Topic: No VC release this week?!

Showing 321 to 340 of 623

AuthorMessage

vio

321. Posted:

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

Oh wow. So what was that about the money tree. XD Just kidding. :P
Not a fan of the VC Arcade?

Well, I just haven't really been interested in the games on it thus far. I keep waiting for some stuff I like, but alas, nothing yet. Midway should release the arcade versions of Mortal Kombat on there. Weren't they supposed to be bringing the MK games to VC anyhow? I wonder what's going on with that...

vio

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

322. Posted:

I keep waiting too. I'm still quite upset over the lack of continued support NoA has been showing towards it...

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

CharlieRod

323. Posted:

Just go play one of the other VC games you have and probably haven't even finished yet, or go hunt the game you're waiting to be released on VC for the original console in cartridge form. There were so many games I wanted to be released, and they didn't show up til like the 2nd or 3rd year of the VC being around, so I just got the real deal instead. Sure it was more expensive, but it's the legit S***. The only regret is that I don't think it's updated to play on HD tv's like VC downloads are. Go play a GCN game. Go skateboard or ride your bike, thats fun too.

Wii #: 2251-9414-6049-5297/MKW#:2364-9185-0872/SSBB#:3739-3462-6792
PSN: Rodriquez608
Get up. You'll be ok-
The brightest light is in the darkest of surroundings.
If you could rearrange, change, or delete your memory, would you?

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

324. Posted:

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

I keep waiting too. I'm still quite upset over the lack of continued support NoA has been showing towards it...

Maybe NoA is showing little support because it's kind of a "bonus" to the Wii rather than a necessity

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

325. Posted:

No excuses for it really. Same goes with the N64 except there are some more restrictions. And even with the C64 for that matter!

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

Bass_X0

326. Posted:

Well, companies, including Nintendo, have got to want to support the VC. Nintendo can't make other companies release their games, its up to the other companies themselves to get games rated. I'm thinking that for some companies, its too much hassle for too little return.

But if companies don't release the best games they have available to them, THEN OF COURSE THEY WON'T GET GREAT SALES. They probably blame us for not downloading more of their games so in turn they don't think the VC is profitable but if the likes of Sega release Zaxxon, obviously few people will download it. Its a great game for those who have nostalgia for it but its very dated for everyone else. This isn't just me wanting better games for the VC but an observation on companies attitudes towards the VC.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

327. Posted:

Mmm-hmm, I figured that had something to do with it too. But for C64 games, for example, a few releases from Commodore Gaming have already come to our catalog so what's taking so long on the others like Mayhem in Monsterland? As for N64, I know that's a bigger issue but still, Nintendo has first-party titles like Mario Party they could easily release but they choose not to for now. And as for VC Arcade, I don't get why more Namco games aren't coming our way. Lots of these look really cool/fun from what I saw and I'd definitely get them but they're not bringing anything over at the moment... Hopefully SEGA continues to support VC Arcade, at least.

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

328. Posted:

I have too many games already anyway.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage

manleycartoonist

329. Posted:

vio wrote:

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

I'm just saying don't call games outright crap if you haven't even played it, that's all.

The VC is great, and that's cool that it was the main reason why you got your Wii. How many games do you have so far? :)

I say knock it all you want! This is the "Virtual Console" Thread. Not the "WiiWare" Thread. It should be a sanctuary for loving all things VC and being able to say whatever bad things you want about wiiware! If you want to hear good things about wiiware, go to the wiiware thread.

Fair enough, I won't knock that "Art Style" game anymore. :) I have a little over a hundred games now on all of the systems, save for the C64 and VC Arcade.

I have a website: www.the-manleys.blogspot.com

AuthorMessage

Stuffgamer1

330. Posted:

@Bass: Don't forget Nintendo's history of alienating 3rd parties. It's entirely wrong to say that Nintendo holds NO blame for the derth of VC when people have gone on RECORD saying that their finished-and-submitted games were held from release for SIX MONTHS by Nintendo. ESRB ratings and VC preparations cost money. If Nintendo gets people used to having no freaking clue when they might see a return on that investment, it's only natural that they'd decide to forget the whole thing.

I'm pretty sure that's what happened with Squenix as well. Just when they were starting to increase VC support, NoA had to be A-holes and hold off on Final Fantasy "II" for half a year. Ain't seen a sign of them (save for FF1 on the European VC) since.

I do agree that companies releasing crappy games isn't helping. As few games as they're bothering with nowadays, it would be to their advantage to make them the AWESOME ones.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage

MarkyVigoroth

331. Posted:

Bass+X0 wrote:

Well, companies, including Nintendo, have got to want to support the VC. Nintendo can't make other companies release their games, its up to the other companies themselves to get games rated. I'm thinking that for some companies, its too much hassle for too little return.

But if companies don't release the best games they have available to them, THEN OF COURSE THEY WON'T GET GREAT SALES. They probably blame us for not downloading more of their games so in turn they don't think the VC is profitable but if the likes of Sega release Zaxxon, obviously few people will download it. Its a great game for those who have nostalgia for it but its very dated for everyone else. This isn't just me wanting better games for the VC but an observation on companies attitudes towards the VC.

THAT should be the much-needed new perspective on this issue.

..."Twilight"? I'd rather read "My Immortal."

Credits: http://fav.me/d2gq0yf <- NOT my stamp

AuthorMessage

vio

332. Posted:

"We appreciate your comments concerning the recent number of Virtual Console games that have been released. Please keep in mind that there are various factors involved with releasing older game titles on the Wii’s Virtual Console. Our focus is to now release 3 or 4 cheap flash rhythm and art games per week for the WiiShovelWare service and ignore the classics of yester year that hardcore gamers crave. We average about 1 new Virtual Console titles per month, which means that some months will see more than 1 new release and others less than 2 new releases. I will, however, be sure to share your feedback regarding this issue to the appropriate personnel for further review. "

I figured it was time to fix this quote for 2010. :P

vio

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

333. Posted:

I remember Adam saying that 2010 could be the Virtual Console's last year. This really, really bothers. me a lot now, as it could very well be a reality.

With the Virtual Console service going downhill, I'm not sure what we can do about it. All attempts to save the Virtual Console have failed miserably, only a brief bump in quantity and quality.

The situation is really, really bad for the Virtual Console.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

334. Posted:

I don't care if the VC goes. I got the games from the SNES I wanted so I'm happy with what I have. But to be honest if there's one thing that needs to go away on the Wii Shop Channel, it's WiiWare.

But maybe it's just me.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Stuffgamer1

335. Posted:

@Chrono Cross: What, you didn't want Soul Blazer or Illusion of Gaia? Or even...dare I dream? Terranigma on import (first European import ever, perhaps?)

Don't you find that generally odd? Europe has plenty of American imports, and we don't have ONE European import. To a point, that makes sense as we got a lot more games back then, but there are still games they got that we didn't that could be coming over here. Maybe they think it'd be a hassle to rework them to be in English AND run at 60hz and know better than to give us the gimped models? I dunno...

No VC sucks, though. I HATE it when promised services decline without any official statement from the companies.:|

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

336. Posted:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@Chrono Cross: What, you didn't want Soul Blazer or Illusion of Gaia? Or even...dare I dream? Terranigma on import (first European import ever, perhaps?)|

Nope. I actually don't want those games. Actually the only games I want on VC are Mega Man X, TMNT IV, Super Bomberman 2, and more N64 support.

If the VC was discontinued tomorrow, I'd look back on it as a great service that really did do something great for Wii gamers.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

y2josh

337. Posted:

vio wrote:

Weren't they supposed to be bringing the MK games to VC anyhow? I wonder what's going on with that...

Midway sold the rights to Mortal Kombat in 2009 to Warner Brothers.

The word "Gem" is overused.
PSN/gamertag: jcturtle
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6118-9371

AuthorMessage

vio

338. Posted:

y2josh wrote:

Midway sold the rights to Mortal Kombat in 2009 to Warner Brothers.

Oh, I see. Well that just sucks a big one..

vio

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

339. Posted:

@vio: Are they still saying they release 5 games a week? Someone needs a memo to update that thing.

Still, would everyone shut up and go download something they don't already have?

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage

manleycartoonist

340. Posted:

Maybe they are slowing down the releasing to figure out how to retroactively make the games be able to be transfered to a new wii, but not be copied. For those poor folks that have a dead wii or want a black one.

I have a website: www.the-manleys.blogspot.com