Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: No VC release this week?!

Showing 361 to 380 of 624

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

361. Posted:

@SuperSmashBros.Fan1999: Just because recent releases have been slow and mediocre doesn't mean you should sell your Wii. Play the games you already have and be happy. If that doesn't, then go ahead and get rid of your Wii.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage

ShinRPGGamer

362. Posted:

@vio: Phoenix Wright is sorta like VC since it started on the GBA so I do not think it should be put as Wiiware but more VC disgusing as Wiiware

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

363. Posted:

StarFox wrote:

@SuperSmashBros.Fan1999: Just because recent releases have been slow and mediocre doesn't mean you should sell your Wii. Play the games you already have and be happy. If that doesn't, then go ahead and get rid of your Wii.

Even if releases have been slow and mediocre, I would not under any circumstances sell my Nintendo Wii. I said I would sell my Wii only if they were to end the Virtual Console this generation. To be honest, the Virtual Console has not reached it's full potential and will not do so this generation. It's going to take multiple video game generations for that to happen and I want to be absolutely sure I'm satisfied with it ending. Ending it this generation when the Virtual Console has so many titles left would anger numerous fans, myself included.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

Oregano

364. Posted:

The problem is that Virtual Console cuts into Wiiware sales and some publishers won't want to support it for various reasons.

As a very good example how about Castlevania: Rondo of Blood and Adventure ReBirth, ReBirth is a brand new entry developed specifically for the service and is only a couple of hours long whereas Rondo of Blood is a classic, with may more hours and costs no money to put on there. People are more likely to buy Rondo of Blood and that's an issue.

Also think about Final Fantasy games, they could have been on long ago but Square Enix is still making lots of money off remakes of the games so there's a lack of incentive and Nintendo can't force them to put FFIV on there.

http://www.gaminggauge.com/
My new gaming website!

AuthorMessage

vio

365. Posted:

Bass+X0 wrote:

So you don't want games from the same series on the WiiWare? Thats kinda like saying we shouldn't get YoshI's Island simply because we already have Yoshi's Story, Yoshi's Cookie and Yoshi already - so who needs yet another Yoshi rehash? Themselves a spin-off from the many Mario games already on the VC.

You're comparing apples to oranges here. The various long running series on Virtual Console were released over a period of several years and were created by the finest 3rd party developers in the business(capcom, konami, hudson and well of course nintendo themselves). Most of these games on WiiWare are being rushed out every few months with not much in the way of quality control. I mean come on, most of those Family games are crap. Do we really need 7 of them in a 2 year period?

vio

AuthorMessage

vio

366. Posted:

Well, as I expected, there was yet again a crap load of more WiiWare and DSiWare, but on the positive side we got Wild Guns, much like I was hoping for today! So I can't complain too much.

vio

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

367. Posted:

Your point might be seen as more valid if you draw attention to other examples to support the claim that "most" WiiWare games are rushed.

I'd hate to say it again cause you said the same thing last week but are you really calling games like X-Scape crap?

Edited on by KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

Bass_X0

368. Posted:

The Family games have two unifying features; all the games are crappy and they feature the same characters in each.

However, no two Family games are alike. Each one focuses on a unique theme that no other Family game focuses upon. So they all play entirely different. But they are still crappy.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

369. Posted:

Not exactly, Bass. Go-Kart Racing featured two new additions. XD

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

ShinRPGGamer

370. Posted:

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

Not exactly, Bass. Go-Kart Racing featured two new additions. XD

And you know what KS8, it still sucked.

Edited on by ShinRPGGamer

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

371. Posted:

Nah. It sucked... HARD. From what I hear/have been told, anyway.

Edited on by KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

vio

372. Posted:

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

Your point might be seen as more valid if you draw attention to other examples to support the claim that "most" WiiWare games are rushed.

I'd hate to say it again cause you said the same thing last week but are you really calling games like X-Scape crap?

Didn't say anything about X-Scrape man. Don't know anything about that game. Those Family games however do suck a big one. $5 for Family Go-Kart Racing or $8 for Wild Guns? Yeah, tough decision there... grin

Edited on by vio

vio

AuthorMessage

Stuffgamer1

373. Posted:

I see today's VC game being from Natsume as a good sign. They haven't released anything in a REALLY long time (far as I know, the last one was Harvest Moon, which was WELL over 100 VC games ago). If they're coming back, it's possible (though obviously unprovable) that Nintendo is making an effort to entice companies back to the service. If I had the money, I might just download Wild Guns to support them in the hopes of getting Lufia later, even though I'm not really sold on the gameplay video I watched. But I don't, so...

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage

vio

374. Posted:

Stuff, the game isn't going anywhere, so when you get some extra money, go download it. :P Support these 3rd party VC releases!

vio

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

375. Posted:

@vio: You meant "crap load" in terms of "plenty" and not "tons of releases that are all crappy" so I misunderstood. But still, the principle, in fact, does remain.

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

vio

376. Posted:

Oh, and a little follow up on this "X-Scrape" game NS8. Is this a real game? I don't even see it listed here on NintendoLife's WiiWare section.

vio

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

377. Posted:

That's because it's a DSiWare game. :)

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

vio

378. Posted:

Oh sorry, it's called X-Scape, not X-ScRape. That's probably why I couldn't find it. :)

But yeah, I 'm not really concerned about DSiWare. I don't think that it's much hurting VC as it's an entirely different platform.

vio

AuthorMessage

Stuffgamer1

379. Posted:

@vio: Maybe, if I ever actually get that kind of money. I've got stuff I KNOW I want to pay for first, whenever I finally get some money at all. Might be getting a job soon, though, so we'll see.:)

EDIT: Whilst catching up on the comments on today's release news, I noticed someone mention that the HVGN reviewed Wild Guns. I went over to watch it, and man, that video is WAAAAAAY better at giving the impression that the game is fun than what's here on NLife! I may just prioritize this game when my income increases now.:)

Edited on by Stuffgamer1

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

380. Posted:

Looks like another no-VC week.

We get three WiiWare games and two DSiWare games this week.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373