Forums

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 1,082

e-love

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

Emaan wrote:

What is the best Street Fighter to get on VC?

Turbo, in my opinion.

and that's the SNES version?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

CanisWolfred

Emaan wrote:

Super Street Fighter II. It has it's own Turbo mode, more game modes, more characters, and more moves. Turbo only has unplayably fast gameplay as its sole advantage.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

e-love

@CanisWolfred, that was the one I was planning on getting o: alright

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Zeldalover

@Emaan Super Street Fighter II. I think it has more advantages than Turbo: Hyper Fighting, but that game was the one that granted it's popularity on the SNES back in the day.

Zeldalover

DarkEdi

SSFII Genesis version has online multiplayer.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

SKTTR

As for Adventure Island, my favourite was the WiiWare version Adventure Island: The Beginning. It has blurry graphics, and the controls/leveldesign is hard in the beginning until you buy some moves like the double jump or the cliffhanger. That was the main draw to the game: Finding/collecting all 100 golden melons to buy all of the moves/equipment/extras in the shop to make your character better/tougher. It has around 20 stages, you can select from the island map, and autosave. There are achievements, costumes, minigames and some kind of 2p mode as well. I'd still get most of the Wonder Boy games before that though.

As for Street Fighter, it depends:
My favourite is Super Street Fighter II (SNES). Imo the best version of the game that is available on the VC. If you need online you can get slightly different MD version as well. But if you need it really fast and don't mind missing the four SSFII characters and stages you can also get Street Fighter II Turbo (SNES).

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Samus06

I'm down to my last 900 Wii points and I need help trying to decide which one of these three games I should get.
Gley Lancer
Pulseman
Doremi
I'm not looking for any particular type of game, I'm just trying to figure out which of these three games would be the best purchase. Doremi looks like a great platformer, but it looks a bit on the easy and short side. Is that correct and if so does Doremi have high replayability? Pulseman looks like a Mega Man type game, but with less action. I love Mega Man games, but Pulseman looks like it has a slower pace than Mega Man. Gley Lancer looks like a very solid shmup. I do have a ton of shmups and I could always go for more, but does Gley Lancer have enough to make it stand out? Any insight into these games would be appreciated.

Samus06

DarkEdi

I have the same question but maybe you can download each one each time you can do it. Im also interested in the same.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

CanisWolfred

Samus06 wrote:

I'm down to my last 900 Wii points and I need help trying to decide which one of these three games I should get.
Gley Lancer
Pulseman
Doremi
I'm not looking for any particular type of game, I'm just trying to figure out which of these three games would be the best purchase. Doremi looks like a great platformer, but it looks a bit on the easy and short side. Is that correct and if so does Doremi have high replayability? Pulseman looks like a Mega Man type game, but with less action. I love Mega Man games, but Pulseman looks like it has a slower pace than Mega Man. Gley Lancer looks like a very solid shmup. I do have a ton of shmups and I could always go for more, but does Gley Lancer have enough to make it stand out? Any insight into these games would be appreciated.

I know it's been a month, but I'm tempted to grab those three as well. It's a hard question to be sure...all 3 games are fantastic.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

On a more official note, I was thinking of buying Two of these 5 games:

Bomberman Hero
Ogre Battle 64
Iron Clad
Gley Lancer
Pulseman

Or should I just wait on the possibility of Garou and Blazing Star?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Samus06

I ended up getting Gley Lancer, Pulseman and Doremi. They all looked too good to pass up. I am also hoping the Wii VC gets Garou and Blazing Star as well as a handful of other Neo Geo games. I have not played Ogre Battle 64 or Ironclad, but I have played Bomberman Hero and I can say it is a pretty decent game. It's not at all close to the quality of top notch 3D adventure games like Mario 64 or Banjo Kazooie, but it is fun.

Samus06

DarkEdi

Ironclad is like R-Type with multiple rutes and great difficulty.

Ogre Battle 64 (i have the cartridge) is a great strategy game, in NL they give it a 10/10. And it has multiple endings.

unrandomsam

I would rather play Ironclad or Pulstar than Blazing Star. (Played it a fair bit on the Xperia Play.)

Or even Last Resort. (I have it on SNK Arcade Classics volume 1).

(Rather play Sonic Wings 2 or 3 though. Good level of difficulty vertical and not a bullet hell.)

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

8BitSamurai

@CountWavula
I haven't played the original, so I'm not sure how it compares. Stand alone though, though, I think it's quite the 8-Bit beat 'em up. Got it with my NES a few years back, and it's really a fine game .

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

Tasuki

@CountWavula: Double Dragon II is the one that introduced me to the Double Dragon series so I might be a bit bias but I think II is alot better the one especially if you have another player. Still bias aside it is still a solid NES beatem up.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Samus06

I have 800 points left. Which game should I get, Pitfall the mayan adventure or Super Adventure Island 2?

Samus06

CanisWolfred

unrandomsam wrote:

I would rather play Ironclad or Pulstar than Blazing Star. (Played it a fair bit on the Xperia Play.)

Or even Last Resort. (I have it on SNK Arcade Classics volume 1).

(Rather play Sonic Wings 2 or 3 though. Good level of difficulty vertical and not a bullet hell.)

I like those games (except Sonic Wings, those games are boring), but I liked Blazing Star the most. But in the end we never got anymore Wii VC games...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DarkEdi

Emaan wrote:

Street Fighter Alpha 2

hellje

After posting this in the latest acquisition thread I thought I should move it here.

These are the last few I got:
Paper Mario
Super Mario 64
Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber
Secret of Mana

I'm adding these to Super Metroid, Mega Man 2 & 3, SMB3, Super Mario World, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, StarFox64 (Lylat Wars), Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy III, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars and Kirby's Adventure.

Thinking about getting a few more like Gunstar Heroes, Kirby Fun Pak (Super Star), ActRasier and maybe Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen (I'm being told it's unbearably slow so I'm not so sure) but after that it's going to be difficult to choose. I don't wanna spend too much money. Maybe 3 or 4 more. I missed almost everything after NES up until Wii and now I'm catching up so I'm not riding the nostalgia wave and I just want to play the good games that hold up to the test of time and are fun to play even today. Do you have any recommendations for me?

Edited on by hellje

If you need me I'll be in the chamber of understanding.

DarkEdi

Ogre Battle from SNES is more of tactic exploration, i was confused in the first level but in second level i understood the mechanics. It is easy, you put soldiers to walk throught a map to an objective, and there are hidden zones where you can fin new recluits or even hidden cities. It is all, the strategy becomes were you send your soldieres to keep them survive.

And i know the original SNES games was launched in very minimal quantities so it is very hard to find and it is extremely expensive. So it is better to get it in the VC while it is available. It is fun, i give it a 8/10.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic