Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Regrettable VC downloads

Showing 121 to 140 of 188

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

121. Posted:

Eternal Champions is very crappy. I don´t know why NL gave it a 7, it deserves a 3 or 4.

And i need to play more Military Madness because i get bored few minutes i played it but i think it deserves more time to play.

Wii U: edi_tena (please tell me you are from NintendoLife)
Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

122. Posted:

DarkEdi wrote:

Eternal Champions is very crappy. I don´t know why NL gave it a 7, it deserves a 3 or 4.

Different opinions, obviously. Some peope actually really like it. Some people consider it a classic, and it is stylish, despite being clunky and a bit on the cheap side.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

123. Posted:

Mega Man for the Nes.
Not quite as exciting and awesome as I remember it being, and completely pales in comparison to MM2.
The Boss selection tune, along with Bomb man's theme total bring me back, but looking past the warm fuzzy nostalgia, this is easily one of the weaker MM games. It layed down the building blocks, but did it in an unimaginitive, uncolorful and less epic kind of way, with ugly stage design on top if it all. This is easily the most mechanical MM, and there's nothing organic aside from Ice man's stage....And I couldn't believe how easy Wily was!

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Joetherocker

124. Posted:

Ninja Gaiden II. It. Is. Impossible.

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

AuthorMessage

SuperMarioRacoon

125. Posted:

Kid Icarus: I hate this game... i played it as a demo version in super smash bros brawl and it looked very funny but man...
This game make me sick >.< !

Dungeon Explorer: It looked sooo good ! T.T But every time i died with my friends while playing this game, we must write this password on a paper, then start the game from the beginning, entering the password and then go on the hole way all again .
I am going to play this game some day again because i cant belive that this game can be so :/

Donkey Kong: I can play this game 100 times till the end... its to easy and you are too fast at the end of the game. a 5 minute game IMO.

King of Fighters 95: I got the collection of this game for the wii, and know this download is just a waste of my money. And 94+95 are the worst ones of the collection .

Final Fantasy NES: It is a great game ! ... But every time i go to the armory and weapon shop i am confused which armore and weapon i must buy because there are no stats, numbers or anything that tells you : This weapon is good! ;) .

Edited on by theblackdragon

SuperMarioRacoon used Tail Whip !

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

126. Posted:

Splatterhouse for the Turbo GFX....The Arcade version would of been a nice, but I had to settle for this ugly, stripped down, worse sounding mediocre fest. :p Plus the emulation was fuzzy and blurry which is very dissapointing...

Edited on by WaveWarlock

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

127. Posted:

I'm not impressed with Kirby's Dream Course, and I like putt-putt golf! I downloaded it when I got a nintendo points card for Christmas because it was the only Kirby game I didn't download on the VC and I thought I would really like the golf-like style. Maybe my opinion will change when I play more, but only after I try to get past the place where I'm stuck.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Incognito_D

128. Posted:

dsmaster wrote:

I kind of regret getting legend of zelda orcania of time. Don't get me wrong it's a very good game, I just like the more recent 2D zelda games. I also regret buying Donkey Kong Country 2 except this time it was my fault since I bought the gameboy advance version after I bought the VC version and now I only play the GBA version because I can play it more often.

But the SNES version absolutely destroys the GBA port...

シェンムー

AuthorMessage

Timwario

129. Posted:

I also take back what I said about Majora's Mask. I finally made it past the first dungeon, and I think I'm almost going to start on the second one soon. I already think this game is way better than OoT, I'm not kidding. Once I found out you can use those owl statues to teleport, and you can go back to the first day and you won't lose important items, I can see that this is an awesome game.

Edited on by Timwario

Timwario

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

130. Posted:

Twario wrote:

I also take back what I said about Majora's Mask. I finally made it past the first dungeon, and I think I'm almost going to start on the second one soon. I already think this game is way better than OoT, I'm not kidding. Once I found out you can use those owl statues to teleport, and you can go back to the first day and you won't lose important items, I can see that this is an awesome game.

Yes! MM lovers unite! <3

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Alexneon

131. Posted:

DarkEdi wrote:

And i need to play more Military Madness because i get bored few minutes i played it but i think it deserves more time to play.

Thats why ppl should never buy a game cuz it get a good score, like a said millions of time, score is just the opinion of the reviewer doesnt mean that the game is gonna be a blast for the reader. i think Nintendo life should put a info about what kind of game the reviewer likes.

NNID: Alexneon
PSN ID: Alexneon_
3DS FC: 0688-5474-9681

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5474-9681 | Nintendo Network ID: Alexneon

AuthorMessage

OverlordMao

132. Posted:

Galaga, ugh. SO BORING.

Also, probably Double Dragon, since I had no idea you couldn't have two players.
WHAT'S THE POINT, THEN!?

Why do astronauts backtrack?
They forgot the Space Jump Boots.

AuthorMessage

Yasume

133. Posted:

The Last Ninja. I only played it for 2-3 minutes, but it seemed glitchy as hell. Paths were disappearing, I couldn't hit enemies for some reason and the jumping was just really messed up. I also couldn't pick up items for some reason. Can you believe I witnessed all that in only 3 minutes? Who knows what would have happened if I had played another 3 minutes.

I really don't want to play it ever again, but it won't magically appear in completed on Backloggery, so I guess I have to...ugh.

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

134. Posted:

I definitely regret getting DoReMi Fantasy. Not my type of game at all. Most of the music is actually suprisingly frightening and the levels are colorful, bubbly, and happy, not really making that great of a combination. The gameplay was decent, though. I liked most of the areas you got to traverse, my favorite being the Music World. The bosses are also difficult since you have to keep retrying at 1 health every time you die after your first death. Not being to read any of the dialogue in game didn't help the cause, either. :C

Overall, it just wasn't too great of a game, yet I can still sort of see why other people would like it... sort of.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

GeminiSaint

135. Posted:

Mario Kart 64. It didn't age very well. Few tracks, inability to play GP mode with more than 2 players, and technical problems with framerate that make some tracks (Moo Moo Farm, Bowser's Castle and DK Jungle Park) either too fast or too choppy when played in 3-4 player mode.

Edited on by GeminiSaint

GeminiSaint

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

136. Posted:

Beyond Oasis. Just couldn't get into it.

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage

TTGlider

137. Posted:

I haven't downloaded any stinkers yet - I don't think - but some of my purchases have surprised me. The original Ninja Gaiden NES I've only once beaten the second boss in. Right now I can't stand the way jumping works in the game, especially trying to jump 'up' against a wall. I'm sure I just need to 'learn' the controls better but if it were a modern game I probably would have long since swallowed my pride and traded it in at Gamestop for credit. Nobunaga's Ambition for Gameboy was a title I remember feeling very proud to have beaten as a kid, but whatever the formula was I've now forgotten as I am always made mince meat in the SNES VC game. I do admit the presentation level of the SNES title is just lovely- great to look at! And this weekend I found a scan of the manual so I hope to give that game its due soon enough. SimCity for SNES, on the other hand, almost seems too easy. But I like the music and bright colors and it's fun to churn away while I'm multitasking. Though for $8...? Wild Guns I doubt I'll ever reach the fourth stage in but it's novel enough I don't mind. And Zanac is darn tough. Saving the "worst" for last, Baseball Stars 2 is the purchases I'm most tor torn over, maybe a feeling amplified because of its 900 point price. It just doesn't seem like there's much to it, and ... ungh. I dunno, now that I think about it... the game rubs me the wrong way. But I wanted another sports game for some blasted reason.

TTGlider

AuthorMessage

LuigiTheGreenFire

138. Posted:

I really don't regret any of the 12 or 13 I have. I pick the games very carefully.

Nintendo fan for life!

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

139. Posted:

Kingbuilder wrote:

I definitely regret getting DoReMi Fantasy. Not my type of game at all. Most of the music is actually suprisingly frightening and the levels are colorful, bubbly, and happy, not really making that great of a combination. The gameplay was decent, though. I liked most of the areas you got to traverse, my favorite being the Music World. The bosses are also difficult since you have to keep retrying at 1 health every time you die after your first death. Not being to read any of the dialogue in game didn't help the cause, either. :C

Overall, it just wasn't too great of a game, yet I can still sort of see why other people would like it... sort of.

DoReMi Fantasy was a let down, especially after finishing the first World. It felt like an 8-bit platformer from a gameplay standpoint glazed with 16-bit visuals. Whoever says this game can compete with Super Mario World has lost it. I found it to be quite the bore once I hit up Candy Land and after finishing the next World I called it quits. Also not being able to figure out what in the hell was going with the story and characters because of the Japanese dialogue didn't help either. :P Anyways, i found it decent at best, and for me based on what I played it's best was the first world in my eyes.

And currently I don't know what to quite make of Castlevania II: Simon's Quest....I'm actually enjoying it, while being frustrated at the same time. Better clues and less random crouching for 10 seconds with a random item to get to the next area would of been nice. The clues from the towns people are horribly written at times, there's no way on earth anyone would of figured out half of the stuff in this game without a guide which knocks down the game's score big time in my books. And i HATE the fact that there aren't any bosses in the Mansions....Ok, well apperantly there are 2 of them out of the 5 mansions, but it's still very dissapointing. Night to day transitions get annoying like everybody says as well. But I can't hate this game for some reason, there's something about it that i like...And I definitly love the music, graphics and colorful locations. But that aside, it's easily the weakest Castelvania for me no doubt. But a bad game? Not exactly. But at times I do find it to be a regrettable VC download. :p

But, I've gotta have it in my VC Castlevania collection hehe, and there's just this charm about the game that I can't pin point. Alot of this has to do with the AVGN's first review of Castlevania II and when he thrashed it in his Dr.Jeckle and Mr. Hyde video reviews which came out over 3 years go, so there's that recent weird nostalgia based on those 2 hilarious video's going which to me is pretty rad.

If this game had Bosses in every Mansion, clues that actually made sense and a little less tediousness going on and day to night transitions that actually didn't make you wait for 10 seconds with a floating box of text popping up the experience could of been much much better. If there's one Castlevania game desserving of a remake, it's definitly Simon's Quest. :D

Eek! Another radtastic Wall of blabbing and text from yours truly hehe.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

brooks83

140. Posted:

I wasn't too impressed with Blaster Master, but maybe I just didn't give it enough time.

brooks83