...it's pretty bare bones, even if it is less gimmicky than some of the later Mario karts. I just find it rather tedious and thus, don't play it.

bauckster

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

180. Posted:

Scrafty wrote:

RevolverLink wrote:

For an extra $9, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection gets you everything important (with the very notable exception of Sonic 3 & Knuckles) from Sonic Mega Collection, plus nearly 40 more (mostly) great Genesis, SMS and arcade games. I'd take that deal over Sonic Mega Collection.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink