Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Showing 1,081 to 1,100 of 1,107

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,081. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

What is the best Street Fighter to get on VC?

Super Street Fighter II. It has it's own Turbo mode, more game modes, more characters, and more moves. Turbo only has unplayably fast gameplay as its sole advantage.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,082. Posted:

@CanisWolfred, that was the one I was planning on getting o: alright

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Zeldalover

1,083. Posted:

@Emaan Super Street Fighter II. I think it has more advantages than Turbo: Hyper Fighting, but that game was the one that granted it's popularity on the SNES back in the day.

Zeldalover

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

1,084. Posted:

SSFII Genesis version has online multiplayer.

Wii U: edi_tena (please tell me you are from NintendoLife)
Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

1,085. Posted:

As for Adventure Island, my favourite was the WiiWare version Adventure Island: The Beginning. It has blurry graphics, and the controls/leveldesign is hard in the beginning until you buy some moves like the double jump or the cliffhanger. That was the main draw to the game: Finding/collecting all 100 golden melons to buy all of the moves/equipment/extras in the shop to make your character better/tougher. It has around 20 stages, you can select from the island map, and autosave. There are achievements, costumes, minigames and some kind of 2p mode as well. I'd still get most of the Wonder Boy games before that though.

As for Street Fighter, it depends:
My favourite is Super Street Fighter II (SNES). Imo the best version of the game that is available on the VC. If you need online you can get slightly different MD version as well. But if you need it really fast and don't mind missing the four SSFII characters and stages you can also get Street Fighter II Turbo (SNES).

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

Samus06

1,086. Posted:

I'm down to my last 900 Wii points and I need help trying to decide which one of these three games I should get.
Gley Lancer
Pulseman
Doremi
I'm not looking for any particular type of game, I'm just trying to figure out which of these three games would be the best purchase. Doremi looks like a great platformer, but it looks a bit on the easy and short side. Is that correct and if so does Doremi have high replayability? Pulseman looks like a Mega Man type game, but with less action. I love Mega Man games, but Pulseman looks like it has a slower pace than Mega Man. Gley Lancer looks like a very solid shmup. I do have a ton of shmups and I could always go for more, but does Gley Lancer have enough to make it stand out? Any insight into these games would be appreciated.

Samus06

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

1,087. Posted:

I have the same question but maybe you can download each one each time you can do it. Im also interested in the same.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,088. Posted:

Samus06 wrote:

I'm down to my last 900 Wii points and I need help trying to decide which one of these three games I should get.
Gley Lancer
Pulseman
Doremi
I'm not looking for any particular type of game, I'm just trying to figure out which of these three games would be the best purchase. Doremi looks like a great platformer, but it looks a bit on the easy and short side. Is that correct and if so does Doremi have high replayability? Pulseman looks like a Mega Man type game, but with less action. I love Mega Man games, but Pulseman looks like it has a slower pace than Mega Man. Gley Lancer looks like a very solid shmup. I do have a ton of shmups and I could always go for more, but does Gley Lancer have enough to make it stand out? Any insight into these games would be appreciated.

I know it's been a month, but I'm tempted to grab those three as well. It's a hard question to be sure...all 3 games are fantastic.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,089. Posted:

On a more official note, I was thinking of buying Two of these 5 games:

Bomberman Hero
Ogre Battle 64
Iron Clad
Gley Lancer
Pulseman

Or should I just wait on the possibility of Garou and Blazing Star?

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Samus06

1,090. Posted:

I ended up getting Gley Lancer, Pulseman and Doremi. They all looked too good to pass up. I am also hoping the Wii VC gets Garou and Blazing Star as well as a handful of other Neo Geo games. I have not played Ogre Battle 64 or Ironclad, but I have played Bomberman Hero and I can say it is a pretty decent game. It's not at all close to the quality of top notch 3D adventure games like Mario 64 or Banjo Kazooie, but it is fun.

Samus06

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

1,091. Posted:

Ironclad is like R-Type with multiple rutes and great difficulty.

Ogre Battle 64 (i have the cartridge) is a great strategy game, in NL they give it a 10/10. And it has multiple endings.

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

1,092. Posted:

I would rather play Ironclad or Pulstar than Blazing Star. (Played it a fair bit on the Xperia Play.)

Or even Last Resort. (I have it on SNK Arcade Classics volume 1).

(Rather play Sonic Wings 2 or 3 though. Good level of difficulty vertical and not a bullet hell.)

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,093. Posted:

Time to dive into Double Dragon II: The Revenge :O
Untitled
I love, love loveee the Nes version of Double D and i thought it was finally about time i took on the sequel. Christmas 2010 was one of my favorite Christmas ever which included Double Dragon(Boy did i get my revenge on this one), Mega Man & Castlevania: Rondo of Blood as my Santa Tripod of gaming goodness. ;)

So, does DDII stack up or best the original? Once i finish II i think i'll just skip III and Score a cart of Super Double D on the SNES.

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

1,094. Posted:

@CountWavula
I haven't played the original, so I'm not sure how it compares. Stand alone though, though, I think it's quite the 8-Bit beat 'em up. Got it with my NES a few years back, and it's really a fine game :).

Official "rare download" assistant
Best YT show here!
Currently playing: Phantasy Star II, No More Heroes, Persona 2: IS, Ys 1
Recently beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,095. Posted:

@CountWavula: Double Dragon II is the one that introduced me to the Double Dragon series so I might be a bit bias but I think II is alot better the one especially if you have another player. Still bias aside it is still a solid NES beatem up.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Samus06

1,096. Posted:

I have 800 points left. Which game should I get, Pitfall the mayan adventure or Super Adventure Island 2?

Samus06

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,097. Posted:

8BitSamurai wrote:

@CountWavula
I haven't played the original, so I'm not sure how it compares. Stand alone though, though, I think it's quite the 8-Bit beat 'em up. Got it with my NES a few years back, and it's really a fine game :).

Well i've decided that i'm going to Fire up Gunstar Heroes(Which for some INsane reason escaped my fabtastic childhood) followed by Super Mario Galaxy 2 which i dipped into previously on and off, i didn't give it a fair shake because i was too distracted by the events taking place in Videoland, it's tough being the 8-bit King of NES Tekkidome. ;) Really though, i enjoyed it a lot more than the first galaxy based on what i played. It seems to capture more of the traditional mario spirit and i love how the stage selection has been giving the old school 'select on the fly' SMB3 treatment, rather than navigating that annoying hub world in the first.

THEN after that, i shall dip into Double Dragon II. I'll admit, i'm a little thrown off by it's so called easy difficulty. The NES original was no walk in the park, especially during the final stage(Random protruding 'no pattern' Wall pillars which practically kill you instantly!) and the final 2 bosses. :P I want that challenge....guess i'll have to play Double D III to get it, only x100. lol

Untitled

Oh, and what's after DDII you ask? That would be the unoboxing my Wii U. :D Honestly, i'm kind of glad i held out this long. I didn't need the Wii U day one, sure i may be going against NintenTradition here, but look at the fantastic selection of Wii U games we have now....Well, at least when it comes to Nintendo exclusives haha.

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,098. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@CountWavula: Double Dragon II is the one that introduced me to the Double Dragon series so I might be a bit bias but I think II is alot better the one especially if you have another player. Still bias aside it is still a solid NES beatem up.

I've got the same bias towards the NES original, plus playing it back in the arcades. LIke i've mentioned before, i'm a bit of a masochistic gamer, i crave a good challenge and word on the Sesame Street is that DDII: The Revenge is surprisingly easy in comparison to the first....Which is slightly turning me off...It's why I've chosen to fire up Gunstar Heroes for some challenging 2D bullet hell action to start off my groovy christmasy' gaming lineup, then Super Mario Galaxy 2 which i'm assuming offers a relatively luke warmish' moderate difficulty level if it's anything like the first(Ok, those purple coin based stages were pure hell i'll admit!) and easing my way into the....well, easy & 8-bit sleezy Double Dragon II. :P

Then it's Wii U time. I've put Zelda ALTTP on hold for January. :*

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,099. Posted:

unrandomsam wrote:

I would rather play Ironclad or Pulstar than Blazing Star. (Played it a fair bit on the Xperia Play.)

Or even Last Resort. (I have it on SNK Arcade Classics volume 1).

(Rather play Sonic Wings 2 or 3 though. Good level of difficulty vertical and not a bullet hell.)

I like those games (except Sonic Wings, those games are boring), but I liked Blazing Star the most. But in the end we never got anymore Wii VC games...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

1,100. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

What is the best Street Fighter to get on VC?

Street Fighter Alpha 2