Forums

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Posts 661 to 680 of 1,082

Weskerb

Can anyone tell me if there is a big difference between the Lost Levels on the VC and the one on Super Mario Allstars?

Last week I played Lost Levels on some else's SNES, really enjoyed it and want to get it for myself. Should I just download the original on the VC or try and find a copy of Super Mario Allstars 25th anniversary edition (not cheap).

Weskerb

Tasuki

@Starfox: If you never played a Contra you are in for a treat. Dont worry if you die alot you do in those games alot. Just remember if you are playing the first Contra UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, START.

Oh and to answer you question from a different post why isnt Super C called Super Contra. It was because when Super C came out it was during the time when Iran was holding Americans Hostage which came to be known as the Iran Contra Affair. Fearing that the word "Contra" would bring negative images to parents and such buy the game they just called it Super C.

@billy-beauts: There really isnt any difference except for the graphics really. Basically what it comes down to is if you want the other games include on the SMA disc or if you just want the Lost Levels and how cheap you can get the SMA. A local used game shop more than likey will have some used by now.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ryno

Tasuki wrote:

@Starfox: If you never played a Contra you are in for a treat. Dont worry if you die alot you do in those games alot. Just remember if you are playing the first Contra UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, START.

Oh and to answer you question from a different post why isnt Super C called Super Contra. It was because when Super C came out it was during the time when Iran was holding Americans Hostage which came to be known as the Iran Contra Affair. Fearing that the word "Contra" would bring negative images to parents and such buy the game they just called it Super C.

@billy-beauts: There really isnt any difference except for the graphics really. Basically what it comes down to is if you want the other games include on the SMA disc or if you just want the Lost Levels and how cheap you can get the SMA. A local used game shop more than likey will have some used by now.

@Tasuki What the??? You give him the Konami code for Contra but only leave him with three lives on Super C! Super C 10 man code is Right, Left Down, UP, A, B, Start

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Tasuki

Ryno wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

@Tasuki What the??? You give him the Konami code for Contra but only leave him with three lives on Super C! Super C 10 man code is Right, Left Down, UP, A, B, Start

I never did play Super C, I knew there was a 10 man code but I didnt bother memorizing it.

My Backlog

cheetahman91

I need some recommendations. I have 1200 points left and I don't know what game(s) I should get. The only genres I don't won't recommended from are RPG and adventure games. Here's a list of games I already have. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I also have Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection so don't recommend anything from that either.

Edited on by cheetahman91

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

cheetahman91

@Mickymac: Yeah you're right, I really do need more shooters.

Okay so I've got it narrowed down, should I get MUSHA or Life Force and New Adventure Island?

Jesus is the only way.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

OverlordMao

I suggest MUSHA. It's an amaing game, full of addicting gameplay and really kickass music. It's a PERFECT example of a great shmup on the Genesis and I highly recommend it.

Why do astronauts backtrack?
They forgot the Space Jump Boots.

cheetahman91

Ended up getting MUSHA. Thanks for the help.

Jesus is the only way.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Should I get FF6? I'm curious about the series.

Edited on by The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Tasuki

@StarFox: If you have never played it than yes. It is the best one in the series ever. Although none of the games require you to play another from the series since they dont really link in anyway story wise.

My Backlog

WiiAboutU

Would anyone suggest that I download "Super Adventure Island 2", when it becomes available in North America. It seems like the only entry in the series that I would enjoy. Mainly because of the rpg elements.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

SuperLink

Trying to decide between Mario Party 2 or Yoshi's Story. Suggestions?

SuperLink

WiiAboutU

Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse
Megaman 3
Are these two a good a choice?

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

cheetahman91

@WiiAboutU: I'd say you made pretty good choices. Castlevania III is the best of the orginal NES trilogy. As for Mega Man 3, not a fan of it myself, but a lot of people on this site say it's great.

Jesus is the only way.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

rolLTheDice

I may be very biased here because Mega Man 3 was the the first of the series i played as a child. I played it again recently and can only say it should be one of the longest games in the original series (4 stages more than your typical Mega Man game if i'm correct). The use of Rush brings a bit of variation of gameplay and the apperance of Proto Man was epic for the time. I'm not very picky when it comes to Mega Man games so i can't say if the Robot Masters were really good.

Edited on by rolLTheDice

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic