Forums

Topic: No VC release this week?!

Posts 481 to 500 of 612

Guybrush_Threepwood

The Virtual Console was the only reason I was really excited about getting a Wii. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have bought it on release date. Of course I'm a fan of most Nintendo franchises since I got a Gameboy and SNES as a kid. But I'm not excited about motion controls (Wii Sports,...) or Nintendo's new approach to videogaming. The Wii hardware was also a huge disappointment to me comparing to the competitors (and former Nintendo home consoles I owned). Virtual Console is just the most important feature the Wii can offer besides Nintendo's first party games. So the decline of Virtual Console releases is naturally a big deal to me. Since WiiWare is not (and will never be) an proper replacement for Virtual Console in my humble opinion I spend almost my complete download budget on Xbox Live Arcade (great service) nowadays.

Edited on by Guybrush_Threepwood

Guybrush_Threepwood

MetalMario

I just wish Nintendo would put more first-party stuff on there.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

LzWinky

StarFox wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

No virtual console release this week? Fanboys mad?
Better join in on this rant and sell my Wii.

Hell, I'll even get a anti-Nintendo tattoo to show my determination.

Do NOT sell your Wii! You'll regret it!

I kinda agree with him...sell my Wii and abandon all hopes of Nintendo ever liking me again. Oh I'm such a pathetic fanboy

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

JGMR

Why is it so difficult for Nintendo and other developers to emulate titles from every system and release a game for every system once a week?

Every week a...

*NES
*SNES
*Nintendo 64
*Master System
*Megadrive/Genesis
*Turbo Duo
*Neo Geo

game.

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

manleycartoonist

StarFox wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

No virtual console release this week? Fanboys mad?
Better join in on this rant and sell my Wii.

Hell, I'll even get a anti-Nintendo tattoo to show my determination.

Do NOT sell your Wii! You'll regret it!

I still regret giving up hope on Sega and selling my Dreamcast. And I owned the Game Gear, Genesis, Saturn and Dreamcast so I know what it's like to love a once great company that seemingly gave up hope and ignored the fanboys.

I have a website: www.the-manleys.blogspot.com

vio

90's Gamer wrote:

Why is it so difficult for Nintendo and other developers to emulate titles from every system and release a game for every system once a week?

Every week a...

*NES
*SNES
*Nintendo 64
*Master System
*Megadrive/Genesis
*Turbo Duo
*Neo Geo

game.

Simply put, it's not. There's plenty of quality games across all the supported consoles and Virtual Console Arcade to easily release 1 every week, if not 2 or 3 every week. Nintendo is just being lazy and is obsessed with WiiWare and DSiWare, so VC suffers as a result.

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

MetalMario

The worst part is, I have no idea why they are obsessed with WiiWare and DSiWare. 95% of all the games released on there get bad reviews anyway...

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

vio

MetalMario wrote:

The worst part is, I have no idea why they are obsessed with WiiWare and DSiWare. 95% of all the games released on there get bad reviews anyway...

I've been wondering the same thing myself for a long time now. It's quite the mystery. I wish whoever keeps downloading those crappy WiiWare and DSiWare games every week would just stop already. It's all about the $$$ and if Nintendo suddenly stopped making money with those services, there's a good chance they would start giving VC strong support again.

CanisWolfred

Hopefully once the Wii's successor is announced and the end is in site, Ninty will finally ramp up the number of VC games released...ah, who am I kidding? No body knows what the real reasons behind all this is. If they could just explain the situation more, things would be a lot less frustrating.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Kyloctopus

The next Wii successor should have
1 Game instals
2 GC VC
3 A cool design your own room channel for free
4 3D
5 Camera

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Kyloctopus

But seriously, at this point I'm happy with any VC (I'd prefer Mario Party, but you win some, you lose some)

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Bass_X0

...One game every three weeks now for America? Is that how it will be Nintendo?

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

vio

It's looking like my prediction that we'll get Ufouria in August and Aero 2 in September is correct. 1 measily game a month now from here on out... You really are lazy jackasses Nintendo of America. mad

ocarinaoftime

i sent a complaint email about no vc game....we all no my email is not goin to help......but dang would it hurt to have at least one vc game a month....

ocarinaoftime

Stuffgamer1

StarFox wrote:

All the good games are already out.

Yeah, right. Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma, Final Fantasy "III," Yoshi's Island, Star Fox, Donkey Kong 64, Earthbound, Lufia 2, Mario Party 1-3, Chrono Trigger, Kirby's Star Stacker (no reason to not import release), Mega Man 5-7, Mega Man X 1-3, Super Bomberman 1 & 2 (plus 3-5 on import, maybe), Wario's Woods SNES (far superior to NES), and MORE; both better known and not; whether top-of-the-line or just plenty good; say "hi."

Some of the above games have fan-theorized issues, but NONE of those issues has ever been officially confirmed by Nintendo. Like Brooks83, my biggest problem with the service is the secrecy. Companies can't get away with that level of secrecy in the retail market, but they think it's A-okay on their download services? Nintendo's not the only secretive download company, though it IS the worst by far. I await the day that companies finally realize that announced release schedules are needed for ALL games.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

KnucklesSonic8

Mm-hmm and I'm still waiting on Super Mario Picross. Plus, there was a bunch of games rated by the ESRB that still haven't showed up.

But Mario Party 1-3 are especially inexcusable.

KnucklesSonic8

OldBoy

My God, are you guys still complaining about games that won't come out...jeez ,go play some video games people.

What's this bit for again?

brainofj

I am no longer surprised by weeks without new VC releases. And when there IS a release, it's usually mediocre filler garbage (see, Aero The Acrobat). The list of quality marquee games is small, and the list of marquee, quality games with the likelihood of actually coming out (save your comments of "Earthbound!" and "Starfox!" and whatnot) is even smaller. So ... yeah ... I can't be bothered to care much anymore.

"You keep saying "snake", but all I hear is 'Easter bunny, Easter bunny, Easter bunny'."
-Meatwad

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

StarFox wrote:

All the good games are already out.

Yeah, right. Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma, Final Fantasy "III," Yoshi's Island, Star Fox, Donkey Kong 64, Earthbound, Lufia 2, Mario Party 1-3, Chrono Trigger, Kirby's Star Stacker (no reason to not import release), Mega Man 5-7, Mega Man X 1-3, Super Bomberman 1 & 2 (plus 3-5 on import, maybe), Wario's Woods SNES (far superior to NES), and MORE; both better known and not; whether top-of-the-line or just plenty good; say "hi."

Some of the above games have fan-theorized issues, but NONE of those issues has ever been officially confirmed by Nintendo. Like Brooks83, my biggest problem with the service is the secrecy. Companies can't get away with that level of secrecy in the retail market, but they think it's A-okay on their download services? Nintendo's not the only secretive download company, though it IS the worst by far. I await the day that companies finally realize that announced release schedules are needed for ALL games.

I stand corrected, although the first two and Lufa are ? to me.

Edited on by The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.