Forums

Topic: Regrettable VC downloads

Posts 101 to 120 of 176

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Ok, as of now my regrets are:

Sonic Chaos- I got it for nostalgia reasons, and it hasn't aged very well.
Cruisin' USA- the graphics are subpar and the game goes too fast
Mario Kart 64- it'd be better if they'd waited until after Super Mario 64
Zelda II- very hard

Edited on by The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

vince220

I kind of regret Legend Of Zelda. It's fun, but I ended up getting stuck and I haven't played much since.

This is a Kid Icarus Wiki I created in late October. It has developed a lot in that time, but it still has a lot of room to grow. Any help you could provide (e.g. fixing typos) would be greatly appreciated!

ogo79

Jon Wahlgren wrote:

Only VC game I regret getting is River City Rampage, only because I can never find anyone to play it with. Most of the games I've bought are either ones I had when I was younger or games I really wanted to try but couldn't. So far my track record has been pretty good.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. ComixZone and Blaster Master turned out to be duds for me.

i can see how you got River City Ransom confused with Retro City Rampage lol
we can call it Retro River Ransom

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

SkullMan

suburban_sensei wrote:

Super Star Wars Trilogy. That's right...I have wasted 2,400 points on 3 games I thought I would like since I am a huge Star Wars fan. I just can't get past how cheap the enemies are...it's frustrating!

Sounds like someone never played the originals.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

CanisWolfred

SkullMan wrote:

__Suburban_Sensei wrote:

Super Star Wars Trilogy. That's right...I have wasted 2,400 points on 3 games I thought I would like since I am a huge Star Wars fan. I just can't get past how cheap the enemies are...it's frustrating!

Sounds like someone never played the originals.

They Probably didn't. Still, it relies too much on memorization, IMO.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

cheetahman91

Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures is starting to feel like a regretted download. It has too many small enemies that are hard to kill and that can get frustrating.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

SpaghettiToastBook

Okay, I have a lot...
Balloon Fight (NES), Galaga (NES), Pac-Man (NES) - There's almost no content, really
Kirby's Adventure (NES), F-Zero X (N64) - Just not my thing, though I might give Kirby another chance
Super Mario RPG: Legend Of The Seven Stars (SNES) - Too boring
Mario Kart 64 (N64) - The tracks suck, the items REALLY suck, and the steering is just ***! Worst MK ever.

Edited on by SpaghettiToastBook

CAPS LOCK CLUB

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5504-2415 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastBook

Taya

The only VC game I regret buying is, surprisingly, Star Fox 64. I haven't played it once!

Back in the N64 days, I played it a little and I liked it but it wasn't my favourite game. I liked it for it's silly quotes rather than gameplay since I'm not really into shooters. When it came out for the VC I thought "omg Starfox 64!" and I bought it right away. Then I realized I had no interest in actually playing it.

Taya

HolyMackerel

The contents of this thread is precisely the reason I am hesitant to make VC purchases and only own 3 VC games.

HolyMackerel

Taya

It's better to regret a game that cost you $10 or less than to regret a $50 retail game.

When I say I regret Star Fox 64, I'm using strong language. I don`t lose sleep over it. I've actually decided to buy more VC games to bulk up my collection. Support the Virtual Console and buy more games!

Taya

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Well, I'm no longer regretting Zelda II now that I've gotten help from a walkthrough. It's just hard getting started is all.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Lordy

IMO, the old Castlevania games were MUCH harder than Zelda II. I actually managed to beat it, as opposed to Castlevania III.

On topic- I didn't really care for Breath of Fire 2 much. I don't know why, because I love RPGs and all, but it really just didn't appeal to me. Maybe it was the story (or maybe I set my standards impossibly high, IDK). Either way, I'm kind of regretting it now. Also, I found Kirby 64 a bit... I don't know... shallow. It was okay, just nothing special.

Lordy

SonicMaster

@STB If anything, Kirby's Adventure is the one game I'm really lucky I chose. See, I found some Pepsi caps at a football game last year while Pepsi was doing their Rock Band promotion, and I was deciding between two games to buy- SMB 3 and Kirby, as I had 500 points. Well, I went with Kirby as I felt like I needed to play it after previously owning Nightmare in Dream Land. I'm very glad I did so, because KA is now my favorite game of all time and SMB 3 doesn't interest me whatsoever (my brother got it with the internet channel refund).

SonicMaster

dsmaster

I kind of regret getting legend of zelda orcania of time. Don't get me wrong it's a very good game, I just like the more recent 2D zelda games. I also regret buying Donkey Kong Country 2 except this time it was my fault since I bought the gameboy advance version after I bought the VC version and now I only play the GBA version because I can play it more often.

dsmaster

DarkEdi

Eternal Champions is very crappy. I don´t know why NL gave it a 7, it deserves a 3 or 4.

And i need to play more Military Madness because i get bored few minutes i played it but i think it deserves more time to play.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

CanisWolfred

DarkEdi wrote:

Eternal Champions is very crappy. I don´t know why NL gave it a 7, it deserves a 3 or 4.

Different opinions, obviously. Some peope actually really like it. Some people consider it a classic, and it is stylish, despite being clunky and a bit on the cheap side.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Joetherocker

Ninja Gaiden II. It. Is. Impossible.

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

SuperMarioRacoon

Kid Icarus: I hate this game... i played it as a demo version in super smash bros brawl and it looked very funny but man...
This game make me sick >.< !

Dungeon Explorer: It looked sooo good ! T.T But every time i died with my friends while playing this game, we must write this password on a paper, then start the game from the beginning, entering the password and then go on the hole way all again .
I am going to play this game some day again because i cant belive that this game can be so :/

Donkey Kong: I can play this game 100 times till the end... its to easy and you are too fast at the end of the game. a 5 minute game IMO.

King of Fighters 95: I got the collection of this game for the wii, and know this download is just a waste of my money. And 94+95 are the worst ones of the collection .

Final Fantasy NES: It is a great game ! ... But every time i go to the armory and weapon shop i am confused which armore and weapon i must buy because there are no stats, numbers or anything that tells you : This weapon is good! .

Edited on by theblackdragon

SuperMarioRacoon used Tail Whip !

Incognito_D

dsmaster wrote:

I kind of regret getting legend of zelda orcania of time. Don't get me wrong it's a very good game, I just like the more recent 2D zelda games. I also regret buying Donkey Kong Country 2 except this time it was my fault since I bought the gameboy advance version after I bought the VC version and now I only play the GBA version because I can play it more often.

But the SNES version absolutely destroys the GBA port...

シェンムー

Timwario

I also take back what I said about Majora's Mask. I finally made it past the first dungeon, and I think I'm almost going to start on the second one soon. I already think this game is way better than OoT, I'm not kidding. Once I found out you can use those owl statues to teleport, and you can go back to the first day and you won't lose important items, I can see that this is an awesome game.

Edited on by Timwario

Timwario

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.