Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Showing 521 to 540 of 1,108

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

521. Posted:

pie4prez wrote:

Sup me homey dawgs!!

I have 500 points left and would like to buy an NES game. I'm wondering whether I should grab Blaster Master, Mega Man 2 or 3, a Castlevania game, Lolo or maybe even an arcade game.

I really like RPGs, Platformers and most other games. (I have all of the Marios but not much else)

P.S. I would definitely get Uforia if it weren't 100 points too many.

I'm hesitating to recommend you the Mega Mans since you could always get the Collection for a fraction of the price. But if you need condvicing, I guess Mega Man 2 would be the way to go. Otherwise I'd recommend Blaster Master so long as you're okay with limited continues. I'd also recommend you the Castlevanias, except they're nothing like Symphony of the Night.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Pastry

522. Posted:

Would you recommend Wario's Woods or Wrecking Crew?

Here is My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

523. Posted:

pie4prez wrote:

Would you recommend Wario's Woods or Wrecking Crew?

Hello, I like good games I never played before and in case of Wario's Woods and Wrecking Crew I was pleasantly surprised. Both games have great content. 100 stages and additional extras - for just 500pts.

Wario's Woods is a very good, unique action-puzzler. It's hard to recommend though. Either you love it, or it won't mean much to you.

Wrecking Crew is a solid puzzle-platformer with level select and a stage editor. Very good value for 500pts. But don't cheat - only use the level select to get to last stage you haven't beaten.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

Pastry

524. Posted:

After playing each for about an hour on vNES.com, I decided to grab drum-roll Wario's Woods. I never realized an NES game could be so great, it was very underrated.

Here is My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

HanuKwanzMasBif

525. Posted:

Virtual Console RPG please?
Preferably less than 8 bucks, but not necessarily.

The Mii for 1000 3DSs Project! Make a Mii Viral!
My Games
TMBG fan

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

526. Posted:

Ys Book 1 & 2
Breath of Fire 2
Phantasy Star 1
Phantasy Star 4
Secret of Mana
Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy II

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

HanuKwanzMasBif

527. Posted:

I downloaded Final Fantasy. It seems pretty cool, haven't gotten to play much yet.

The Mii for 1000 3DSs Project! Make a Mii Viral!
My Games
TMBG fan

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

528. Posted:

Jumbif wrote:

I downloaded Final Fantasy. It seems pretty cool, haven't gotten to play much yet.

Cool, hope you like it in the long run. It's a hard one, so it doesn't hurt to look up maps and stuff online.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

TTGlider

529. Posted:

to any fighting fans: I am a total fighting genre novice. I had SF IV for Xbox 360 and SF II Turbo Remix for Xbox 360 arcade. I liked both. Now I would like a one-on-one fighter for Virtual Console. I'm up for any system (other than N64), any price. If I could give one criteria it would be that I'd probably be better off with a slightly easier game as I have so little time with the genre. Thanks for any recommendations!

pie4prez wrote:

I decided to grab drum-roll Wario's Woods.

to pie4prez: funny coincidence as I just downloaded both! Wario's Woods is really colorful and I like the animation of Wario in the top right. But I found it took a while for the action to "heat up" and never really felt pressed until round 25 or so. Still worth $5 to me and I like the "trivia" of it being the last licensed NES game in the US. Wrecking Crew, on the other hand, I found testing my intellect (perhaps I shouldn't admit that!!) only 10 or 11 levels in. A neat brain teaser that is probably overlooked because of its first-generation NES graphics. That one is MORE than worth the $5... though I haven't figured out the level editor yet. But seriously... Wrecking Crew rocks.

TTGlider

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

530. Posted:

@TTGlider

Street Fighter Alpha 2

Fatal Fury Special
Samurai Shodown 1
Samurai Shodown 2
The King of Fighters '95

I also Highly suggest getting The King of Fighters '96 if it ever comes out. SNK's games are usually very hard, but KOF'96 is manageable.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

TTGlider

531. Posted:

^ Thanks for the guidance. I bought Samurai Shodown 2! I had to scale back the difficulty but I think this will grow on me. Nice backgrounds!

TTGlider

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

532. Posted:

TTGlider wrote:

^ Thanks for the guidance. I bought Samurai Shodown 2! I had to scale back the difficulty but I think this will grow on me. Nice backgrounds!

Good pick. It wasn't top of my list because it was so hard (even on the easiest difficulty the final boss is impossible), but otherwise it's a great game! So much fun, and a lot different from Street Fighter.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

TTGlider

533. Posted:

SKTTR wrote:

@TTGlider: ....

Just beat the Magical Drop III adventure mode for the first time (awesome!) and remembered I should say thanks! At the time I wrote my question I didn't have the Wii yet so I didn't know it had genre categories built in to the shop. :-D I've bought a few puzzlers now and after MDIII, my favorite might be... maybe Adventures of Lolo. But the honest-to-god NES Tetris would be king of my VC. I also hope, probably in vain, that the SNES Mario Picross will come to the US store. I have it on GB and DS and love it.

TTGlider

AuthorMessage

Lions_fan09

534. Posted:

I have enough for one of these:

Zelda: A Link to the Past
Phantasy Star 4
Shining Force 2

Which one should I get and why?

Lions_fan09

AuthorMessage

DannyBoyTheDude

535. Posted:

Lions_fan09 wrote:

Because it's the best Zelda game ever. Period. I'm sure someone else can provide a more detailed explanation.

Megaloggery

AuthorMessage

Lions_fan09

536. Posted:

DannyBoyTheDude wrote:

Lions_fan09 wrote:

Because it's the best Zelda game ever. Period. I'm sure someone else can provide a more detailed explanation.

Is the game reasonably long? Does it provide a challenge, or is it too easy?

Lions_fan09

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

537. Posted:

I second the Legend of Zelda recommendation ONLY because you can get those other games for $3 each on Steam. And trust me, they play just fine with a Keyboard.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

538. Posted:

TTGlider wrote:

Just beat the Magical Drop III adventure mode for the first time (awesome!) and remembered I should say thanks! At the time I wrote my question I didn't have the Wii yet so I didn't know it had genre categories built in to the shop. :-D I've bought a few puzzlers now and after MDIII, my favorite might be... maybe Adventures of Lolo. But the honest-to-god NES Tetris would be king of my VC. I also hope, probably in vain, that the SNES Mario Picross will come to the US store. I have it on GB and DS and love it.

Yes, I hope you get Mario's Super Picross on VC some time! If you already liked the other Picross games, then you will love this!

And Magical Drop III is really worth it? How much content is in there?
I've beaten two Adventures of Lolo games: the one on the Super Game Boy from 1995 was my first one. I downloaded Lolo 1 & 2 for NES. Have beaten the first one, will play the second one when I'm in the mood. It's the same as Lolo 1, with just different level layouts, music and the bit of story there is. I like this game. Lolo 2 gets very hard early on.
Have you tried LIT? I really liked the demo. It's a room-based top-down puzzle game like Lolo.

Do you know Pokémon Puzzle League or any Puzzle League/Tetris Attack game for that matter? If not, look into them!!

Lions_fan09 wrote:

"Is the game reasonably long? Does it provide a challenge, or is it too easy?"

Yes, it is reasonably long. Yes, it provides a challenge. No, it's not too easy.

Edited on by SKTTR

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

Lions_fan09

539. Posted:

Final Fantasy 2 (4) vs Phantasy Star 4. Which on you guys recommend? I'm leaning towards PS 4 but I'm open to all opinions.

Lions_fan09

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

540. Posted:

Lions_fan09 wrote:

Final Fantasy 2 (4) vs Phantasy Star 4. Which on you guys recommend? I'm leaning towards PS 4 but I'm open to all opinions.

I prefer Final Fantasy 2, honestly. I thought it had a better story. Phantasy Star 4's story, on the other hand, isn't as good and is actually harder to appreciate if you haven't played 1, 2 and 3, even if it just adds some small bits of continuity. The gameplay in both have their strengths. Phantasy Star 4 is harder and adds an auto mode to make grinding easier. FF2 at least requires you to plan and pay attention with its ATB system, which adds a minor amount of real-time combat to the mix. They're both rediculously easy, though.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~