Forums

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 1,082

SKTTR

CapnPancakez wrote:

I'm going to get and SD card for my Wii to store games, but what size should I get? I don't have a huge amount of games but I also want enough room for all of them on one card.

4GB is enough to fill all 20 pages x 12 channels = 240 games with VC and WW games.
Really, the only problem is that you just have spots for 240 games, regardless of the size of the SD Card. So 4 GB is enough.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

SparkOfSpirit

Yeah, VC games don't take up a whole lot of space so 4GB should be enough.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Gaymer

Hey which fighter on the virtual console do you think is the best? My friend and I wanna play one but we don't know which one to download.

Aldebaran

SKTTR wrote:

CapnPancakez wrote:

I'm going to get and SD card for my Wii to store games, but what size should I get? I don't have a huge amount of games but I also want enough room for all of them on one card.

4GB is enough to fill all 20 pages x 12 channels = 240 games with VC and WW games.
Really, the only problem is that you just have spots for 240 games, regardless of the size of the SD Card. So 4 GB is enough.

I have a 2 GB SD card I want to copy all my VC games to a new 4 GB VC how can I do that? an easy copy paste through my Laptop? or should I download all of them again?

Nintendo Network ID: Aldebaran20

PinkSpider

I have 600 points and I want to use them up so I have chosen a few games

S.C.A.T.
Final Fantasy
Milon's Secret Garden
Lode Runner
Rygar
Dig Dug
Ninja Gaiden
Soldier Blade
Alien Crush

The game with the most votes i'll get

Cheers guys

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

SparkOfSpirit

Battle Lode Runner seems better than the vanilla one. But if you don't have it, Chew Man Fu is a pretty underrated puzzler.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

CanisWolfred

PinkSpider wrote:

I have 600 points and I want to use them up so I have chosen a few games

S.C.A.T.
Final Fantasy
Milon's Secret Garden
Lode Runner
Rygar
Dig Dug
Ninja Gaiden
Soldier Blade
Alien Crush

The game with the most votes i'll get

Cheers guys

Soldier Blade is the best 600 points you can spend.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Gamesake

Go with Final Fantasy II. It has memorable music, colorful Amano characters, almost no grinding, and a bunch of silly plot twists. Plus it's an iconic video game (spoony bard). It does have a ridiculous (and typical) Final Fantasy ending, but the rest of the game leading up to it is good.

Super Ghouls'n Ghosts and ToeJam & Earl are cool games, but you'd get more for your money with something like Breath of Fire II or Beyond Oasis. I'd probably choose Beyond Oasis over BoFII even though Breath of Fire is the longer game. Beyond Oasis is the closest thing to Zelda on the Genesis.

...in my pants.

SparkOfSpirit

Legend Of The Mystical Ninja is worth it if you like hard platformers with an adventure game twist. Contra 3 is a great run n gun shooter, but only get if you like difficult games because it is definitely no cake walk.

― G.K. Chesterton

Omega

Not sure if this has been asked already, apologies if so.
I'm interested in Ironclad (NeoGeo) but i've heard that the game runs much too dark, the refresh rate is only 50Hz and the language is set to "spain". At least in the European version.

Has someone from Europe recently downloaded this game and are these three bugs still present?

Edited on by Omega

Ωɱɛɡɑ

DarkEdi

I´m from Mexico and i have Ironclad but i don´t know the differences with the Europe version. It´s true the games looks a little "darky" but are the scenarios because it is in war and all are buildings and other grey things. The fact is that it is very detailed and it has a lot of replay. One of my favorites.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

Ryno

If you have thought about any of the LucasArts games like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Zombies Ate My Neighbors, you better get them now before it may be to late!

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Omega

@DarkEdi: Thanks. I guess it's okay then where you live. And if the game is in spanish it wouldn't bother you anyway? Right?

Ωɱɛɡɑ

Tasuki

Ryno wrote:

If you have thought about any of the LucasArts games like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Zombies Ate My Neighbors, you better get them now before it may be to late!

That is true now that Disney owns them who knows how long they will be around. I have Zombies but I still need to get Indy.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ryno

Tasuki wrote:

Ryno wrote:

That is true now that Disney owns them who knows how long they will be around. I have Zombies but I still need to get Indy.

Do you have Ghoul Patrol?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Aldebaran

Omega wrote:

@DarkEdi: Thanks. I guess it's okay then where you live. And if the game is in spanish it wouldn't bother you anyway? Right?

Actually it depends I am also from Mexico and if the Spanish translation has a heavy Iberian Spanish (Spain) dialect, voices or texts then I prefer to play the game in English. I haven't found this in Neo Geo games so far (Spanish translations are OK for me ) but in other more recent games (voice acting, or text messages) I definite prefer to play them in English rather than in Iberian Spanish.

Edited on by Aldebaran

Nintendo Network ID: Aldebaran20

Zeldalover

Hey, I'm considering Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. Do you guys think it's a worthy successor to Super Castlevania IV? I saw a couple of videos and thought on the gameplay's downside for not being able to whip in all eight directions like in it's predecessor. But the level design looks really good and the bosses epic! I know that SC IV is believed to be the definitive TraditionalVania game in the series (and a reimagination of the first), but his one should come close.. if not to be even better (for other reasons than the pure whipping mechanic).

Zeldalover

bezerker99

Zeldalover wrote:

Hey, I'm considering Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. Do you guys think it's a worthy successor to Super Castlevania IV? I saw a couple of videos and thought on the gameplay's downside for not being able to whip in all eight directions like in it's predecessor. But the level design looks really good and the bosses epic! I know that SC IV is believed to be the definitive TraditionalVania game in the series (and a reimagination of the first), but his one should come close.. if not to be even better (for other reasons than the pure whipping mechanic).

Oh, I would recommend getting Rondo of Blood. I find that game to be >>>>>>>>>> than Super CV. Super CV is meh at best, imo and I usually argue that the first three CV's on NES are vastly better.

cheetahman91

Zeldalover wrote:

Yes it is. I would highly recommend it.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Zeldalover

The 3rd one for the NES (Dracula's Curse) might be better than IV because of it's innovation - branching paths, multiple characters, Alucard.. But the difficulty of the NES games turns many people off, so that in the end they actually go preferring a game like IV over III. The 8-direction thing is what they like. Currently waiting for CV III to hit the 3DS VC (restore points are very useful for something this challenging).
Anyways.. I'm definitely picking up Akumajou Dracula X: Chi no Rondo. Getting chills from the prologue sequence..

Edited on by Zeldalover

Zeldalover

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic