Forums

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,082

SparkOfSpirit

Samus06 wrote:

Thanks for the Fatal Fury recommendations. I'm still unsure of which one to get. Maybe I'll just get all the Real Bout games. I'm most interested in those anyways. Does anyone know if Real Bout Fatal Fury Special is on the United States Wii Virtual Console? I checked Nintendo's site and it doesn't have it listed on there and I'm unable to check on my Wii currently.

It's on the NA VC and it's an awesome fighter. Definitely one of the best on the service.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Samus06

Good to know that Real Bout Special is on the VC. I was worried it wasn't.

I have one more dilemma I need help with. I can only get two games from this list-
-Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures
-Ristar
-Zombies Ate My Neighbors
-Dynamite Headdy

These games all look like quality games to me, but which two games on that list should I get?

Samus06

Samus06

That was a quick response. Ristar does look excellent. I have a ton of platformers from the VC, but I have been looking for great fun platformers I am not too familiar with. Are the controls in Ristar tight and responsive?

Samus06

8BitSamurai

@Samus06
Yeah, I haven't played it in a while, but I remember them being very fluent, and I've never heard anybody complain about them. It's a really, nice, colorful platformer, a ton of fun.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

Samus06

It does look like fun. It was at the top of my list of potential VC games to get, but I was a bit unsure of the controls. Based on what you said it sounds like it controls just fine. I think I'll be getting Ristar. Now I have to decide what game I should get out of the remaining 3 on my list...

Thanks for the response 8BitSamurai.

Samus06

DarkEdi

Ristar is very fun and it has a lot charm.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

SparkOfSpirit

Get Ristar for sure.

Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures is a hard action platformer from the Super Star Wars guys. If you like those games you'll probably like this.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors is a really tough but original action adventure game with fun co-op. If you like overhead adventure games, this is probably one of the best.

Dynamite Headdy is a platformer by Treasure. In my opinion, it's the weakest game of the four you listed.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Samus06

Another question- Are any of the Bonk games worth getting? They look very colorful and quirky which I like, but they also look a bit clunky to me. If I were to get a Bonk game, which one should I get?

Samus06

8BitSamurai

@Samus06
Yes, absolutely! Some of the best, most criminally underrated gems of that whole generation. I would probably recommend Bonk 3 myself, just from what I've heard, but you could always check out the NL reviews.

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

Samus06

Thanks. Yea I have been looking at the NL reviews and even though they say Bonk 3 is probably the best, for some reason Bonk's Adventure and Bonk's Revenge look better to me. I do like how Bonk 3 has co-op though. The Bonk games look like a ton of fun and I love platformers, so I will probably end up getting one or maybe two Bonk games. Have you played Super Bonk? It looks fun, but it doesn't look nearly as good as the TG-16 Bonks.

Samus06

8BitSamurai

@Samus
I have only personally played Bonk's Revenge, which is one of my favorite 16-Bit platformers. But I've heard very positive things about all of them (from the few lucky people who have actually played the series)

Samus06

They all sound like quality games. It's hard to choose! Thanks again for the recommendations.

Samus06

SKTTR

I like Dynamite Headdy best. Because it has more style, originality, and more variety than the other 3 games combined. It also has the best graphic effects of the 4 games.

Second would be Zombies for it's fun 2p co-op and great soundtrack.

Indiana Jones was always too frustrating, but nevertheless a good challenge if you keep up with it. Oh yes, a special recommendation for this game and Zombies, because it seems LucasArts is pulling them from the service because of legal reasons. Not sure if and when.

Ristar never clicked with me. It's just a popular platformer because it was made by Sonic Team. I guess it's an enlightenment for Sonic fans. If you really need a great action platformer for Mega Drive: Dynamite Headdy is the one.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Samus06

Dynamite Headdy does look awesome. I have a handful of Treasure games from the VC and I wouldn't mind adding another one. I did not know LucasArts games might get pulled from the VC. I might just have to get some more Wii points and get those games as well before they are gone for good. Thanks for that info SKTTR.

Also, does anyone recommend me getting an Adventure Island game? I have 3 Wonderboy games, but the Adventure Island games just never appealed to me. Many people seem to like those games, but the gameplay just looks so 'meh' to me.

Samus06

8BitSamurai

@Samus06
If you enjoy Metroidvania / Zelda II style games, absolutely, absolutely try Super Adventure Island II. It's gameplay is quite different from the rest, instead of being a straight-forward platformer, it's a 2D adventure game. It's very, very criminally underrated, IMO.

Samus06

I love Metroidvania style games. I just might have to check out Super Adventure Island 2. The other Adventure Island games on the North American VC don't really appeal to me. Adventure Island 2 and 3 for the NES look like they might be worth a purchase, but those aren't available on the NA VC....

Samus06

e-love

What is the best Street Fighter to get on VC?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

SparkOfSpirit

The best Adventure Island games are unfortunately not on the service. Also, I'd throw another vote for Bonk's Revenge.

SKTTR wrote:

Ristar never clicked with me. It's just a popular platformer because it was made by Sonic Team. I guess it's an enlightenment for Sonic fans.

No, it's popular because it's a good game. Just like I don't only like Rocket Knight Adventures because it was made by the Contra 3 and Hard Corps director. I like it because it's a fantastic platformer. Ristar had to grow on my before I really dug it, though.

― G.K. Chesterton

SparkOfSpirit

Emaan wrote:

What is the best Street Fighter to get on VC?

Turbo, in my opinion.

― G.K. Chesterton

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic