Forums

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Posts 181 to 200 of 1,082

NotEnoughGolds

As is Ys Book I & II, for 800 points.

NotEnoughGolds

Adamant

Secret of Mana is only good in multiplayer, and BoF2 is ass. Go for FF1, FF4 or any of the Phantasy Star games not named PS3. (and no, FF1 does not require any grinding, and PS1 only requires grinding for a bit at the very beginning, and you're done with it before the tediousness starts kicking in)

I would steer clear of Star Force if you don't have any nostalgic attachment towards it, really. It's the most outdated game on the entire VC, and offers absolutely nothing other games don't do much better. Go for Star Parodier or Life Force if you want a low-difficulty shmup.

Edited on by Adamant

Adamant

wiiplayer26

I'm looking in to downloading PS1, But I don't want to blow my last wii points till June on a dud. How long does the grinding at the beginning take?

Edited on by wiiplayer26

[19:46] wiiplayer26 joined the conversation
[19:47] PhoenixSage: It is teh twenty-sixth wii player. Howdy

"Defend the Underatted, when you know they have nothing wrong with them" Thats my motto.

My official theme song can be found in this video.

http://www.yout...

Adamant

Been a while since I played it, but not really very long. It's mostly "grinding for money to buy a good weapon", so you'll definitely know when you're done.

Adamant

wiiplayer26

That sounds great, but what are the downfalls of this game?

Edited on by wiiplayer26

"Defend the Underatted, when you know they have nothing wrong with them" Thats my motto.

wiiplayer26

I solved my problem of which Tecmo Bowl Version I should get and I settled for the VCA version. I still want to know what the downfalls of Phantasy Star 1 are though.

Edited on by wiiplayer26

Adamant

Downfalls? Not many I can think off, apart from a somewhat annoying lack of ingame item descriptions, so you'll have to look them up in the manual. Much less of a hassle on the VC, though, since the manual is a button click away.
Not much otherwise. It's probably the best 8-bit RPG there is.

Adamant

wiiplayer26

I have not heard anything to prevent me from buying this game. Thanks for the info Adamant.

Edited on by wiiplayer26

Chucko

500 points. Suggestions?

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, would you kindly?

CanisWolfred

Chucko wrote:

500 points. Suggestions?

I suggest you actually give us some solid info, like what you already have, what kinda games you like, what you're currently interested in, etc. Because if someone, say, decides to just recommend you all of the NES shmups, but you don't like shooters, or you already have them all, you're not gonna get anything out of it, and it's not gonna make your decision any easier. And if you're, like, just gonna grab the first thing someone mentions, be sure to mention that. In fact, I think people might be more inclined to post if all they had to do was say something at random.

It's usually best to be as specific as you possibly can, so you don't have to sit here going, "Anymore suggestions?", which, more often than not, people don't ever respond to. Plus, it might even help you make the decision yourself, since you already have it narrowed down. It works for me all the time. Heck, usually by the time I posted the question, I've already made a decision.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

turtlelink

heh heh, ok micky mac. Get Donkey Kong JR math! Well, guess you must know 3rd grade math!

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

CanisWolfred

turtlelink wrote:

heh heh, ok micky mac. Get Wrecking Crew!

I lied, thanks for playing. (And I already have DK Jr. Math)

But seriously people, you gotta try that more often: It really works! It's like a game, except you loss money every time you play! And who here doesn't like to play games?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

turtlelink

What VC game should i get?
I like:
Some shooters
platforming
Puzzles
RPGS
and i own:
Yoshi Story
SMB2 LL
SSB
OoT
Kirby 64

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

StarBoy91

@turtlelink - get Star Parodier and DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure. They are, imo, two of the best games ever made.

To each their own

CanisWolfred

turtlelink wrote:

I like:
Some shooters
platforming
Puzzles
RPGS
and i own:
Yoshi Story
SMB2 LL
SSB
OoT
Kirby 64

Do you have Star Fox 64 on a pre-existing N64 console? If not, get it. If so, and you loved it, get Sin & Punishment. It's way harder, but loads of fun, especially on the harder difficulties.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

StarBoy91

Star Parodier has the biggest replay value of any shmup I've yet played. Different endings to acquire through different difficulty settings and different characters to play with.

To each their own

cheetahman91

turtlelink wrote:

I like:
Some shooters
platforming
Puzzles
RPGS
and i own:
Yoshi Story
SMB2 LL
SSB
OoT
Kirby 64

Super Mario World

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic