Forums

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 1,082

DarkEdi

Rondo of Blood and Castlevania III are the best choices.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

Zeldalover

@DarkEdi Thanks for the quick response! Got the Classic Controller Pro ready for this one!

Zeldalover

DarkEdi

I downloaded The Last Ninja (Commodore 64) and it is a great game. It has difficult controllers but reading the manual it helps. Is is only push the button since you active the pad directions to attack and the diagonals are for grab items. And push the button while walking is to jumpo and it differs if is up or right. And you have 2 buttons, one for items and one for arms. It is only to keep an eye to the menu and practice and memorize the map.

A great game, in some weeks i will download the 2nd part of this game.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

DarkEdi

A very strange situation.

SparkOfSpirit

If you're a beat em up fan, you NEED to play Sengoku 3. It's nothing like the first two and quite awesome.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

DarkEdi

What other hidden gems are in VC or Wiiware? i like to download not so popular games. Maybe MDK2 or some VCA or Master System games, i´m beginning to download the Commodore games because they are few.

Samus06

I have 800 Wii points to spend and I am having a hard time trying to decide between which of these four games to get.
Landstalker
Beyond Oasis
Shinobi 1 (Arcade)
Wonder Boy in Monster World.

Any suggestions on which one I should get?

Samus06

ThePirateCaptain

@Samus
If you're into RPG's, i'd say that Beyond Oasis is the best game on that list.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

ogo79

Samus06 wrote:

I have 800 Wii points to spend and I am having a hard time trying to decide between which of these four games to get.
Landstalker
Beyond Oasis
Shinobi 1 (Arcade)
Wonder Boy in Monster World.

Any suggestions on which one I should get?

eventually, you should get both landstalker and beyond oasis

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

SKTTR

I recommend both Wonder Boy in Monster World and Landstalker.

Hmm.. Maybe I should try Beyond Oasis (The Story of Thor) one day.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Samus06

Thanks for the recommendations guys. This is a tough decision. Maybe I'll just buy more Wii points and get all those games.

Another question- For anyone familiar with the Fatal Fury games, besides Garou, what would you consider the best Fatal Fury game?

Samus06

Aldebaran

Samus06 wrote:

Thanks for the recommendations guys. This is a tough decision. Maybe I'll just buy more Wii points and get all those games.

Another question- For anyone familiar with the Fatal Fury games, besides Garou, what would you consider the best Fatal Fury game?

I would strongly recommend the Real Bout trilogy if you can pick them all but if you can get only one then stick with Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
Personally the ones I enjoy playing the most are Real Bout Fatal Fury Special and Real Bout 1 (this one has excellent OST) although Real Bout 2 has the largest character rooster and it is very nice game it has no major add ons or improvements to gameplay (stil much worth checking as it is quality game if you like fighters).

If you are getting a game from the normal Fatal Fury trilogy then get Fatal Fury Special (and perhaps Fatal Fury 3 would be a sweet additon).

Edited on by Aldebaran

Nintendo Network ID: Aldebaran20

DarkEdi

I only downloaded the 2 Special versions and i recommend a lot Real Bout Special.

Samus06

I think I'm going to get one of the Real Bout games. What makes RBFF Special a better game than RBFF2? They both look like great fighters, but I only have enough Wii points for one of them.

Samus06

Aldebaran

Samus06 wrote:

I think I'm going to get one of the Real Bout games. What makes RBFF Special a better game than RBFF2? They both look like great fighters, but I only have enough Wii points for one of them.

RBFF Special introduced lot's of improvements whereas RBFF2 introduced no major changes other than 2 new characters (is essentially a copy paste of RBFF Special but a little watered down) however as you said both are great fighters with impressive graphics and fun gameplay, try to get them all in the future if possible.

Edited on by Aldebaran

Samus06

Thanks for the Fatal Fury recommendations. I'm still unsure of which one to get. Maybe I'll just get all the Real Bout games. I'm most interested in those anyways. Does anyone know if Real Bout Fatal Fury Special is on the United States Wii Virtual Console? I checked Nintendo's site and it doesn't have it listed on there and I'm unable to check on my Wii currently.

Samus06

Aldebaran

Samus06 wrote:

Thanks for the Fatal Fury recommendations. I'm still unsure of which one to get. Maybe I'll just get all the Real Bout games. I'm most interested in those anyways. Does anyone know if Real Bout Fatal Fury Special is on the United States Wii Virtual Console? I checked Nintendo's site and it doesn't have it listed on there and I'm unable to check on my Wii currently.

I've purchased purchased all Real Bout Fatal Fury games in the Mexican Wii Virtual Console so I am pretty sure they are in the US Virtual Console since they are the same (North American).

Tasuki

Well I am on the fence with FZero X on the VC. They offer it for 200 coins from CN and I am thinking of picking it up but is it worth it? I have never played this game but I do enjoy the SNES F Zero on the VC. Is this game better than F Zero or is it not as good? Will I enjoy it as much as F Zero?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

DarkEdi

The Nintendo Channel and Nintendo sites not update their VC list. So it is better to search it throught NintendoLife search bar or directly in the Wii shop.

DarkEdi

@Tasuki
200 coins is expensive but the game is awesome, you could save that coins and pay the 1000 points. The game is like the gamecube version. It is crazy fast action.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic