Forums

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Posts 761 to 780 of 1,082

SKTTR

WiiAboutU wrote:

Yeah, I know Chrono Trigger has that option @SKTTR, I was actually referring to OB 64: PoLC. But thanks for caring. Your a good friend, why don't you join our NL Moto Heroz racing league my friend or do you already belong to one? (<:

I'm playing casually as I'm not the kind of gamer who just plays one game, the same game every day, but if you want me in your team how can I join?

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Gamesake

WiiAboutU wrote:

I've got a 1000 points left and I think I want a strategy title more than an RPG. I've been wanting Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordily Caliber, are you able to transfer your equipment and ranks you've collected into your following playthroughs or are you forced to start over from scratch?

No. You have to start over from scratch.

You can also see more Ogre Battle 64 opinions on Nintendolife here.

...in my pants.

Link245

How is Sonic 3D Blast? I've always wanted to play that game, but all I know about it is it's a 3D top-down Sonic game.

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

CanisWolfred

Link245 wrote:

How is Sonic 3D Blast? I've always wanted to play that game, but all I know about it is it's a 3D top-down Isometric Sonic game.

Fixed. Seriously, outside of the occasional loop-de-loops and Sonic himself, you'd never know it was a Sonic game. And it's Isometric, not Top-down. With that said, I personally enjoyed it for what it was. The levels were all well designed and creative, I never really had a problem with the controls like I usually do with Isometric games, and it was generally pretty fun, so long as you take it for what it is.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SuperLink

I have 2000 Wii Points to kill. What should I get? I really only want VC games by the way, hence, why I'm posting on the VC recommendations thread.

SuperLink

Gamesake

Well, his username is SuperLink. It's obvious what he's interested in.

Untitled

...in my pants.

GrooseMarioFan

Hey I've got $8 on my channel account, so what should I get-- Super Mario World or Zelda: A Link To The Past? From what I've heard, I'm leaning towards ALTTP, but I'm fans of both series. What should I do!?

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4747-2365 (Tell me if you add me)
Fav. Wii game: Skyward Sword
3DS game: Mario Kart 7
eShop game: Pushmo
Gamecube game: Wind Waker & Super Mario Sunshine
N64 game: Ocarina of Time & Conker
Proud owner of an Aqua Blue Ambassador 3DS :...

Gamesake

ALttP is a great game. Either one would be a good choice, unless they show up for 100 coins on Club Nintendo later. I don't know, you might be better off buying something not published by Nintendo.

...in my pants.

DarkEdi

My post was closed. I´m confused about which version is better from wonderboy series in master system-genesis/ turbografx

monster lair in turbografx and genesis
dragon´s trap/curse in master system and turbografx
monster world / dinastic hero in master system and genesis
monster land in master system

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

SKTTR

I got all the original Wonder Boy versions and I wouldn´t like it any other way. I prefer the Wonder Boy versions and I´m very happy with them.

1. Wonder Boy (SMS)
2. Wonder Boy in Monster Land (SMS)
3. Wonder Boy III: The Dragon´s Trap
4. Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair (MD)
5. Wonder Boy in Monster World (MD)

Despite the TG versions having CD music, the original Wonder Boy chiptunes are much better imo.

The only one that´s a bit disappointing is the MD version of Monster Lair. It´s missing some levels compared to the TG version. I hope the full original arcade version will be released (you should wait for that one).

The others (Adventure Island, The Dynastic Hero, and Dragon´s Curse) are almost 1:1 ports, at least in level design. But Wonder Boy has unlimited continues and looks much better than Adventure Island.
Dragon´s Curse has a save feature compared to WB3:TDT password, but that makes no difference, at least not with the Wii´s suspend feature. And The Dynastic Hero has an animated intro and alternative characters/story, but like I said before, you get an all-new CD soundtrack that´s missing all the great tunes from Monster World.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

RevolverLink

GrooseMarioFan wrote:

Hey I've got $8 on my channel account, so what should I get-- Super Mario World or Zelda: A Link To The Past? From what I've heard, I'm leaning towards ALTTP, but I'm fans of both series. What should I do!?

Just flip a coin. There's no way you can go wrong with either one.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

lonlon-milker

k so here is my predicament.I have 2200 points and dicided to get street fighter 2 finally I also want a castlvainia but i'm not sure what game i should get a mega man game, mario rpg, or something nice and beat em uppy. what should i get cause i really wouldnt want another platformer?

HadukroPUNCH= awesome battle cry

Xyphon22

So this is probably a weird question/request, but can anyone recommend a game that they had never played before and turned out great. For me, the VC is mostly great because of nostalgia. For example, I had never played Super Metroid before but downloaded it because I had heard how awesome it was. And although I know it improves on the original in every imaginable way, I still prefer the original Metroid, and the only reason I can give is because I grew up playing the original. So does anyone have a game that they took a chance on even though they had never played it before and truly loved it?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

ogo79

@Xyphon22
thats not a weird question at all. part of VC is for nostalgia while the other part is for discovery...yes there are a few games ive downloaded that ive never played untill VC:
Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa was one of those games i kept sayin to myself as i was playing "im glad i got this game"
Ufouria
Rondo Of Blood
Alien Soldier
and theres a few more im going to get that i know i will like. it helps to youtube the game first and see what yer gettin into

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

DarkEdi

Lords of Thunder is one of the best shooters even made. And if you want retro action in Wiiware there is Kyotokei, is a shooter like the 16 bits era.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

GTWarrior77

Any good 2d side scrolling adventure games that someone can recommend. I've been playing a lot of platforming games lately (Super Mario games, Megaman games, Sonic, Wario Land Shake it, etc) and I feel like something different. I don't mind if there are platforming elements in the game as long as it is not a pull your hair out because of frustration type of platformer.

Apart from a 2d adventure game, I'm also considering: Top Hunter: Roddy & Cathy (Neo Geo), Spin Master (Neo Geo), Final Fight 3 (SNES).

Any insights are much appreciated.

Edited on by GTWarrior77

"As a man thinketh, so he is"
WiiU NNID: GTKing77

Tasuki

Final Fight 3 IMO is the better of the two Final Fight sequels but I found it with the computer control partner to be a bit easy. Still if you love beat'em ups than you cant go wrong with Final Fight 3. The two new characters bring in something new and complement Guy and Haggar nicely. Also another nice touch they did with Final Fight 3 is that you can find alternative paths in levels which can do several different things like take you to a different level, skip a boss or even fight an alternate boss.

I am not to sure on the other two choices since I never played them. I hope the info I gave helped.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

GTWarrior77

Tasuki wrote:

Final Fight 3 IMO is the better of the two Final Fight sequels but I found it with the computer control partner to be a bit easy. Still if you love beat'em ups than you cant go wrong with Final Fight 3. The two new characters bring in something new and complement Guy and Haggar nicely. Also another nice touch they did with Final Fight 3 is that you can find alternative paths in levels which can do several different things like take you to a different level, skip a boss or even fight an alternate boss.

I am not to sure on the other two choices since I never played them. I hope the info I gave helped.

Thanks Waveboy. Final Fight 3 looks pretty good from what I have seen so far. Will probably pick it up later tonight.

Can anybody tell me what they thought of Wonderboy in Monster Land for the MegaDrive?

"As a man thinketh, so he is"
WiiU NNID: GTKing77

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic