Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Showing 821 to 840 of 1,105

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

821. Posted:

RevolverLink, why would you infer it's the worst Mario platformer?

Tasuki, I really do enjoy challenging platformers like the NES Megaman titles. Would you say it's worth it's import value, or would I be better off purchasing, "Super Mario World," for the additional 200 points?

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

Joshers744

822. Posted:

Me personally, would recommend Super Mario World. It's not near as difficult as Lost Levels (which can be a good or a bad thing), but it's not necessarily super easy either. Plus, it adds Yoshi to the mix. It's one of my favorite old games ever

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
XBL : Jataylor744

My 3DS friend code is : 4639-9014-2585Online games i have right now : MK7, Mario Tennis O, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sonic Generations, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Animal Crossing : New Leaf

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

Xyphon22

823. Posted:

I know they're completely different types of games, but should I get Kid Icarus or StarTropics? I can't decide.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

824. Posted:

Joshers744, how well do you think, "Super Mario World," would control with a GameCube controller? Because I don't own a Classic Controller.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

825. Posted:

@G4L: For Super Mario World I will say if you can get the classic controller pro, the GC controller is horrible for playing SNES games with. As for Super Mario Bros the Lost Levels unless you can find the Super Mario Anniversary collection for the Wii than yes its worth the points, but than again either the VC or the Anniversary collection is the only way you can get that game on the Wii.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

826. Posted:

Thank you, Tasuki. At the moment, I don't actually have the funds for a Classic Controller. So I'd most likely choose, "Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels".

On another note, would, "The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past," control sufficiently utilizing the GameCube controller?

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

827. Posted:

@G4L: Honestly I cant really say on how SNES games work with a Gamecube controller since I bought a classic controller at the same time I bought my Wii since it is very similar to the shape of a SNES controller and that's what I grew up with. However I have heard from alot of people that the SNES games are hard to control with the Gamecube controller. Now N64 games on the other hand play pretty well with a GC contoller.

All I can really suggest is download the game and see how you like it with a Gamecube controller. Even if you find it hard to play with the GC controller you still have the game downloaded when you finally do buy a classic controller ;)

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

828. Posted:

That's very true @Tasuki. I just hope we're all able to transfer our VC and WiiWare content onto the WiiU. It would be a complete shame if these classic games were to disappear into the past once again. Because our Wii consoles won't function forever, and I would really appreciate it if I was able to hold onto my VC collection.

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

Emaan

829. Posted:

Is the original F-Zero (SNES) any good?

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

830. Posted:

@Emann1: Yeah it's good. The only problem is that there's no multiplayer.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

Emaan

831. Posted:

Well, I have to think of 5 SNES games. To average out two 20 points cards. So that might be the 5th game.

Edit : I noticed you have a link to your Backloggery, how do you get it in your signature to say the words "My Backlog" as the link?

Edited on by Emaan

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

832. Posted:

Now that I've seen Kid Icarus beyond the upward scrolling first few stages, it actually looks good. Should I get the NES version now or wait for the 3D remake?

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

833. Posted:

The gamecube control is perfect for the N64 games (button layout) and the Turbografx-16 games (the turbo buttons have better order).

I hope someday the Wii U could have some kind of gamecube controller conected to the wiimote because the classic controller is the worst option when you play a VC N64 game.

Wii U: edi_tena (please tell me you are from NintendoLife)
Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

AuthorMessage

Ryno

834. Posted:

SoZettaFox wrote:

Now that I've seen Kid Icarus beyond the upward scrolling first few stages, it actually looks good. Should I get the NES version now or wait for the 3D remake?

The NES version of Kid Icarus is one of my favorite NES games so I would recommend that. But then again, I always prefer the classic original over the glitzy remake.

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

835. Posted:

@Emaan1: [url = web address goes here ] Backloggery [/ url ]

Remove all the spaces and you're all set.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

836. Posted:

Is, "Vectorman," any good guys? I really enjoyed Metroid, and I recently downloaded, "Super Metroid," as well. Which for me, just screams, "Nintendo!" This is also the case with, "Vectorman". For me, it just screams, "Sega!" :P

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

837. Posted:

DarkEdi wrote:

I hope someday the Wii U could have some kind of gamecube controller conected to the wiimote because the classic controller is the worst option when you play a VC N64 game.

I doubt it since you cant even use a Gamecube controller on the new Wiis now.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

paburrows

838. Posted:

So with some of the Turbographix games being removed I was thinking of downloading some before they are gone. But back when that was around had a Super Nintendo and a Genesis but no Turbographix. So I was wondering what games are worth downloading for that system? I've p[lays Bonk before which is great and I just downloaded R-Type last night, what else is good?

Friend Code: 1762 - 2853 - 4458
Store: http://room23store.blogspot.com/
Art Blog: http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/
My Birthday: November 3, 1975

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

839. Posted:

@paburrows : I've only bought three TG16 games for the VC, but I've enjoyed them all to varying degrees.

Bomberman '93 - It's Bomberman. And if you've somehow never played a Bomberman game before, you're probably just better off getting '94.
Neutopia - A shameless rip-off of the original Zelda, but there are worse games to steal from.
Ys Book I & II - A great action RPG that's more than the sum of its individual parts.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

Emaan

840. Posted:

So I need opinions, I'm currently buying NES games.

I need a 4th game to flatten out my $20 back to zero.

Metroid or Kid Icarus?

The Emaaloggery