Forums

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Posts 41 to 60 of 1,116

CanisWolfred

Okay, I've narrowed it down to:

  • Life Force
  • Ninja Gaiden 2
  • Zanac
  • Ghosts 'n' Goblins
  • Phantasy Star
  • Either Solomon's Key, Lolo, Monster Land, or I save it

All I need is one more, and I can finally do a dice roll.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Roo

500 points? From that list, I'd say Solomon's Key on VC Arcade. Very nice.

http://backloggery.com/rossdp

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Anyone played Devil's Crush here? I am considering it because I like pinball games. I have Alien Crush returns on Wiiware, but it seems kinda lacking for a pinball game. Is Devil's Crush better?

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

CanisWolfred

Vaynard wrote:

Anyone played Devil's Crush here? I am considering it because I like pinball games. I have Alien Crush returns on Wiiware, but it seems kinda lacking for a pinball game. Is Devil's Crush better?

Devil's Crush is fantasic, IMO. One of my personal favorite Pinball games. I've yet to play Alien Crush Returns, so I can't really compare the two, but if you like Pinball games, you'll probably like Devil's Crush.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

vince220

What are your thoughts on buying Super Mario World without a Classic Controller? I know it's playable with a GameCube Controller, but is it practical? More improtantly, is it enjoyable with a GameCube Controller? From what I've read, the awkward button layout of the GameCube Controller doesn't work well with SNES games.

Edited on by vince220

This is a Kid Icarus Wiki I created in late October. It has developed a lot in that time, but it still has a lot of room to grow. Any help you could provide (e.g. fixing typos) would be greatly appreciated!

Digiki

SNES games with the GC controller are managable. It's worth a buy, it'll just be harder than it should be for a while, until you get used to it.

It's not like the controls are terrible, it's just that the two main buttons, B and Y, are little farther apart than preferred.

vince220

Is using a GameCube Controller awkward enough to warrant purchasing a Classic Controller if Super Mario World will be my only time using it?

This is a Kid Icarus Wiki I created in late October. It has developed a lot in that time, but it still has a lot of room to grow. Any help you could provide (e.g. fixing typos) would be greatly appreciated!

Digiki

I wouldn't buy a CC just for SMW, although a CC is a worthwhile investment.

I'd recommend you buy some more SNES games, and get a CC, since there really are quite a few excellent ones that the CC is great for.

vince220

Thanks fot the advice Digiki.

This is a Kid Icarus Wiki I created in late October. It has developed a lot in that time, but it still has a lot of room to grow. Any help you could provide (e.g. fixing typos) would be greatly appreciated!

SKTTR

Dragoon wrote:

After I get Mega Man 10 should I get Super Metroid or Sonic 2?

SUPER METROID

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Bassman_Q

SKTTR wrote:

Dragoon wrote:

After I get Mega Man 10 should I get Super Metroid or Sonic 2?

SUPER METROID

I second that. Its one of those games thats fun to play again and again.

Currently obsessed with my new PS3 in 2015...

Wii Friend Code (Showcase): 5828 1840 9740 9987
WarioWare DIY FC: 3309 7315 6534
Goldeneye 007 (Wii): 0457 2025 5629

Flipnote Hatena (Haven't been on in over 2 years, btw!)
DIY Wikihouse Page
The Qwikloggery

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

Kid_A

I'm really looking forward to Sin & Punishment 2, but I haven't played the first one. I've heard it's a lot like StarFox 64, which I like a lot, but the controls are very confusing. It's also more expensive than most VC N64 games. Is it worth it?

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Kid_A

Qwikman wrote:

SKTTR wrote:

Dragoon wrote:

After I get Mega Man 10 should I get Super Metroid or Sonic 2?

SUPER METROID

I second that. Its one of those games thats fun to play again and again.

thirded

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

CanisWolfred

Kid_A wrote:

I'm really looking forward to Sin & Punishment 2, but I haven't played the first one. I've heard it's a lot like StarFox 64, which I like a lot, but the controls are very confusing. It's also more expensive than most VC N64 games. Is it worth it?

Yes. Trust me, you'll get used to the controls, so long as you use the Training mode beforehand. Also, just thought I'd mention that the game is incredibly different when you up the difficulty, so there is an incentive to play on all 3 difficulties. It's also more fun on the harder difficulties, IMO.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

pistonsfan1

Hey guys. I have 600 wii points left do you guys know any good games I should get.

I have these games that are 600 or less

Double Dribble
Bonks adventure
Legend of Zelda
Mario Bros 1 2 &3 (and lost levels)
Double Dragon
Kirby adventure
Punch-out
Zelda 2 adventure of link

So the only ones I have in mind are Blaster Master and StarTropics but I haven`t played either (I grew up during the ps1 n64 era) which of the two do you think I should get, if there are better ones let me know.

PS. My question mark key isnt working for some reason so thats why there are no question marks (when I try I get this É :S)

pistonsfan1

vince220

pistonsfan1 wrote:

Hey guys. I have 600 wii points left do you guys know any good games I should get.

I have these games that are 600 or less

Double Dribble
Bonks adventure
Legend of Zelda
Mario Bros 1 2 &3 (and lost levels)
Double Dragon
Kirby adventure
Punch-out
Zelda 2 adventure of link

So the only ones I have in mind are Blaster Master and StarTropics but I haven`t played either (I grew up during the ps1 n64 era) which of the two do you think I should get, if there are better ones let me know.

PS. My question mark key isnt working for some reason so thats why there are no question marks (when I try I get this É :S)

You may want to consider getting Metroid for the NES.

This is a Kid Icarus Wiki I created in late October. It has developed a lot in that time, but it still has a lot of room to grow. Any help you could provide (e.g. fixing typos) would be greatly appreciated!

pistonsfan1

Thanks Vince 220, just a question for people that have played it. Is splatterhouse for Turbografx any good?

pistonsfan1

CanisWolfred

pistonsfan1 wrote:

Hey guys. I have 600 wii points left do you guys know any good games I should get.

I have these games that are 600 or less

Double Dribble
Bonks adventure
Legend of Zelda
Mario Bros 1 2 &3 (and lost levels)
Double Dragon
Kirby adventure
Punch-out
Zelda 2 adventure of link

So the only ones I have in mind are Blaster Master and StarTropics but I haven`t played either (I grew up during the ps1 n64 era) which of the two do you think I should get, if there are better ones let me know.

PS. My question mark key isnt working for some reason so thats why there are no question marks (when I try I get this É :S)

Do you have Nuetopia? If you have an interest in Zelda-style games, I'd recommend that over the first two adventures.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic