Forums

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 1,082

CanisWolfred

Qwikman wrote:

I'm looking at ActRaiser and considering to buy that. I'm also considering Castlevania 3, as I've never played a Castlevania game before. Which one is less challenging and which one is more fun?

Get Actraiser, it's awesomesauce! It's both a fun sim game("fun" in a sense that even you could agree with), and an interesting and challenging action game.

Knowing you, I honestly believe you wouldn't have the patience for Castlevania 3. Seriously, that game IS cheap, and it IS unfair. It's still a fun, well-crafted game, but without the right amount of patience and skill, it'll be very difficult to appreciate it. Go ahead, get any other game in the series - I highly recommend them all - but for you, I think you'd be better off skipping CV3, especially as your first in the series.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

wiiplayer26 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

I don't see F-Zero X or Wave Race 64 on your list. Lets fix that shall we?

I'm getting quite sick of VC racing games (I have 3) I only have room for 1 more racing game on my 8 gig SD Card. Which one do you think i should get?

F-Zero X of course. Chances are it's nothing like the ones you've played, and it's top-notch and a blast the whole way through! Don't forget to try out the Deathrace mode, too.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

wiiplayer26

Thanks for the VC advice. You describe F-Zero X as a very satisfying and fun racing game. I'll be sure to pick it up as soon as I get my next points card.

But I'm debating if i should get Max & the Magic Marker or Mega Man 10 as my 4th WiiWare game .

Edited on by wiiplayer26

[19:46] wiiplayer26 joined the conversation
[19:47] PhoenixSage: It is teh twenty-sixth wii player. Howdy

"Defend the Underatted, when you know they have nothing wrong with them" Thats my motto.

My official theme song can be found in this video.

http://www.yout...

CanisWolfred

wiiplayer26 wrote:

Thanks for the VC advice. You describe F-Zero X as a very satisfying and fun racing game. I'll be sure to pick it up as soon as I get my next points card.

But I'm debating if i should get Max & the Magic Marker or Mega Man 10 as my 4th WiiWare game .

Yee.

Here's the demo for Max & the Magic Maker, if you need help deciding. Remember that platforming will be a bit easier with a controller, but drawing will be a smidge more difficult with the Wii remote.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

wiiplayer26

Thanks, Mickeymac.

I'm going to get Max & The Magic Marker. I'm going to get Mega Man 10 in early April (So I can play Bass!).

Thanks Again.

"Defend the Underatted, when you know they have nothing wrong with them" Thats my motto.

Bassman_Q

Mickeymac wrote:

Qwikman wrote:

I'm looking at ActRaiser and considering to buy that. I'm also considering Castlevania 3, as I've never played a Castlevania game before. Which one is less challenging and which one is more fun?

Get Actraiser, it's awesomesauce! It's both a fun sim game("fun" in a sense that even you could agree with), and an interesting and challenging action game.

Knowing you, I honestly believe you wouldn't have the patience for Castlevania 3. Seriously, that game IS cheap, and it IS unfair. It's still a fun, well-crafted game, but without the right amount of patience and skill, it'll be very difficult to appreciate it. Go ahead, get any other game in the series - I highly recommend them all - but for you, I think you'd be better off skipping CV3, especially as your first in the series.

OK thanx, Mickeymac. And yes I cannot stand cheap games or games with seemingly unfair difficulty levels (FFIV DS and Blaster Master cough). Will probably pick Actraiser up on my next Wii Points Card, along with (maybe) Rondo of Blood.

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

Kingbuilder

I have 500 points and am in the same dilemma as before.

Games I have or don't want:

• Blaster Master
  • Kirby's Adventure
  • Mega Man Series (Played 9 & 10 to death)
  • Super Mario Bros. Series
  • Legend of Zelda
  • Kid Icarus
  • StarTropics
  • Contra Series

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited on by Kingbuilder

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

Bassman_Q

Adventures of Lolo

Mega Man 2 is awesome even if you've played 9 and 10.

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

SKTTR
  • Wrecking Crew (NES)
  • Wario's Woods (NES)
  • Pinball (NES)
  • Wonder Boy (MS)
  • Wonder Boy II: Wonder Boy in Monster Land (MS)
  • Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap (MS)
  • Andrew Braybrook's Paradroid (C64)
  • Andrew Braybrook's Uridium (C64)

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

wiiplayer26

I have 2000 wii points left from downloading Max & The Magic Marker and F-Zero X and I want to know what good games should i spend the rest of my points on.

All help will be appreciated.

Edited on by wiiplayer26

luke17

-Adventures of Lolo is a great puzzler. I've played through it twice already. (500 pts)
-Excitebike (500 pts)
-Sonic 2 (Master System) 500 pts
-Castlevania III (500 pts)
-Punch Out (500 pts)

luke17

wiiplayer26

I'm also think about getting Tecmo Bowl. But I don't know which version I should get.

Edited on by wiiplayer26

NotEnoughGolds

Get the NES version. Or wait for Tecmo Super Bowl (why is that not on the service yet?). probably licensing issues I suppose

In the meantime you should just get Ys Book I & II if you haven't already.

NotEnoughGolds

wiiplayer26

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

Get the NES version.

Why the NES version?

Edited on by wiiplayer26

NotEnoughGolds

Well, you could take a look at the reviews here.
The arcade version looks better but is more simplistic. You don't get to choose your play - you simply hike the ball then decide whether you want to pass or run.
The NES version doesn't look as good but has 4 offensive and 4 defensive plays you can choose from.

On NintendoLife, VCA Tecmo Bowl received a 6/10, while the NES Tecmo Bowl received a 7/10.

NotEnoughGolds

wiiplayer26

Dragoon wrote:

Getting a Genesis game. I'm thinking about Earthworm Jim. What other games are good?

Do you only want a genesis game?

wiiplayer26

@NotEnoughGolds

I think i'm going to get the VCA version because of its simplistic gameplay.

Edited on by wiiplayer26

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic