Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Recent Game You've Beaten 'VC' Edition!

Showing 101 to 120 of 144

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

101. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

After Dracula's Curse, Super is going to be a cakewalk.

it was except for dracula for some reason, the levels and bosses in super pennsylvania iv were easy but i had a few tries with dracula...next up rondo of blood!

Enjoy. The only Classicvania that's better than that one is Super.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

102. Posted:

@ogo79
You're going to struggle MONDO with Rondo, it's almost as challenging as Dwacula's Curse.. ;)

'Death' on the Pirate Ship gave me a run for my moola', not to mention the trio of classic monster nasties 'in one' such as the Bat, Frankenstien, Mummy & Medussa all formed together by that devilishly tricky Wascally Wizard*.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

103. Posted:

I didn't think that Rondo of Blood was as bad compared to the other Classicvanias. It's still a difficult game, but I was able to beat it with both characters, and the only other Classicvania that I've beaten is IV (Rebirth on Easy mode doesn't count). Definitely a cakewalk compared to Dracula's Curse. If it weren't for HELP ME (best extra lives password name ever), I wouldn't be able to make it past the first several levels. :P

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

ogo79

104. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

@ogo79
You're going to struggle MONDO with Rondo, it's almost as challenging as Dwacula's Curse.. ;)

'Death' on the Pirate Stripe gave me a run for my moola', not to mention the trio of classic monster nasties 'in one' such as the Bat, Frankenstien, Mummy & Medussa all formed together by that devilishly tricky Wascally Wizard*.

perhaps, however i did beat cv 1 the first time i played it. i know rondo is hard, but its not holy diver hard. plus i know all the secrets and stuff :* Untitled
just like all the others it will get beat. but amagon can go sit down somewhere.
btw, did anyone bother with any of the second quests in the series? i didnt.

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Omega

105. Posted:

"The Last Ninja I" and "The Last Ninja II". They're both not so hard as I remembered them on a real C64. You can make steady progress because you have unlimited continues and the Wii's own "suspension save" allows to play the game in more than one session. Very handy.

Edited on by Omega

Ωɱɛɡɑ

AuthorMessage

ogo79

106. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

@ogo79

'Death' on the Pirate Ship gave me a run for my moola', not to mention the trio of classic monster nasties 'in one' such as the Bat, Frankenstien, Mummy & Medussa all formed together by that devilishly tricky Wascally Wizard*.

ive only made 2 attempts at rondo so far, im already at 58% complete, and rescued 3 of the 4 women, its not that hard so far...am i missing something here?
edit
im 78% done so far, the ghost ship is easy, however i used maria

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

107. Posted:

Using Maria completely knocks down the difficulty by a landslide haha. You're basically cheating! Try beating death with Richard! ;)

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

108. Posted:

@WaveBoy
im mixing both characters up as i play, i beat death the second time with maria, the part you mentioned about the "classic monsters", im not at that point yet, supposedly you have to complete all the other stages before that one will open.
edit
dude i just beat castlevania 1-4 back to back, i think im entitled to have my fun using maria instead of using captain concrete feet for the entirety of the game lol
gimme a break

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

Zodiak13

109. Posted:

Ah, that is the intent of the VC isn't it. To play games. I just like to buy them for the nostalgia. I think my son plays them at least.

Edited on by Zodiak13

Gotta catch them... eh, nevermind.

AuthorMessage

BlackSpy

110. Posted:

Recently beaten Kirby's Adventure on the Wii VC, now have the Wii U VC version and am playing it :P

BlackSpy

AuthorMessage

Kyloctopus

111. Posted:

Kirby's Adventure

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage

Aldebaran

112. Posted:

Castlevania 3 Dracula's curse on VC I guess is the North American rom isn't it? The Japanese version of Castlevenia 3 has an amazing and outstanding soundtrack due it had an special chip to enhance the OST

BTW The most difficult Castlevanias I've beaten are Castlevania 64 (Dual Tower level took me weeks) and Castlevania Dracula X SNES version of Rondo of Blood (Dracula's fight it is a pain in the /%%5)

Edited on by Aldebaran

Aldebaran

Twitter: shoryuken39

AuthorMessage

Ryno

113. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

dude i just beat castlevania 1-4 back to back, i think im entitled to have my fun using maria instead of using captain concrete feet for the entirety of the game lol
gimme a break

You want a break??? Play Kirby then! If you are going to play Castlevania then be a Belmont!

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

ogo79

114. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

gimme a break

You want a break??? Play Kirby then! If you are going to play Castlevania then be a Belmont!

i dont know anyone else who is willing to play holy diver then match it with all 3 castlevanias for nes back to back. ive been a belmont the last 4 games, theres an option to use another character so im enjoying that in the mix WHILE using yet another belmont. ill beat the game with him, so whats the problem? you and waveboy let me know when you try out holy diver though :*

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

Zeldalover

115. Posted:

I've only completed 1 and 3 for the NES. Akumajou Dracula X: Chi no Rondo is great for it's anime-styled art direction and music tunes. Couldn't really get much into Super Castlevania IV as one would not be all that impressed by simply stretching the pure gameplay by 6 more whip directions (tho the level design is very clever..).

Edited on by Zeldalover

Zeldalover

AuthorMessage

ogo79

116. Posted:

ok i beat rondo of blood, i used maria on a few parts, however i beat the game with richter, got the proper ending and met my goal for a 100% completion ftw.

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

117. Posted:

@ogo79
So what are your final thoughts on Mondo Rondo? Did you enjoy hitting up Drac's Turbo Grafx rave party, or did the experience fall short like a bitter tasting piece of moldy wall meat? :p

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

118. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Using Maria completely knocks down the difficulty by a landslide haha. You're basically cheating! Try beating death with Richard! ;)

I beat the game w/o even unlocking Maria. Still haven't gotten her.

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

ogo79

119. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

@ogo79
So what are your final thoughts on Mondo Rondo? Did you enjoy hitting up Drac's Turbo Grafx rave party, or did the experience fall short like a bitter tasting piece of moldy wall meat? :p

i absolutely thought rondo was/is a work of art. i had loads of fun playing it. i enjoyed using both characters, i did it for fun, not necessarily for the easy way out.
the hidden docks were still hard with maria, but not as hard as some folks say they are. i just stayed strict on myself and made a checklist of what to do in order to get 100%. fantastic game, and one everyone should own.

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

ogo79

120. Posted:

downloaded sengoku 3 today and just beat it. really great game. been a while since a game made me feel like this.
only thing is, the last boss is the most cheapest boss ive ever encountered in a game. lol
yeah hes dead now

the_shpydar wrote: