Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: No VC release this week?!

Showing 521 to 540 of 623

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

521. Posted:

Has anyone looked at the upcoming Virtual Console list for North America? It mentions fifty games with at least some sort of evidence supporting that it's coming to the Virtual Console (Not including Micheal Jackson's Moonwalker, since the PEGI rating has been removed. Nintendo Life staffs, could you remove that game already from the upcoming list?). This is based off pure memory, but around the first no-VC delimma, it had fifty-two upcoming games mentioned.

Remembering this piece of information, I don't think we can explain the lack of VC games recently with "Less and less games can be made available on the service.". Since we have at least fifty games that may come up on the VC eventually, I think the reason for the lack of the VC games recently is a lot more complicating and prehaps a reason that will be difficult to accept.

No I'm not suggesting that Nintendo has malicious intents for the Virtual Console, not at all. As a matter of fact, I think the reason why we're in such a long drought is due to Nintendo's bad management of the VC early on by overly-supporting the Virtual Console in it's early years.

Then you'll probably say "How would that be bad management?". The reason why I say that it's bad management is because they realized that they only had a limited amount of games they can bring on the Virtual Console without much problems and by releasing three to four games during it's early years, they unknowingly were setting themself up to **** off a lot of Virtual Console fans later on due to the declining amount of releases. Prehaps Nintendo should have released a smaller amount of games (Like one or two) during those early years so prehaps we wouldn't have so much of a drought to start with.

Basically, Nintendo were shooting themself in the foot and now they're paying for it by angry customers reaction.

Edited on by astarisborn94

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

Stuffgamer1

522. Posted:

@SSBF: I don't think that theory makes very much sense. If there are still plenty of games to release, then why would having released "a lot" early on in the VC's lifespan have caused us to be getting almost nothing NOW, before we actually have them all?

Besides which, I subscribe to the belief that they'd have been better off simply releasing any and all games that were ready to go up ASAP instead of trying to spread them out at all. It certainly would have avoided the problem of publishers never knowing when their games would finally release!

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage

breaderer

523. Posted:

Its sad that the vc is slowing down, but there is already so many great games on the service that I wouldn't mind too much if they stopped releasing them altogether.

Don't read this, please..

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

524. Posted:

• Shouts obscenities and prays for this thread to be closed *

TwilightV

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

525. Posted:

@TwilightV: Except that if they did close the thread, we would see tons of "NO VC GAMES THREAD!" popping up. It's best to keep this alive so anyone who doesn't wish to complain about the VC can ignore it for the most part.

Edited on by astarisborn94

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

526. Posted:

Here's hoping Aero 2 or Uforia gets released today.
Edit: Nothing. Dang it NOA.

Edited on by cheetahman91

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

irken004

527. Posted:

cheetahman91 wrote:

... Nope. No VC this week.

The announcement is on the front page

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

528. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

cheetahman91 wrote:

... Nope. No VC this week.

The announcement is on the front page

I know. I already edited my comment. I thought they would put it on the VC page again like they have been lately. Thank you for not doing that NintendoLife.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

529. Posted:

At least we didn't have to complain this week but what about next week?

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

Bass_X0

530. Posted:

Back to normal. Hopefully September will return to having VC games every other week again.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

531. Posted:

That would be nice. Question is: What VC Games can we expect...? I'm at a loss.

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

WolfRamHeart

532. Posted:

I think it's possible we could get either Aero the Acrobat 2 or Fatal Fury 3 as our next VC game. Not sure when though.

WolfRamHeart

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9821-2538 | Nintendo Network ID: WolfRamHeart

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

533. Posted:

SIGH Yet again... I thought we'd get Fatal Fury 3. Pfft.

Edited on by KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

Bass_X0

534. Posted:

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

SIGH Yet again...

Well obviously. Nintendo America have stopped doing consecutive weeks of VC games for a long time. Having got U-four-ia last week, nobody really expected anything this week. And its more likely you'll get Aero the Acrobat 2 next time than anything else.

Edited on by Bass_X0

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

535. Posted:

For some reason I thought they'd include a game anyway, mostly because they took long to put up the PR.

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

Stuffgamer1

536. Posted:

Unfortunately, you can't always equate late updates with high content...not even from companies that say that's sometimes the reason like Sony does, much less the tight-lipped jerks at NoA. That said, I thought maybe there'd be an extra-huge deluge of WiiShovelWare, but we didn't even get that.:P

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage

MrB4

537. Posted:

There are still alot of great games that need to come out on the VC. Hope the service picks up sometime soon, its one of, if not the best feature of the console to this very day

Like me or Hate me, I will never change, so just deal with it.

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

538. Posted:

I want Oregon Trail and Descent, dammit!

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

539. Posted:

No release on the 25th anniversary of Super Mario Bros., huh. :|

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage

Bass_X0

540. Posted:

You should know by now that VC games rarely do anything for anniversaries.

The only special games we got because of a particular date was Halloween.