Forums

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Posts 381 to 400 of 1,082

MetalMario

@irken004: Your collection reminds me of mine, mostly Nintendo with some third party on the side.

How about Super Star Wars? It's a nice tough game.

Edited on by MetalMario

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

JohnWalrus

StuffyStuff wrote:

I have a question. I'm looking for a game with some longevity to it. I've never been a real big RPG fan. I have StarTropics but I got bored with that quickly. I know about the Zelda games and have considered LttP. I'm looking for a good 16-bit game. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Secret of Mana. It's fairly long, and it's and action-RPG, like Zelda.

"I will destroy everything! I will create a monument to non-existence!"~Kefka Palazzo (FFVI)
Backloggery

irken004

MetalMario wrote:

@irken004: Your collection reminds me of mine, mostly Nintendo with some third party on the side.

How about Super Star Wars? It's a nice tough game.

I don't want something THAT tough D: I did think about getting Indy's Greatest Adventures though.

Uncle_Rick

Okay, I"m looking at getting 2 games. I already have most of the "big" SNES games, but I was looking at getting:

• Kirby Super Star
  • Wild Guns
  • Secret of Mana
  • Contra III

I'm mostly going to be playing these games 1-player--like 90% of the time. I'm ALSO considering getting Ys book 1&2 on the TG16.

So, like I said, I'm looking at getting 2. Right now, I'm leaning towards getting KSS, but I'm not too sure about the others. I'm thinking either SoM or Ys. What do you think?

Push the button, Frank.

mecoy

Y's secret of mana is awful and usually over hyped and rated

mecoy

JohnWalrus

Uncle_Rick wrote:

Okay, I"m looking at getting 2 games. I already have most of the "big" SNES games, but I was looking at getting:

• Kirby Super Star
  • Wild Guns
  • Secret of Mana
  • Contra III

I'm mostly going to be playing these games 1-player--like 90% of the time. I'm ALSO considering getting Ys book 1&2 on the TG16.

So, like I said, I'm looking at getting 2. Right now, I'm leaning towards getting KSS, but I'm not too sure about the others. I'm thinking either SoM or Ys. What do you think?

I'd go with Secret of Mana. Even though it is a little overrated, it's still fantastic.

"I will destroy everything! I will create a monument to non-existence!"~Kefka Palazzo (FFVI)
Backloggery

CanisWolfred

Uncle_Rick wrote:

• Kirby Super Star
  • Wild Guns
  • Secret of Mana
  • Contra III

Wild Guns and Contra III are what I'd recommend.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TwilightV

Uncle_Rick wrote:

• Kirby Super Star
  • Wild Guns
  • Secret of Mana
  • Contra III

I'm gonna say Wild Guns and Ys. Kirby next time you get points.

TwilightV

NotEnoughGolds

Ys Book I & II and something else.
Haven't played the rest (though I do have KSS and SoM), but I definitely recommend Ys.

NotEnoughGolds

CanisWolfred

TheLonelyGamer wrote:

I feel like downloading a VC game, I was thinking either DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure, or Detana!! Twin Bee, which one would you recommend?

Depends on what mood you're in. They're both very good, albiet very easy games for their genre, with cutsy exteriers. Really the only question is: What do you want more, a platformer or a shooter?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

StarBoy91

@LonelyBuddy - I'd say go with DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure. Really brilliant 2D platformer, and my second favorite video game of all time.

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

TheLonelyGamer

Mickeymac wrote:

TheLonelyGamer wrote:

I feel like downloading a VC game, I was thinking either DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure, or Detana!! Twin Bee, which one would you recommend?

Depends on what mood you're in. They're both very good, albiet very easy games for their genre, with cutsy exteriers. Really the only question is: What do you want more, a platformer or a shooter?

I'm more of a platforming fan, DoReMi looks great, after seeing all the positive reviews. Though sometimes I can get in a shooter mood.

CanisWolfred

TheLonelyGamer wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

TheLonelyGamer wrote:

Then I say go with DoReMi Fantasy, since that's what you;ll want to play right now. You can always get Twinbee later.

I'm more of a platforming fan, DoReMi looks great, after seeing all the positive reviews. Though sometimes I can get in a shooter mood.

Then I say go with DoReMi Fantasy, since that's what you'll want to play right now. You can always get Twinbee later.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

irken004

Mickeymac wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Well now that I have some points to spare, I'm willing to buy a VC game or two. I have 2200 points, but I'd like to only buy one or two games.

I'm looking for a good, but fairly casual game that I could play through without too much difficulty. Anything with robots or mechs would be great Nothing turn-based or strategy based plz.

Here's a list of VC games I have already:
Donkey Kong
Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros.
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
Metroid
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
Super Mario Bros. 3
Mega Man 1-4
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Star Fox 64
F-Zero X
Sin & Punishment
Pokémon Snap
1080° Snowboarding
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Super Smash Bros.
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic 3D Blast
Pulseman

Cybernator.

Well, I went ahead and bought it. I haven't made it past the 2nd mission yet but it is quite nice for what it is (it's TOUGH though!)

CanisWolfred

irken004 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Cybernator.

Well, I went ahead and bought it. I haven't made it past the 2nd mission yet but it is quite nice for what it is (it's TOUGH though!)

I thought you'd like it. And don't worry, a lot of the challenge is in the controls, at least at the beginning. Once you get used to it, you'll be sailing.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

JohnWalrus

TheLonelyGamer wrote:

I don't have Detana!! Twin Bee, but I can reassure you on your future purchase of DoReMi Fantasy. It is by far one of the cutest, craziest, imaginative game out there. It's pretty easy, but some of the bosses provide fair challenge.

Backloggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic