Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Showing 921 to 940 of 1,107

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

921. Posted:

Well, it appears as if The Last Blade will be the first fighter I'll be downloading from the Wii VC. Well, except for Final Fight, but I consider that more of a beat'm up/brawler than a traditional fighting game. There's no sense in owning a bunch of fighting games, when I can receive just as much enjoyment from one single game.

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

922. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

I like SamSho, but The Last Blade really is better in nearly every way.

Certainly not better characters though. Last Blade features that same bland B level anime look that nearly every second rate SNK fighting game suffers from. Samurai Showdown was the only SNK fighter that ever looked as good as a Capcom Fighter.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

923. Posted:

Now that we have too World Heroes Perfect. Can you recommend it? I like fighters, i have SSFII, Last Blade and Fighter´s History Dinamite. I like a lot this 3 games.

Wii U: edi_tena (please tell me you are from NintendoLife)
Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

AuthorMessage

Emaan

924. Posted:

Would anyone recommend the NES Mega Man games to me? I'm somewhat interested but not wanting to get games that I can't finish. Basically are these games really difficult? Like hard enough that an experienced Mario player couldn't get through them? :p

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

925. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

I like SamSho, but The Last Blade really is better in nearly every way.

[/div]

Certainly not better characters though. Last Blade features that same bland B level anime look that nearly every second rate SNK fighting game suffers from. Samurai Showdown was the only SNK fighter that ever looked as good as a Capcom Fighter.

I disagree, but then again, I find character design to be a total non-issue. It's about how they play, not how they look.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

KingMike

926. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

Would anyone recommend the NES Mega Man games to me? I'm somewhat interested but not wanting to get games that I can't finish. Basically are these games really difficult? Like hard enough that an experienced Mario player couldn't get through them? :p

The second game had an easy mode (the "Normal" difficulty) added for the western release (makes the player do twice as much damage to the bosses). I don't think it's that difficult. Sure, a few tricky spots (such as Quick Man's famous pits of instant death lasers), but I don't think it requires TOO much practice to overcome.
(the original Japanese difficulty was called "Advanced")

KingMike

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

927. Posted:

Untitled
SMB: Lost Levels anyone? B-)
The only 2D Mario i've never really played, aside from maybe 10 minutes back during the SNES All-Stars release.
And man am i GLAD we got the doki doki panic version of SMB2, because the original Japan sequal looks like a complete re-hashed all too familar romp through the 8-bit Mushroom kingdom. Still, i'm sure it's fun and i'm sure it's extremely challenging. Is it considered one of the NES greats as far as difficulty goes? B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

928. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Untitled
The only 2D Mario i've never really played, aside from maybe 10 minutes back during the SNES All-Stars release.
And man am i GLAD we got the doki doki panic version of SMB2, because the original Japan sequal looks like a complete re-hashed all too familar romp through the 8-bit Mushroom kingdom. Still, i'm sure it's fun and i'm sure it's extremely challenging. Has anybody actually beaten it? :p

I have never beat it. I played it a few times on the SMA cartridge on SNES and again on the Wii disc but the insane difficulty and the rehash feeling just doesn't do it for me. I too agree with you in the fact that I am glad that we got the version that we did for SMB2. What I am really wanting Nintendo to do is make a NSMB games based in the dreamy world of Subcon. If they did that trying to keep me from playing that game would be like trying to keep a ninja turtle from a piece of peanut butter and anchovies pizza. B-)

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

929. Posted:

I know Johnny from the SGB beat it. It gave us a hilarious LP's so the game was good for something. I have never even played it let alone personally know anyone who has.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

930. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Untitled
And man am i GLAD we got the doki doki panic version of SMB2, because the original Japan sequal looks like a complete re-hashed all too familar romp through the 8-bit Mushroom kingdom. Still, i'm sure it's fun and i'm sure it's extremely challenging. Has anybody actually beaten it? :p

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

I have never beat it. I played it a few times on the SMA cartridge on SNES and again on the Wii disc but the insane difficulty and the rehash feeling just doesn't do it for me. I too agree with you in the fact that I am glad that we got the version that we did for SMB2. What I am really wanting Nintendo to do is make a NSMB games based in the dreamy world of Subcon. If they did that trying to keep me from playing that game would be like trying to keep a ninja turtle from a piece of peanut butter and anchovies pizza. B-)

[/div]

[/div]

Ya, i'm having second thoughts on even wanting to play it...it's just too blippin' simular to the first. It's almost like the equivelent of releasing a sequal in the NSMB series in 8-bit form. :p I guess I'm just somewhat interested because it's the only 2D Mario sidescroller i've never really played or beaten, and to just say that i've beaten this little uninspired devilishly toughy trinket would take me even further to the top of VideoGame TekkiDome. B-) :p

Besides, i love a good challenge. The only 2 NES games that have managed to beat the WaveMyster have been Blaster Master and the first TMNT. If i can beat Adventure Island, Gaiden I-III, Castlevania III and startropics than there's a good chance i'll beable to team up with my bud Alf and take on this
little bogus adventure and take a trip into eveything LOST and Levels haha.

Untitled

Anyways! ReDUCKulous anchovi awesomeness aside. Taskui the toobular, what's your 3Ds friends code?
You should post it in your siggy. B-)

@Retro_On_theGo
Who is this Johnny 'the master' you speak of and what' a an SGB? :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Ryno

931. Posted:

I have never touched the Lost Level's nor do I really have a strong desire too. After Mario Wii U for one more Mario launch go-round I am going to tell Mario Mania "later dudes" like Chevy Chase and leave that series in the past on my supersonic sled. B-) Videoland is much bigger than Mario, heck Mario has never been to Videoland.

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

932. Posted:

@Waveboy The Super Gaming Brothers. They lets Play games and they played SMB The Lost Levels. Johnny is the older brother. They're hilarious give'em a shot.
As for the actual game. Do not bother with it. It's really just a glorified rom hack. It's too similar to the first game for me too. It's pretty much the same thing just incredibly harder. Some jumps literally depend on luck! It basically is like NSMB2 in how uninspired it is.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

933. Posted:

@Retro on the Gnarly

A rom hack is EXACTLY what it looks like. and i remember that was the very reason why i kept passing on it after all the years. I'll defintily
take a looky' at The Super Gaming Brothers video just to see how crazy-challenging and unfair, not to mention luck based the experience is just for a laugh, but overall i'm not going to bother with the actual game. I'll pass on it, and download STRIDER on the Genesis VC instead. B-) :p

@Rytari

If i see another NSMB sequal after NSMBWii U i'm officially done with that particular series. It's getting way too ridiculous and familar and this is NINTENDO
for crying out loud, where imagination and creativity used to be off the charts regarding the SMB titles where every single one of them had their own distinct flavor and seperated themselves in every single way imaginable from the pack. Now it's just recycled unappealing far too easy soccer mom inspired Cash in generic crapOla. I wan't to see Toon mario from the SMB 2,3, SML 1 & 2 manuals and box art to be in the next sequal. just 'something' different for once.

But ya, for me, the Golden era of mario ended with World(SMB1-World are all 10's in my eyes) and just hasn't been quite the same ever since. Even Galaxy didn't quite do it for me in the fun factor department... Mario controls were too slow and the experience half the time felt like a chore, not to mention that HUB world really started to get on my nerves. It's great that they opted for a map for Galaxy 2 and it looks more in tune with the older games. What did you think of the original Galaxy btw?

3D Land however looks pretty great, i have a feeling it along with Galaxy 2 will be my top 2 favorite 3D mario's period. meanwhile 64(As ground breaking as it may of been during the time)and Galaxy didn't quite tickle my Fabulous fancy. :p Good but not 'great' Now if you'll excuse me, i've gotta get back to watching ALF reruns down at the Technodrome with Beebop And rocksteady. B-) And like i said, if another NSMB sequal rears it's head i'll be taking off in style just like this >

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Bones00

934. Posted:

I'm going to buy Startropics on the Wii's Virtual Console. Seeing as you probably can't add just the funds you need like the 3DS, I'd have 500 points leftover. I'd prefer to use it for a NES game. What would you recommend or what game would you get if you had 500 points to spend? Thanks.

3DS FC: 3136 6642 8964. 
Twitter, PSN, Steam, Game Center IDs: Bones00

Twitter: Bones00

AuthorMessage

moomoo

935. Posted:

Bones00 wrote:

I'm going to buy Startropics on the Wii's Virtual Console. Seeing as you probably can't add just the funds you need like the 3DS, I'd have 500 points leftover. I'd prefer to use it for a NES game. What would you recommend or what game would you get if you had 500 points to spend? Thanks.

Any Mega Man game, although 2 and 3 are the best. Definitely my favorite series on the NES. Mario Bros. 3 is a masterpiece, but you probably already have that. I know it's not NES, but Sonic 2 and the Master System is pretty solid, and it's very different then Sonic 2 on the Genesis. Kirby's Adventure is one of the few NES games to have aged really well, as in a passerby probably wouldn't guess it's an NES game.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Bones00

936. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

Bones00 wrote:

[/div]

Thanks for that. Those are some good ones and I'll be open to Master system recommendations since I believe they're also 500 points.
Any Mega Man game, although 2 and 3 are the best. Definitely my favorite series on the NES. Mario Bros. 3 is a masterpiece, but you probably already have that. I know it's not NES, but Sonic 2 and the Master System is pretty solid, and it's very different then Sonic 2 on the Genesis. Kirby's Adventure is one of the few NES games to have aged really well, as in a passerby probably wouldn't guess it's an NES game.

3DS FC: 3136 6642 8964. 
Twitter, PSN, Steam, Game Center IDs: Bones00

Twitter: Bones00

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

937. Posted:

I recommend the Star Soldier saga:

Star Force (VCA) and Star Soldier (NES) i have never played but if you recommend me i will give them a try.

TG16 trilogy: Super Star Soldier, Soldier Blade, Final Soldier: I like them. Very different but similar each other, the main difference are the changes of weapon in each version. I like more SSS and SB but the 3 are very good. The 2 and 5 min. options are very challenging.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

AuthorMessage

KingMike

938. Posted:

How about Star Parodier, the joke game in the series?

KingMike

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

939. Posted:

Oh yeah, i forgot that game. I will download it very soon. But i don´t know if to buy Star Force and Star Soldier (nes), but the TG16 games of this saga are excellents.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

940. Posted:

Don't buy Star Soldier. Terrible game, that one.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~