Forums

Topic: No VC release this week?!

Posts 561 to 580 of 612

CanisWolfred

Reala wrote:

You know I seriously doubt wiiware sales will affect VC releases, boycotting one service by a few is hardly going to change policy at NoA, VC has a finite amount they can put out there, due to numerous issues I can't imagine VC 3 years or so on is ever going to have the same kind of release schedule they did early on, its just not realistic.

It's not a boycott, at least not on my end. I just honestly feel that any VC game is more worth my money than anything on Wiiware. I ain't got the money to waste, Mac.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Reala

Personally I don't care what what service it falls under VC or wiiware a good game is a good game, I think the image of wiiware as a shovelware only service dominated by flash games should really have been dispelled a while ago, there are great games on that service that can rival both VC and retail, but anyone that wants to skip wiiware for names sake your loss I suppose, seems like small developers are more interested in getting their new games out there than most 3rd parties are re-releasing theirs, so the lack of VC looks likely to continue.

Reala

cheetahman91

vio wrote:

Well so much for Bloodlines or Splatterhouse 3. Thanks for nothing NOA.

Yeah I would've liked to seen one of those too. At this point though there's a high chance we'll be seeing the crappy Rival Turf next week. There's always next year I suppose...

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Games that would complete the VC as far as I'm concerned

NES
Bomberman- it'd cannibalize the Turbografx and WiiWare versions
Dr. Mario- it'd cannibalize the WiIWare versions
Tetris- see above
Mega Man 5- they're probably hoping MM9 and MM10 will suffice for the time being
Mega Man 6- see above
Metal Gear- it's not their series. Putting Snake in Brawl was just to please the developers
Duck Hunt- they'd probably remake it instead
Hogan's Alley- see above
World Class Track Meet- see above
Super Off Road- maybe

SNES
Super Bomberman- it's up to Hudson
Mega Man 7- will come after Mega man 6
Mega Man X- it'll come after MM6, if not MM7 first
Yoshi's Island- it may have to wait til the Wii2
Star Fox- see above
EarthBound- they recognize its cult following (Melee, Brawl, etc). It'll just take awhile.

NINTENDO 64
Donkey Kong 64- the Rare issue aside, they'd also have to remove the arcade game
Bomberman 64- will come after all other Bomberman games
Mega Man 64- may or may not come (sweet Jove I hope not)
Diddy Kong Racing- would have to replace Conker and Banjo, but otherwise it may come
Mario Party- there are too many party games on the Wii as it is.

MASTER SYSTEM
Ecco the Dolphin- too similar to the Genesis version
Columns- it'll come

SEGA CD
Sonic CD- will have to wait til the Wii2
Ecco the Dolphin- it'd be like Sonic SMS versus Sonic Genesis, but it'll have to wait

SATURN
Sonic R- they could always release the computer version instead
Virtua Fighter- they could always release the arcade version instead
Sega Rally Championship- see above

ARCADE
Donkey Kong- they will in due time
Mario Bros.- the NES version is actually rather decent
Pac Man- I doubt it
Dig Dug- I doubt it
Galaga- I doubt it
Space Invaders- I doubt it
Ms. Pac Man- they can just release the NES version
Jr. Pac Man- see above
Donkey Kong Jr.- the NES version is rather decent
Donkey Kong 3- see above
Virtua Fighter- could work instead of the troublesome Saturn
Sega Rally Championship- another Saturn substitute
Cruisin' USA- I don't know
Area 51- they'd probably remake it instead
Super Off Road- maybe

Edited on by The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Tasuki

Reala wrote:

You know I seriously doubt wiiware sales will affect VC releases, boycotting one service by a few is hardly going to change policy at NoA, VC has a finite amount they can put out there, due to numerous issues I can't imagine VC 3 years or so on is ever going to have the same kind of release schedule they did early on, its just not realistic.

I am not boycotting Wiiware games per say but I mainly bought the Wii for the VC games that they bragged on and on about prior to the Wiis release. There are still hundreds of games that they can release for the VC that there is no licensing problems. For example theres Yoshis Island that can still be released. What about Illusion of Gaia? and a few others that I cant think of right now. I know games like Ducktales on the NES or GoldenEye N64 wont come out due to licensing issues but what about Nintendos own games?

I am with Mickeymac on this one if I do find a Wiiware title like Sonic 4 or Megaman 10 than I will be purchasing it on my Xbox 360.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

kkslider5552000

It's because the Wii isn't going anywhere and they don't want to release them all at once.

/thread

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

Yeah, I bought a Wii for the Disc games and the VC games. Since disc games I want are few in number and even the better ones are only worth a rental in my book. That just leaves VC to get my money's worth, but with the way things have been going I'm finding fewer and fewer reasons to boot up my Wii. Sure, there's some good games on Wiiware, but most are either on XBLA/PSN/Steam/App Store, or pale in comparison to games on those services, while offering more for features for similar prices. The negatives always seem to outway the positives, outside of a few games, so I just end up getting VC games, where the prices, length, and gameplay are much harder to argue against.

But rant aside, my real gripe right now, is that even with the downward trend, they still gave us a VC game on Halloween. That is until this year, where we got Happy Holidays and a Flashlight. I didn't think it was possible for them to disappoint me any more than they already have, but obviously they proved that wrong. I guess Nintendo really can't be counted on to keep consistent to anything.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Reala

Tasuki wrote:

There are still hundreds of games that they can release for the VC that there is no licensing problems. For example theres Yoshis Island that can still be released. What about Illusion of Gaia? and a few others that I cant think of right now. I know games like Ducktales on the NES or GoldenEye N64 wont come out due to licensing issues but what about Nintendos own games?.

There are a few games to go but I really don't think there are hundreds for Nintendo to release now, hope I'm wrong on that though but it depends on what they are willing to dig up and have rated, think the number of VC titles is somewhere between 300 to 400 titles currently. There are a few areas of VC that have been lacking VCA mostly IMO, but it seems like most of the big name titles are already on VC, mostly square-enix stuff I'm watching out for personally pretty RPG deprived in Europe for a while, VC's imports have helped quite a bit though.

Reala

Stuffgamer1

@StarFox: The appearances of Mother series-related paraphernalia in the Smash Bros. series has absolutely NOTHING to do with Earthbound's cult following in America and EVERYTHING to do with the Mother series being much, MUCH more widely popular in Japan. Now, that doesn't explain the lack of either Mother game on the Japanese VC, but I guess you can't have everything...

@Reala: I'm sure there are, in fact, still hundreds of games that COULD be released on VC without licensing issues if the companies that owned them would bother. Just to start with, we've got giants in the gaming world that aren't even supporting VC AT ALL, such as EA and Activision (yes, Activision released ONE VC game...but only one, with nothing else forthcoming; given their extensive catalog, it barely even counts). Then you've got other companies that USED to support it much better before Nintendo's bad business practice of keeping people in the dark over release dates pissed them all off. And Squenix is supporting very, very slowly probably partially for that same reason, and partially because that just seems to be what that company does.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

KingMike

Trying to think of what's left for Square-Enix to release:
FF6 probably won't come if they plan to release FF5 and 6 on 3DS (as speculated because they didn't do them on DS).
3D World Runner
Rad Racer 1/2
The remaining Quintet games: Robotrek and the SoulBlazer trilogy. OK, fine, ActRaiser 2
DQ1-4
7th Saga
King Arthur & the Knights of Justice (won't come because it's a license game)
Chrono Trigger (ported to DS)
Mystery Quest (who even remembers this NES game?)
(not counting Breath of Fire 1 or Paladin's Quest since Square/Enix only translated them)
(and Japan's library wouldn't be complete without 3D World Runner 2, Ginga no Sannin, FF5 (see FF6), Front Mission (ported to DS), DQ5/6 and Mystic Ark, Wonder Project J 1/2). The other Enix games I can think of are licensed games: Violinist of Hameln, Mahoujin Guruguru 1/2, Papuwa-kun.)

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

Bass_X0

You forgot Secret of Evermore, Terranigma, Robotrek, E.V.O.: Search for Eden and Mischief Makers,

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Stuffgamer1

@Bass: He didn't forget Terranigma or Robotrek:

KingMike wrote:

The remaining Quintet games: Robotrek and the SoulBlazer trilogy.

The other three, yeah.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

EvilRegal

It's January 2011, the Holidays are over and things are back to normal (sadly). Time to revive the Legendary Master Swo... uh, I mean "No VC release this week?!" thread! (sing songy) Miserable days are here again!

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

Stuffgamer1

What REALLY sucks is that in all those weeks of actually getting games, Mario Party 2 was the ONLY one I actually wanted to download. I was really hoping they'd also drop Faxanadu before going back to this not-releasing-games BS.

EvilRegal

NOA didn't waste any time taking down the Christmas lights, setting the tree out to the curb for the trash men and getting back into regular form, did they? Geez, they didn't even give us any black-eyed peas for good luck. Commando and Mario Party 2 were my only downloads. Kind of thought we'd get more Capcom VCA. Nope. Back to the same old same old.

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

Brutapode89

The last friday, no VC games in France either.

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89, Drattak89 & Scarhino89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

CanisWolfred

Jamba001 wrote:

The last friday, no VC games in France either.

What about Spain? The Netherlands get anything? Did they skip Australia and New Zealand again? What about the guys in Sweden? Did they get anything? UK, Norway, Germany, Hungary?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Brutapode89

In France, we have even VC games as English, Spain, Hungary and other European countries. But, we got not Axelay as Australian.

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89, Drattak89 & Scarhino89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

The VC has become a seasonal event. It'll lag for awhile until something important comes up.

Expect the following:
NES Golf- at the start of the US Open
Decap Attack- for Halloween
Donkey Kong Arcade- 400th game
Donkey Kong 64- for Christmas
F1 Race- in March, maybe?

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

SuperMarioRacoon

Yes your right VolpeStella...
Its sad that they giv us every two weeks a new game...
In my opinion they are a little lazy, sry if somebody see it different >.<
Yes i know they got other things to do But maybe im just angry because they dont bring the games i wanted to see.

SuperMarioRacoon used Tail Whip !

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.