Forums

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Posts 821 to 840 of 1,082

e-love

I still can't decide, since apparently they are both infamous for being so hard D:

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Nintenbro

G4L wrote:

Is, "Vectorman," any good guys? I really enjoyed Metroid, and I recently downloaded, "Super Metroid," as well. Which for me, just screams, "Nintendo!" This is also the case with, "Vectorman". For me, it just screams, "Sega!"

Somebody, anybody?

@Emaan, I would suggest downloading Metroid. Since you just purchased Uprising, and should have enough Kid Icarus goodness for awhile. You could always download Kid Icarus sometime in the future.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

e-love

Yeah that's true. I still feel like Metroid is going to be notoriously difficult for me

Nintenbro

Metroid can be a little difficult at first, but after you find a few upgrades it becomes a lot easier. If you're having trouble finding your way around planet Zebes, there are overworld maps at GameFAQs you can print. Which will make it a hell of a lot easier to find those upgrades.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

e-love

Sounds good, I might be leaning towards Metroid now. Then as far as Metroid goes, once I start buying SNES games, Super Metroid is obviously a very quick addition to my list of virtual console games. Is Metroid II : Return of Samus worth it? I feel like that one is way too outdated.

Edited on by e-love

DarkEdi

The turbografx is my better choice when i want to download games, it has a lot of exclusives. My recommendations are:

Lords of Thunder - epic, excellent.
Soldier Blade- very addictive, i want to buy all 16 bit Star Soldier games.
Super adventure island- better than the original, very funny and challengeable.
Bomberman 93- 94- excellent multiplayer with 5 people!
and before Irem dissapears i recommend a lot Legend of Hero Tonma, it is very fun and with a lot of attacks.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

Nintenbro

Nobody here can recommend, "Vectorman," huh? ↑

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

RevolverLink

I've heard good things about Vectorman, but I've never played it myself.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Nintenbro

Hey guys, I'm back again. I just can't seem to get enough of these retro revivals. I'm currently trying to decide between either downloading StarTropics 1 & 2 or Megaman 2 & 5. I've already downloaded Megaman 3, if you happen to be asking yourself why I'd have these two specific entries on the scales.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Ryno

@G4L: The classics are the best no doubt! So yeah, I would say if you are up for a good challenge that has a distinctly salti*NES* flavor then try out StarTropics. You cannot go diagonally in the first game so that takes a little getting used to but just a great game overall. If you are itching for some more Mega Man madness then go for the Mega Man's, you cannot go wrong. Just remember that in 2 you don't have the slip 'n slide move like in 3, but 2 is still my favorite of the Mega Man bunch.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Nintenbro

Which is the better version of, "Solomon's Key," the NES or VC Arcade version? Also, is the gameplay found in, "Chew Man Fu," as enjoyable as it appears?

Nintendo Bro

DarkEdi

I have Chew Man Fu. Is a puzzle game where 2 kids kick balls to destroy enemies. It has walls to break and each color has different abilities. The objetive is to put the balls in their respective color base. It is a good game. I give it a 7 but if you play it with another friend it gets a 8 for me.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

misswliu81

Emaan1 wrote:

Sounds good, I might be leaning towards Metroid now. Then as far as Metroid goes, once I start buying SNES games, Super Metroid is obviously a very quick addition to my list of virtual console games. Is Metroid II : Return of Samus worth it? I feel like that one is way too outdated.

get metroid 2. it's supposed to be an improvement over the first game as it has a map, which the first one didn't have. gameplay is very solid throughout and it still holds up.

misswliu81

e-love

I'm not sure about the way Metroid II : Return of Samus looks though. I love retro graphics, but some Game Boy games really don't look good now.

Nintenbro

I'm fairly sure at least a few of my fellow NintendoLife members have downloaded, "Solomon's Key," so can anyone please inform me if the NES or the VC Arcade version is the most definitive?

@Emaan1, how enjoyable have you found Metroid to be my friend? By the way, I owned, "Metroid II: Return of Samus," when I was 10 years of age, and I believe I enjoyed it more than I enjoyed Metroid on the VC. I don't happen to own a 3DS, or I would've downloaded it myself by now.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

SparkOfSpirit

I'm just gonna throw a general recommendation to platformer fans to get Doki Doki Milon. It's such a great and underrated game.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

SKTTR

G4L wrote:

I'm fairly sure at least a few of my fellow NintendoLife members have downloaded, "Solomon's Key," so can anyone please inform me if the NES or the VC Arcade version is the most definitive?

@Emaan1, how enjoyable have you found Metroid to be my friend? By the way, I owned, "Metroid II: Return of Samus," when I was 10 years of age, and I believe I enjoyed it more than I enjoyed Metroid on the VC. I don't happen to own a 3DS, or I would've downloaded it myself by now.

I have the VC/NES version of Solomon's Key. I think the EU version has unlimited continues, so if you're from NA you might be better off with the Arcade version.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Nintenbro

@SKTTR, which version has unlimited continues?

Nintendo Bro

e-love

Just got Kirby's Adventure (NES) its great

CaptainN

I have played and really like the 8-bit versions of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog 2. That being said, how is Sonic Chaos? I have never played it before and it really doesn't seem to have that great of reviews but then again neither did Ninja Gaiden III or Castlevania II and I like both those games anyway. So what do you guys think, is it worth it or am I better off passing it over?

CaptainN

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic