Forums

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Posts 421 to 440 of 1,082

cheetahman91

@badmouthsadmouth: I would recommend Blaster Master since you like the Metroids and Cave Story. As for the remaining 500 points, I would recommend Alex Kidd In Miracle World. It's a prettg good platformer.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

outrun2sp

Gradius 2 on PC Engine

F Zero GX fan forever

seed

I want to get a good and nor very expensive Pinball game. Which one is better Alien Crush or Devil Crush? Is ALien Crush Returns worthy? thanks

Wii Friend Code: 8565 6330 4313 6069
Mario kart FC: 1033 - 1932 - 9476
TV show King 2 FC: 3824 9774 9849

CanisWolfred

Jumbif wrote:

I've been thinkin' about getting the Legend of Zelda (first one). I only have 500 Wii points. I already have
Mega Man
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario Bros.
in NES games. I thought I had more than that... NVM. Anyway, can you good people help?

The Legend of Zelda's a good, classic game. Just make sure to keep your eye out for bombable spots, kill all but 1 enemy in any area, and take plenty of notes, because this is not a game that holds your hand.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Ogre Battle 64 is great. Have not played all the games you listed. Well just haven't played DC and NAI, but OB 64 is amazing. So much depth and lots of replay value because you can take different paths, which means different story and endings.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

CanisWolfred

vonseux wrote:

ive never understoode how Ogre Batle works, hahah

You place a flag, which is assigned to a group, at an area, and then that group will go to it. If they find anything on the way, they'll let you know. If they run into an enemy, they'll fight them. If they win, they'll continue, if they lose, they'll get knocked back. If the leader dies, they'll go all the way back to base to heal (if a member dies you can send them to a church to revive him). The goal is to fullfill the given objective, which may be to take over a certain number of areas, to kill a boss, or get to somewhere without everyone dying. You lose if everyone is dead, or if you run out of money to heal and pay your soldiers, or if your main base is taken over.

It's like being a commander in a war game: You give they orders, and they'll fullfill it to the best of their abilities.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kaw270

I want a 500 nes game to go along with sonic 4, the 2 I've been thinking of are castlevania III, the legend of zelda, or blaster master, I already have castlevania 1 and the only zelda game I have is wind waker, also is there any other metroidvania games that I should be aware of

Gamesake

@kaw270 Well Castlevania 2:Simon's Quest is as close to metroidvania as you can get on the NES except for Metroid of course.

...in my pants.

SKTTR

@kaw270: zelda.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Ok, I'm really considering getting four games now. I'll be getting Kid Icarus, Ice Climber, Mega Man, and Metroid. Should I avoid any of them?

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

CanisWolfred

StarFox wrote:

Ok, I'm really considering getting four games now. I'll be getting Kid Icarus, Ice Climber, Mega Man, and Metroid. Should I avoid any of them?

How high are your patience levels, and how skilled are you at platforming? If any of them are low, I suggest you avoid all of them. Those are some pretty hardcore games, emphasis on the hard. Better keep some spare controllers handy.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

lockelocke

get mega man 2 instead of mega man, if u don't already have it

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

Kingbuilder

I have 800 points to get my first shoot 'em up on VC. I was thinking of getting MUSHA, but it's not the best according to the forum. Any suggestions on a really good one that I need?

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

I've reconsidered the VC games.

Mega Man- I'll wait until Mega Man 6.
Kid Icarus- I'll just get the 3DS game. I'm biased toward modern anyway.
Metroid- I don't know what I'll get.
Ice Climber- meh. Doesn't look that great anyway

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

CanisWolfred

Kingbuilder wrote:

I have 800 points to get my first shoot 'em up on VC. I was thinking of getting MUSHA, but it's not the best according to the forum. Any suggestions on a really good one that I need?

MUSHA is a really good game that you need. Like I mentioned before, not many people here even played it, so they don't know how good it is. However, it's not a good Shmup to start out with, as it's extremely difficult. I also wouldn't recommend starting out with Soldier Blade either, actually. I'd recommend Star Parodier because it's difficulty curve eases you into the game more, and doesn't become all that challenging until you're about halfway through. Other good ones are Lords of Thunder and Gley Lancer. Lords of Thunder is more unique for the genre, and offers a shop and a Mega Man-style level selection screen, as well as the ability to choose your weapon sets. Choose the right stages and the right weapon for each stage, and keep your stock of shop items up, and you'll be sailing. Gley Lancer I mostly mentioned because it has adjustable difficulties, but it is a great game in and of itself, and like Star Parodier, it has a better difficulty curve that eases you into the game, especially on easy mode.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

lockelocke

Mickeymac wrote:

Kingbuilder wrote:

()MUSHA is a really good game that you need. Like I mentioned before, not many people here even played it, so they don't know how good it is. However, it's not a good Shmup to start out with, as it's extremely difficult. I also wouldn't recommend starting out with Soldier Blade either, actually. I'd recommend Star Parodier because it's difficulty curve eases you into the game more, and doesn't become all that challenging until you're about halfway through. Other good ones are Lords of Thunder and Gley Lancer. Lords of Thunder is more unique for the genre, and offers a shop and a Mega Man-style level selection screen, as well as the ability to choose your weapon sets. Choose the right stages and the right weapon for each stage, and keep your stock of shop items up, and you'll be sailing. Gley Lancer I mostly mentioned because it has adjustable difficulties, but it is a great game in and of itself, and like Star Parodier, it has a better difficulty curve that eases you into the game, especially on easy mode.() Buy Soldier Blade!

fixed

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

StarBoy91

@Kingbuilder - if you had 100 more Wii Points, then I would've recommended Star Parodier. It's a really fantastic cute'em up with really colorful and easy visuals for the eyes, a really fun and catchy soundtrack, the most responsive controls yet seen in the genre (that I've experienced), and great replay value (depending on which difficulty setting you choose to play, the ending will be different and the stages will have more going on). You could choose to play between Paro-Ceasar, Bomberman, or the anthropomorphic version of the console PC-Engine (my fave character in the game). Each character has their own different power-ups and special attacks (if you see a rotund shape with Japanese lettering, avoid it at all costs, otherwise it will drain your power-up by one; collect as many hearts as you can, that way if you lost a life you can start at the exact spot that you had lost it in instead of starting over at a checkpoint). The game's eight stages are really fun to play, and the bosses are awesome as well; plus, the game is cute. There are also a couple of practice modes called "2 Minute Stage" and "5 Minute Stage". But, alas, you only have 800 Wii Points.

I guess I could recommend Gate of Thunder or LifeForce, both fun shmups. The former is only horizontal, while the latter has stages that are both horizontal and vertical. Both have awesome soundtracks with good gameplay.

To each their own

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic