Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Showing 1,101 to 1,108 of 1,108

AuthorMessage

hellje

1,101. Posted:

After posting this in the latest acquisition thread I thought I should move it here.

These are the last few I got:
Paper Mario
Super Mario 64
Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber
Secret of Mana

I'm adding these to Super Metroid, Mega Man 2 & 3, SMB3, Super Mario World, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, StarFox64 (Lylat Wars), Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy III, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars and Kirby's Adventure.

Thinking about getting a few more like Gunstar Heroes, Kirby Fun Pak (Super Star), ActRasier and maybe Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen (I'm being told it's unbearably slow so I'm not so sure) but after that it's going to be difficult to choose. I don't wanna spend too much money. Maybe 3 or 4 more. I missed almost everything after NES up until Wii and now I'm catching up so I'm not riding the nostalgia wave and I just want to play the good games that hold up to the test of time and are fun to play even today. Do you have any recommendations for me?

Edited on by hellje

If you need me I'll be in the chamber of understanding.

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

1,102. Posted:

Ogre Battle from SNES is more of tactic exploration, i was confused in the first level but in second level i understood the mechanics. It is easy, you put soldiers to walk throught a map to an objective, and there are hidden zones where you can fin new recluits or even hidden cities. It is all, the strategy becomes were you send your soldieres to keep them survive.

And i know the original SNES games was launched in very minimal quantities so it is very hard to find and it is extremely expensive. So it is better to get it in the VC while it is available. It is fun, i give it a 8/10.

Wii U: edi_tena (please tell me you are from NintendoLife)
Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

AuthorMessage

alex167

1,103. Posted:

Hi guys, i have 800 wiipoints left on my wii shop channel and i don´t know which game i should download. I've been thinking about downloading one of these games:
Chrono Trigger
Breath of Fire 2
Adventure Island The Beginning (wiiware)

I'd like to know your opinion about those games or if you can recommend me another 800 wiipoints game, thanks.

FRIEND CODES:

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,104. Posted:

Well if you haven't played Chrono Trigger then I highly recommend that one. It is arguably one of the best if not the best RPG the SNES has to offer. Plus there are a bunch of different endings to get as well which adds to the replayability factor.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

1,105. Posted:

@alex167
Chrono Trigger, no contest. Best game ever.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,106. Posted:

Almost forgot its the day of the year I gotta bang out those Club Nintendo responses.
I guess I might as well get Mario Party 2 if I can't find something better to spend my coins on.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Dinosaurs

1,107. Posted:

I am recommending Ufouria for Wii U VC. Looks kinda crappy on the telly but is nice on the gamepad. Fun exploration and bad guys.

Dinosaurs

AuthorMessage

immadashell

1,108. Posted:

gun nac is great but not on vc. get metal marines

immadashell