Forums

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Posts 521 to 540 of 1,082

CanisWolfred

Jumbif wrote:

I downloaded Final Fantasy. It seems pretty cool, haven't gotten to play much yet.

Cool, hope you like it in the long run. It's a hard one, so it doesn't hurt to look up maps and stuff online.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TTGlider

to any fighting fans: I am a total fighting genre novice. I had SF IV for Xbox 360 and SF II Turbo Remix for Xbox 360 arcade. I liked both. Now I would like a one-on-one fighter for Virtual Console. I'm up for any system (other than N64), any price. If I could give one criteria it would be that I'd probably be better off with a slightly easier game as I have so little time with the genre. Thanks for any recommendations!

pie4prez wrote:

I decided to grab drum-roll Wario's Woods.

to pie4prez: funny coincidence as I just downloaded both! Wario's Woods is really colorful and I like the animation of Wario in the top right. But I found it took a while for the action to "heat up" and never really felt pressed until round 25 or so. Still worth $5 to me and I like the "trivia" of it being the last licensed NES game in the US. Wrecking Crew, on the other hand, I found testing my intellect (perhaps I shouldn't admit that!!) only 10 or 11 levels in. A neat brain teaser that is probably overlooked because of its first-generation NES graphics. That one is MORE than worth the $5... though I haven't figured out the level editor yet. But seriously... Wrecking Crew rocks.

TTGlider

CanisWolfred

@TTGlider

Street Fighter Alpha 2

Fatal Fury Special
Samurai Shodown 1
Samurai Shodown 2
The King of Fighters '95

I also Highly suggest getting The King of Fighters '96 if it ever comes out. SNK's games are usually very hard, but KOF'96 is manageable.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TTGlider

^ Thanks for the guidance. I bought Samurai Shodown 2! I had to scale back the difficulty but I think this will grow on me. Nice backgrounds!

TTGlider

CanisWolfred

TTGlider wrote:

^ Thanks for the guidance. I bought Samurai Shodown 2! I had to scale back the difficulty but I think this will grow on me. Nice backgrounds!

Good pick. It wasn't top of my list because it was so hard (even on the easiest difficulty the final boss is impossible), but otherwise it's a great game! So much fun, and a lot different from Street Fighter.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TTGlider

SKTTR wrote:

@TTGlider: ....

Just beat the Magical Drop III adventure mode for the first time (awesome!) and remembered I should say thanks! At the time I wrote my question I didn't have the Wii yet so I didn't know it had genre categories built in to the shop. I've bought a few puzzlers now and after MDIII, my favorite might be... maybe Adventures of Lolo. But the honest-to-god NES Tetris would be king of my VC. I also hope, probably in vain, that the SNES Mario Picross will come to the US store. I have it on GB and DS and love it.

TTGlider

Lions_fan09

I have enough for one of these:

Zelda: A Link to the Past
Phantasy Star 4
Shining Force 2

Which one should I get and why?

Lions_fan09

DannyBoyTheDude

Lions_fan09 wrote:

Because it's the best Zelda game ever. Period. I'm sure someone else can provide a more detailed explanation.

Lions_fan09

DannyBoyTheDude wrote:

Lions_fan09 wrote:

Because it's the best Zelda game ever. Period. I'm sure someone else can provide a more detailed explanation.

Is the game reasonably long? Does it provide a challenge, or is it too easy?

Lions_fan09

CanisWolfred

I second the Legend of Zelda recommendation ONLY because you can get those other games for $3 each on Steam. And trust me, they play just fine with a Keyboard.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SKTTR

TTGlider wrote:

Just beat the Magical Drop III adventure mode for the first time (awesome!) and remembered I should say thanks! At the time I wrote my question I didn't have the Wii yet so I didn't know it had genre categories built in to the shop. I've bought a few puzzlers now and after MDIII, my favorite might be... maybe Adventures of Lolo. But the honest-to-god NES Tetris would be king of my VC. I also hope, probably in vain, that the SNES Mario Picross will come to the US store. I have it on GB and DS and love it.

Yes, I hope you get Mario's Super Picross on VC some time! If you already liked the other Picross games, then you will love this!

And Magical Drop III is really worth it? How much content is in there?
I've beaten two Adventures of Lolo games: the one on the Super Game Boy from 1995 was my first one. I downloaded Lolo 1 & 2 for NES. Have beaten the first one, will play the second one when I'm in the mood. It's the same as Lolo 1, with just different level layouts, music and the bit of story there is. I like this game. Lolo 2 gets very hard early on.
Have you tried LIT? I really liked the demo. It's a room-based top-down puzzle game like Lolo.

Do you know Pokémon Puzzle League or any Puzzle League/Tetris Attack game for that matter? If not, look into them!!

Lions_fan09 wrote:

"Is the game reasonably long? Does it provide a challenge, or is it too easy?"

Yes, it is reasonably long. Yes, it provides a challenge. No, it's not too easy.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Lions_fan09

Final Fantasy 2 (4) vs Phantasy Star 4. Which on you guys recommend? I'm leaning towards PS 4 but I'm open to all opinions.

Lions_fan09

CanisWolfred

Lions_fan09 wrote:

Final Fantasy 2 (4) vs Phantasy Star 4. Which on you guys recommend? I'm leaning towards PS 4 but I'm open to all opinions.

I prefer Final Fantasy 2, honestly. I thought it had a better story. Phantasy Star 4's story, on the other hand, isn't as good and is actually harder to appreciate if you haven't played 1, 2 and 3, even if it just adds some small bits of continuity. The gameplay in both have their strengths. Phantasy Star 4 is harder and adds an auto mode to make grinding easier. FF2 at least requires you to plan and pay attention with its ATB system, which adds a minor amount of real-time combat to the mix. They're both rediculously easy, though.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ELI-ASH

What RPG's in the VC would you guys say are the toughest??
I already own FF , Y'S 1 & 2 so not counting those.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

ELI-ASH

Thanks! Gonna defiantly check out Phantasy Star and if i can beat it, will check out the sequels after that.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Simon_Deku

Kirby super star. GET IT NOW OR DIE

Minecraft is almighty!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic