Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Showing 581 to 600 of 1,107

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

581. Posted:

isitorange wrote:

King of Fighters '95 or Fatal Fury 3?

Personally, I'm not a fan of either. If I were you, I'd either wait for King of Fighters '96 or grab Fatal Fury Special.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Henmii

582. Posted:

I really recommend DOREMI Fantasy! It's a snes game, part of the Hanabi festival, and it's made by Hudson. It really surprised me at how much fun it is! It's a rather simplistic 2D platformer with nice graphics and fun music. You play a Link look-a-like that traps enemies in bubbles (a la bubble bobble), and it's just fun to play. The levels are a bit on the short side though. Last time I played I got to the moon boss. And I haven't beaten him yet, because he is pretty hard!

Henmii

AuthorMessage

buttonmasher

583. Posted:

One of my favorite games is Super Aleste on the SNES.

As this is never coming to the Virtual Console, I'm looking at downloading another shump in the same vein. But, there are so many and all of them seem to have loyal fans and great reviews!

Which is the most like Super Aleste? (Similar weapon systems, power-ups, difficulty level, graphics, music)

I've been looking at Blazing lazers (although this looks a bit primitive compared to Super Aleste are the graphics poor in comparison?) or Soldier blade (but this is different series and might play differently).

Tried Super Star Soldier but this was FAAAAAAARRR too difficult and I found not being able to save really frustrating.

Can anyone recommend me something I'll like or confirm I should go for Blazing Lazers?

Thanks guys!

buttonmasher

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

584. Posted:

I suggest Musha, which is part of the same series.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

585. Posted:

Like Mickeymac said, MUSHA is in the Aleste series just like the game you mentioned, so your best bet is to go with that one. It's pretty good.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

Waxedfloss76

586. Posted:

super mario64, donkey kong country snes, super metroid
smetroid is way great...perfect music. donkeykc is better by far than the wii game. super m64 is the best mario game ever made....

Waxedfloss76

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

587. Posted:

How are the Adventure of LoLo games for the Nes?

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

588. Posted:

The Adventures of Lolo aren't bad if you enjoy puzzle games like LIT and Frobot.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

589. Posted:

Haven't played Lit or Frobot, but I might give The Adventures of Lolo a try....I've got a bit of teeny weeny nostalgia for it, because I did rent back in the Nes days, but hardly played it. I guess i was just drawn to the cute and fun boxArt, but i hardly bothered with the game as it wasn't my cup of tea in those days.

After I'm done with Trauma center 2 on the DS, I'm most likely going to download ActRaiser....Which is going to be a brand new experience for me since I missed out on it. And I'm glad you can selection 'Action Mode' which gets rid of the simulation aspect of the game. Anyways, so how does ActRaiser hold up these days? I'm reallly looking forward to it. B-)

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

countglasse

590. Posted:

I only have 2000 points and am hoping to get Ogre Battle: Person of Lordly Caliberand 2 NES games
Does anyone know any good NES games, besides metroid, LoZ, Mario, etc.
-I've played those and want some good addicting games that you can play over and over again.
Any recomendations? (also is Ogre Battle good?)

countglasse

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

591. Posted:

@countglasse Ogre Battle is a great game. I've played it for over 60 hours (it has multiple endings), but I'm also a fan of strategy games. Other gamers have found it boring and confusing.
-You might want to look into Faxanadu on the NES. It's an action RPG like the Adventures of Link or Simon's Quest--but much better than those two games. There will be times in Faxanadu when you don't know what to do next, and that can be frustrating. So I don't think you could call it addicting, it's more of an epic game. I still think it's the best NES game on the VC.

WaveBoy wrote:

I'm most likely going to download ActRaiser....Which is going to be a brand new experience for me since I missed out on it. And I'm glad you can selection 'Action Mode' which gets rid of the simulation aspect of the game. Anyways, so how does ActRaiser hold up these days?

It holds up better than the SNES Castlevanias IMO. But you should know, the 'Professional!' Mode will unlock after you beat the game once--that means you won't be able to avoid the town building simulation levels at first.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

ogo79

592. Posted:

id suggest Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa, its an import and a worthy platformer when you need to play something different. nice worlds and visuals.
i slept on this one for a looong time, but im glad i have it and beat it. google it, it aint cheap

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

593. Posted:

countglasse wrote:

I only have 2000 points and am hoping to get Ogre Battle: Person of Lordly Caliberand 2 NES games
Does anyone know any good NES games, besides metroid, LoZ, Mario, etc.
-I've played those and want some good addicting games that you can play over and over again.
Any recomendations? (also is Ogre Battle good?)

I'd suggest Kirby's Adventure and Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

594. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

@countglasse Ogre Battle is a great game. I've played it for over 60 hours (it has multiple endings), but I'm also a fan of strategy games. Other gamers have found it boring and confusing.
-You might want to look into Faxanadu on the NES. It's an action RPG like the Adventures of Link or Simon's Quest--but much better than those two games. There will be times in Faxanadu when you don't know what to do next, and that can be frustrating. So I don't think you could call it addicting, it's more of an epic game. I still think it's the best NES game on the VC.

WaveBoy wrote:

I'm most likely going to download ActRaiser....Which is going to be a brand new experience for me since I missed out on it. And I'm glad you can selection 'Action Mode' which gets rid of the simulation aspect of the game. Anyways, so how does ActRaiser hold up these days?

It holds up better than the SNES Castlevanias IMO. But you should know, the 'Professional!' Mode will unlock after you beat the game once--that means you won't be able to avoid the town building simulation levels at first.

Well that sucks...Is there some cheat to unlock it? And as for Super Castlevania IV, that game is just brilliant. A 10/10. Easily the greatest and most atmospheric Castlevania title I've ever played. It's got the diangling whip so there for it automaticly destroys every other ClassicVania. B-)

AuthorMessage

countglasse

595. Posted:

Faxanadu looks fun, how long do you think the game will last me? Also how's Blaster Master?

countglasse

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

596. Posted:

countglasse wrote:

Faxanadu looks fun, how long do you think the game will last me? Also how's Blaster Master?

Blaster Master is good fun, though the continue limit can be annoying (of course, once you master the game it's not a problem).

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

597. Posted:

countglasse wrote:

Faxanadu looks fun, how long do you think the game will last me?

It's hard to say. It took me over 10 hours to finish, but I was always backtracking for keys and free elixirs. Some people online are claiming they can speed run Faxanadu in an hour--it might be posible if you had the game memorized and never died (also skip the Tower of Suffer).

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

598. Posted:

Welll, I'm a smidge stumped on getting ActRaiser now and that's all because of the simulation aspect of the game. How long exactly do those stages usually take to complete? I think I might just skip it and play the bug nuts insanely intense and crazy colorful 'AKA' Contra's bogus brother Gunstar Heroes for the first time. :D

Another killer gem I missed out on, and it's been practically with the Wii's VC from the start, so i think it's about time I gave it a shot! Hell, it's been ages since I've actually downloaded a Genesis VC title anyways...But at the same time, ActRaiser's music composer who did Streets of Rage is a freakin' legend and i'm dieing to try out the action based stages. :p

And what about Dynomite Heady and Ristar for the Genesis? I never played either of those growing up....

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Ryno

599. Posted:

@waveboy Ristar is an absolute Genesis classic. I have the PS3 Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection and it is one of the best games created for the Genesis.

I have ActRaiser on my list to download to. I remember renting that game as a kid and I was blown away by the graphics because it was one of the first SNES games I played. I didn't like the simulation part of the game back then but now I am definitely tempted to revisit it and appreciate it the uniqueness of that game.

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

600. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

And what about Dynamite Heady and Ristar for the Genesis? I never played either of those growing up....

I personally liked them more than Gunstar Heroes. They're classics, and I highly suggest you give them a go. However, make sure you set Ristar on hard...otherwise it's a bit too easy.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~