Forums

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Posts 361 to 380 of 1,082

Hokori

I love the Rawst Forest Remix
Booster I scary Like a Scarier Version than that HD Wario I saw which is saying a lot.
also Geno's there and he really needs to come back
A cameo in Kingdom Hearts 3 as part of a toy Story Part would be great seens how genos a toy and all

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

ToastyYogurt

Oh, so it's a more Final Fantasy-ish game? I do have Final Fantasy Legends and FFL II for the GameBoy, and I kind of like those, so I guess this will be worth checking out.

Edited on by ToastyYogurt

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

CanisWolfred

Destroyer360 wrote:

Oh, so it's a more Final Fantasy-ish game? I do have Final Fantasy Legends and FFL II for the GameBoy, and I kind of like those, so I guess this will be worth checking out.

You do realize Final Fantasy Legends isn't a Final Fantasy game, right? They're actually a completely different series called SaGa that has nothing even remotely in common with the real Final Fantasy Series?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ToastyYogurt

Mickeymac wrote:

Destroyer360 wrote:

You do realize Final Fantasy Legends isn't a Final Fantasy game, right? They're actually a completely different series called SaGa that has nothing even remotely in common with the real Final Fantasy Series?

Whoops, wrong title. I was talking about the other FF game on GB. Final Fantasy Adventure, isn't it? At least, I'm talking about the turn-based RPG one.

I bought SMRPG today, and it's okay so far. The beginning does scream "Read the Manual, Sucka!" when you get into a battle; it takes a little time to understand the face button control scheme. When you select something by accident, your first reaction is to press B, but pushing B changes the menu to etc. I haven't played it much yet, though; this is just my first impressions.

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

CanisWolfred

Destroyer360 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Destroyer360 wrote:

Whoops, wrong title. I was talking about the other FF game on GB. Final Fantasy Adventure, isn't it? At least, I'm talking about the turn-based RPG one.

I bought SMRPG today, and it's okay so far. The beginning does scream "Read the Manual, Sucka!" when you get into a battle; it takes a little time to understand the face button control scheme. When you select something by accident, your first reaction is to press B, but pushing B changes the menu to etc. I haven't played it much yet, though; this is just my first impressions.

All of the GB/C Final Fantasy games weren't really Final Fantasy games. Just saying. Anywho, hope you like it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Lotice-Paladin

I'm stuck on SMRPG...that cliff that is supposed to have koopas so you can jump on them aren't there!

May need to re-play to memorise what happened.

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

StuffyStuff

I have a question. I'm looking for a game with some longevity to it. I've never been a real big RPG fan. I have StarTropics but I got bored with that quickly. I know about the Zelda games and have considered LttP. I'm looking for a good 16-bit game. Any suggestions? Thanks.

StuffyStuff

mecoy

final fantasy 4

mecoy

JohnWalrus

Can anyone recommend my next RPG pick? I already have: Paper Mario, SMRPG, Phantasy Star 1, 2, and 4, Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy 4, Final Fantasy 4: The After Years, Secret of Mana, StarTropics, and I'd rather not get another Zelda game (I have almost all of them on different consoles).

"I will destroy everything! I will create a monument to non-existence!"~Kefka Palazzo (FFVI)
Backloggery

CanisWolfred

JohnWalrus wrote:

Can anyone recommend my next RPG pick? I already have: Paper Mario, SMRPG, Phantasy Star 1, 2, and 4, Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy 4, Final Fantasy 4: The After Years, Secret of Mana, StarTropics, and I'd rather not get another Zelda game (I have almost all of them on different consoles).

Either Breath of Fire 2 or Ys Books 1 and 2. That's all that's left, actually, though both of them are good.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Adamant

...well, Ys is good, at least.

Adamant

CanisWolfred

Adamant wrote:

...well, Ys is good, at least.

As is Breath of Fire 2. Hopefully One of these days you'll learn the difference between a bad game and a good game that you don't like.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

StarBoy91

Breath of Fire II: The Fated Child isn't exactly my favorite RPG, but it's okay. I do admit it's got some moments of tedium. The original Breath of Fire: The Dragon Warrior had barely any tedious moments.
Ys Book I & II, however, is really great. Enemy pushing ftw! The rock soundtrack from Yuzo Koshiro is awesome. It's also got Jim Cummings (really great cartoon voice actor) as a voice actor (he voiced as the wizard Dalles).
To each his own.
@MickeyMouse - it's his opinion.

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

cheetahman91

JohnWalrus wrote:

Shining Force.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Lotice-Paladin

NintyFan wrote:

Relevant+Latty wrote:

I'm stuck on SMRPG...that cliff that is supposed to have koopas so you can jump on them aren't there!

May need to re-play to memorise what happened.

I don't think you go there yet until you go through Belome's Temple and enter Monstro Town for the first time to meet with Monstro Mama. That's when the koopas will appear and then you leave Monstro Town to go through the road again and get to the wall where they meet you.

Ah I see. Thanks for the info. XD

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

irken004

Well now that I have some points to spare, I'm willing to buy a VC game or two. I have 2200 points, but I'd like to only buy one or two games.

I'm looking for a good, but fairly casual game that I could play through without too much difficulty. Anything with robots or mechs would be great Nothing turn-based or strategy based plz.

Here's a list of VC games I have already:
Donkey Kong
Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros.
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
Metroid
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
Super Mario Bros. 3
Mega Man 1-4
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Star Fox 64
F-Zero X
Sin & Punishment
Pokémon Snap
1080° Snowboarding
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Super Smash Bros.
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic 3D Blast
Pulseman

CanisWolfred

irken004 wrote:

Well now that I have some points to spare, I'm willing to buy a VC game or two. I have 2200 points, but I'd like to only buy one or two games.

I'm looking for a good, but fairly casual game that I could play through without too much difficulty. Anything with robots or mechs would be great Nothing turn-based or strategy based plz.

Donkey Kong
Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros.
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
Metroid
Super Mario Bros. 3
Mega Man 1-4
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Star Fox 64
F-Zero X
Sin & Punishment
Pokémon Snap
1080° Snowboarding
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Super Smash Bros.
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic 3D Blast
Pulseman

Cybernator.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

manleycartoonist

irken004 wrote:

Donkey Kong
Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros.
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
Metroid
Super Mario Bros. 3
Mega Man 1-4
Super Mario World
Super Metroid