Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: No VC release this week?!

Showing 341 to 360 of 623

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

341. Posted:

Chrono Cross wrote:

If the VC was discontinued tomorrow, I'd look back on it as a great service that really did do something great for Wii gamers.

VC being cancelled will bring Nintendo nothing but problems. They will lose even more of their core fanbase then what already has been lost. Almost no one except you will think of a VC-less Wii, as most core gamers will not put up with this.

Edited on by astarisborn94

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

Stuffgamer1

342. Posted:

If the VC was cancelled tomorrow, I'd be pissed about the broken promises they made when they ANNOUNCED the service. Actually, I'm already quite annoyed about some of those. They said we'd be able to download our FAVORITE classic games. The stuff I REALLY want STILL isn't available. And of course, there's the stuff about monthly N64 games and "an average of 10 games a month," neither of which did they keep up with, and neither of which did they ever actually amend their officially announced stance on.:|

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

343. Posted:

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

Chrono Cross wrote:

If the VC was discontinued tomorrow, I'd look back on it as a great service that really did do something great for Wii gamers.

VC being cancelled will bring Nintendo nothing but problems. They will lose even more of their core fanbase then what already has been lost. Almost no one except you will think of a VC-less Wii, as most core gamers will not put up with this.

It won't bring Nintendo any problems. At best it would help them. VC doesn't make anywhere close to as much money as WiiWare or retail. The Wii wouldn't go VC-less, it'd just have a service that won't have any new content on it, ever. And losing any more core Nintendo fans wouldn't really be a big deal since they're really isn't many of them out there any more.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Stuffgamer1

344. Posted:

It'd likely hurt the company in the next generation. In fact, most of what Nintendo's been doing lately seems surprisingly short-sighted. Nintendo fans have good reason to be concerned about this, as there's a fair chance it'll bite them in the butt down the line.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

345. Posted:

It is NOT being canceled. Nintendo has just run out of games to squeeze in.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage

Stuffgamer1

346. Posted:

Umm...what's the difference, StarFox? No games to release = cancelled forward moving support. We didn't say they're going to remove what's already there, if that's what you were thinking.

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

347. Posted:

There certainly are games left they could release so I dunno what the hold-up is.

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

348. Posted:

If they're going to cancel the VC service, they'd announce it.

1. They already have many major titles out there, along with hundreds of lesser titles.
2. They can only release so many titles, and they've almost exhausted their first-party lineup
3. Since they have few first-party titles left, they have to go through the rigamarole of getting third-party titles
4. WiiWare is more profitable since they don't have to deal with expired rights issues; plus, new games are what sells
5. The real problem is the lesser consoles like TG16, Neo Geo, and C64. These were added most likely as filler for an otherwise exhausted VC service.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage

vio

349. Posted:

Ok, in a few hours time we'll know if NOA had bothered with a VC release this week. keeps fingers crossed Give us something good for Memorial Day Nintendo! I'd love to spend my day off playing Wild Guns.

Either way, another 3 or 4 WiiShovelWare titles are certain. sigh

vio

AuthorMessage

Saber

350. Posted:

I really just gave up on the vc :(

SSBB: 1634-4624-0179

AuthorMessage

brooks83

351. Posted:

I've pretty much stopped caring about the VC. For the first 3 years of it's service I was a very loyal VC fan, but Nintendo hasn't shown much interest in it lately. So rather than cross my fingers and hope for table scraps every Monday, I decided to just buy the actual games.

Edited on by brooks83

brooks83

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

352. Posted:

Only one WiiWare game announced on the Nintendo Channel (Voodoo Dice) and no DSiWare. I imagine this means they have some big name title(s) planned for tomorrow, as a lot of notable games are usually released on holidays or special occaisions.

TwilightV

AuthorMessage

vio

353. Posted:

Well, here's hoping Twilight. I'd certainly flip a bitch if they released not one, but two VC games. I just can't see that happening though.. But stranger things have happened.

vio

AuthorMessage

vio

354. Posted:

Rondowhip123 wrote:

I really just gave up on the vc :(

I don't buy it. Why are you still here posting on the VC forum if that's the case? Don't give up on it unless Nintendo officially comes out and says they aren't releasing anymore games ever again. WiiWare is obviously really hurting the service, but it's not dead. The demand is still there and I'm sure Nintendo knows that. They aren't going to give up such an easy way to make a buck. It's all about the money.

vio

AuthorMessage

Chozo85

355. Posted:

StarFox wrote:

5. The real problem is the lesser consoles like TG16, Neo Geo, and C64. These were added most likely as filler for an otherwise exhausted VC service.

Actually, there are some very good games on those systems. To describe them as 'lesser consoles' providing 'filler' just isn't true. Perhaps you should actually download a couple of Neo geo games.

Chozo85

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

356. Posted:

Update: Hero Of Sparta and Topsy Turvy Life: The Turvys Strike Back confirmed for DSiWare

TwilightV

AuthorMessage

vio

357. Posted:

StarFox wrote:

4. WiiWare is more profitable since they don't have to deal with expired rights issues; plus, new games are what sells

This simply isn't possible. There's all that development cost associated with WiiWare. Developing games, even simpler WiiWare games, is quite expensive. Throwing an old game on VC costs little to nothing. Sure they have to pay some programmers to emulate the games with custom software. But come on, it's emulation! This is technology that has existed since the 1990s and has been created by nerds in their basement with little to no resources except a stock computer.

I really resent that statement man. I'm not a fan of the C64, but the TG16 and Neo Geo are not "filler" systems. There's tons of great games on both those systems. I mean are games like Rondo of Blood, Lords of Thunder, Metal Slug and King of Fighters(to name a few) just "filler?" I don't think so.

And the service is in no way exhausted. There's still hundreds of great games that could be released and should be released. Even Nintendo still has some quality first party games to release like Star Fox and Yoshi's Island. If anything, it's WiiWare that's exhausted with it's constant rehashing of the same games over and over and over again. 4 Art Style games, 4 Bit Trip games, 7(!) "Family" games, 3 Phoenix Wright games and 5 Tales of Monkey Island. Blah.

vio

AuthorMessage

Bass_X0

358. Posted:

So you don't want games from the same series on the WiiWare? Thats kinda like saying we shouldn't get YoshI's Island simply because we already have Yoshi's Story, Yoshi's Cookie and Yoshi already - so who needs yet another Yoshi rehash? Themselves a spin-off from the many Mario games already on the VC.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

359. Posted:

TwilightV wrote:

Update: Hero Of Sparta and Topsy Turvy Life: The Turvys Strike Back confirmed for DSiWare

Thanks for the info, Twilight V.

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

360. Posted:

Chrono Cross wrote:

It won't bring Nintendo any problems. At best it would help them. VC doesn't make anywhere close to as much money as WiiWare or retail. The Wii wouldn't go VC-less, it'd just have a service that won't have any new content on it, ever. And losing any more core Nintendo fans wouldn't really be a big deal since they're really isn't many of them out there any more.

If I remember correctly, Virtual Console made more money for Nintendo then WiiWare, clearly showing that gamers do care about the Virtual Console. Otherwise, why would it exist?

How in the world would it help Nintendo to cancel the Virtual Console? Tell me that. Like I said, it will eventually put a dent on Nintendo's paycheck.

And the Virtual Console going completely content-less is good enough for me to get rid of my Nintendo Wii (Yeah seriously).

And like Stuffgamer1 said, this can still put a dent on Nintendo. Only now could the potentially gain the respect of their core gamers and screwing over the Virtual Console is not going to help. Look, Nintendo already manage to convince slapshot82 to buy a Wii, cancelling the Virtual Console would destroy potential core customers who grew up with Nintendo, not to mentione the lack of a core audience WILL hurt them. Nintendo core gamers have been with Nintendo ever since we've played with them and I'm sure as heck am not letting that happen.

Edited on by astarisborn94

astarisborn94