Forums

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Posts 781 to 800 of 1,082

Tasuki

Gamester77 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Final Fight 3 IMO is the better of the two Final Fight sequels but I found it with the computer control partner to be a bit easy. Still if you love beat'em ups than you cant go wrong with Final Fight 3. The two new characters bring in something new and complement Guy and Haggar nicely. Also another nice touch they did with Final Fight 3 is that you can find alternative paths in levels which can do several different things like take you to a different level, skip a boss or even fight an alternate boss.

I am not to sure on the other two choices since I never played them. I hope the info I gave helped.

Thanks Waveboy.

I'm not Waveboy

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

GTWarrior77

@Tasuki - 1000 apologies. That's what happens when a half asleep man sits in front of a pc.

"As a man thinketh, so he is"
WiiU NNID: GTKing77

SKTTR

If you look for something different, Light Crusader (Mega Drive/Sega Genesis) is an overlooked gem: a fastpaced actionpacked isometric adventure with some cool features, great puzzles, a good enough story, and 6 creepy dungeons with bosses at the end of each. It´s made by the masterminds Treasure. 800pts and about 8 hours long if you try to find all the best weapons, equipment and secret rooms.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

GTWarrior77

@SKTTR - Thanks, Light Crusader does look interesting indeed. Can't believe I haven't noticed this one before. Will have to pick it up.

Gamesake

Gamester77 wrote:

Any good 2d side scrolling adventure games that someone can recommend.

Faxanadu, Super Metroid, maybe even ActRaiser--but that game might be more action than adventure.

Gamester77 wrote:

Can anybody tell me what they thought of Wonderboy in Monster Land for the MegaDrive?

I was thinking of downloading Wonderboy or Dragon's Curse myself, but now I've got my fingers crossed for Monster World IV.

...in my pants.

Crystalline

Why won't Nintendo release the Zelda Oracle games already? -.- What about the ambassador games for the general public? Why won't they let us give them our money? Argh!

Crystalline

Tasuki

Avectius wrote:

Why won't Nintendo release the Zelda Oracle games already? -.- What about the ambassador games for the general public? Why won't they let us give them our money? Argh!

Because those are GB games they are more likely to release those on the 3DS rather than the Wii VC.

My Backlog

GTWarrior77

Thanks for the suggestions Tasuki, SKTTR and Gamesake. I've decided to download Final Fight 3 and Light Crusader. Will probably grab Mario Golf while I'm at it.

What are your thoughts on Mario Golf on N64?

Edited on by GTWarrior77

SKTTR

I loved Mario Golf back then, I think 1999 on Nintendo 64. It was the first golf game that really got me hooked. I don't know how well it stood the test of time graphically, but it must be still a great golf game in every other regard. What got me most were the many beautiful and clever designed courses and simple controls.
The VC version deserves a mention though. You can't unlock the hidden characters from the GBC version as there's no Transfer Pak compatibility available.
Other than that, CAMELOT has produced at least two newer similar golf games you can play on Wii and can find pretty cheap: Mario Golf Toadstool Tour (Gamecube) and We Love Golf! (Wii).
But for a golf game reduced to the Wii Shop it's pretty much the best, followed by Neo Turf Masters and Fun! Fun! Minigolf.
With Mario Golf you have content and gameplay totally worth 1000pts.

+

GTWarrior77

@ SKTTR - I'm currently playing through Mario Tennis on the VC and it's quite an addictive game. I will pick up Mario Golf this weekend and give it a go. From the videos I've seen of Mario Golf, it should be 1000 points well spent.

Back in the N64 days I decided to go the Playstation route and I'm currently playing catchup on the VC as far as the N64 games are concerned. Next step will be to actually buy the original N64 console and cartridges.

DarkEdi

Great games. There are a lot of good games.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

SKTTR

@Gamester77: Yes, i have played the original N64 Mario Tennis for months. It was pretty long beating all tournaments with every character on all difficulties plus the ring tournaments, etc. And of course multiplayer was a blast.
Again, like with Mario Golf, unfortunately the VC version doesn't have the Transfer Pak feature to transfer your selfmade RPG characters from the Game Boy Color version, so you won't be able to get a 100% complete character selection screen.

Nintenbro

How is Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels?

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

RevolverLink

@G4l : It's the worst Mario platformer.

Which means it's still pretty good.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Tasuki

@G4L: If you like challenging games than its a good one. Its alot closer to the terms of a sequel than SMB2 but it adds enough differences to offer something new. But as I said it can be very hard at times.

My Backlog

Nintenbro

RevolverLink, why would you infer it's the worst Mario platformer?

Tasuki, I really do enjoy challenging platformers like the NES Megaman titles. Would you say it's worth it's import value, or would I be better off purchasing, "Super Mario World," for the additional 200 points?

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

Whopper744

Me personally, would recommend Super Mario World. It's not near as difficult as Lost Levels (which can be a good or a bad thing), but it's not necessarily super easy either. Plus, it adds Yoshi to the mix. It's one of my favorite old games ever

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Xyphon22

I know they're completely different types of games, but should I get Kid Icarus or StarTropics? I can't decide.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Nintenbro

Joshers744, how well do you think, "Super Mario World," would control with a GameCube controller? Because I don't own a Classic Controller.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic