Forums

Topic: No VC release this week?!

Posts 221 to 240 of 612

Adamant

I'm pretty sure you can get a used copy of Pokemon Battle Dimension for around 10$ nowadays, people. Just get that, it's near identical to Pokemon Stadium anyway, and works with the new games.

Seriously, people whine about low-quality games being released, and then go request worthless crap like Pokemon Stadium that would never work properly on the VC? Why?

Edited on by Adamant

Adamant

MarkyVigoroth

Not only does nostalgia play a hug role, but there also seems to be a false ideology in that there not being any bad games back in the NES/SNES eras (especially considering that the old bad games could have simply been forgotten).

Actually, I like Bowser AND hairy bellies!

Stuffgamer1

Bad games usually are forgotten, except for a select few that attain "worst of the worst" status (such as Superman 64 and Ghostbusters on the NES). A lot of the "worst of the worst" are known largely due to the work of the Angry Video Game Nerd, actually...otherwise, people might not be familiar with them either.

Anyway, I'm well aware that there are bad games in the back catalog. A few even made their way onto VC already.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

ItsFuzzyPickles

We can put our fears to rest for now, we have an Neo Geo game on the Virtual Console. Expect a splurge of them again.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Stuffgamer1

Yippee...Neo Geo. Well, it's still better than nothing.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Aenaida

I've been thinking, if Cave Story is the 200th WiiWare game, we may have another no-VC week so that both VC and WW milestones coincide on the same day (March 22nd).

It's plausible.

I feel my mind dissolving around...
-
A Backloggery in progress.

Stuffgamer1

@Dragoon: That post doesn't really make much sense, seeing as there WAS a VC release this week.

Adamant

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

Bad games usually are forgotten, except for a select few that attain "worst of the worst" status (such as Superman 64 and Ghostbusters on the NES). A lot of the "worst of the worst" are known largely due to the work of the Angry Video Game Nerd, actually...otherwise, people might not be familiar with them either.

As proven by you saying "Ghostbusters on the NES", since that game was on a ton of platforms, and played more or less just as bad on those. I'd play the NES version over the 2600 version any day.

Adamant

Bass_X0

These weeks without VC releases are becoming more regular for America...

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

SuperPeach

It's very sad.... I was hoping for a cool VC today.

SuperPeach

blackknight77

Boooooo! I was hoping for a new VC game today. Get your act together Nintendo.

Reopen the Wii Shop Channel

Xkhaoz

Well, I guess G&W qualifys as VC.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

DiggerandIndy

Tch. What a bummer. Another reason to go to the local retro store.

DiggerandIndy

Kevin

Yeah. Sucks, I know. This is the second time (I think) this year its happened. I have no interest in buying Cave Story. They need to show us they care about the VC but they're not and that's a shame. The VC is the main reason besides new Zelda and Mario games why I got the Wii. I know we've been given great releases lately it just makes no sense to not release a VC game for a week. Look at the lackluster DSIWare. That service gets four to five a week. We need consistancy for the VC releases too. I have no love for WiiWare except for the Mega Mans and a couple other games on that service.

Kevin

MakeMyBiscuit

I hope that's not true. How did you find out so fast? I'm really hoping the big N will release Super Mario All Stars. That is the one game I am really waiting for on VC.

MakeMyBiscuit

blackknight77

My interest in checking the weekly updates is diminishing because of this sporadic VC release schedule.

Reopen the Wii Shop Channel

mnementh

no VC's this week, but you guys are taking it too hard. It takes them time to do VC releases, and they didn't abandon it. Along the road, I'm sure we'll see a week with 5 VC's and so on.

So ends a saga older than time itself.
The World's oldest and fiercest army has been led to victory, and a lost generation
is delivered from its fear of extinction. As the sun sets over the
field of conflict the dinosaurs disperse, hoping never to set foot
in this place a...

chris3116

How many of you download Castlevania Rondo of Blood last week? If you think it's not cool enough, you have no souls. All you want is more Nintendo games on the VC while there's not much to be released.

wiiplayer26

chris3116 wrote:

All you want is more Nintendo games on the VC while there's not much to be released.

Not much to be released???? Look at Japan. They are drowning in VC. Nintendo could of just put The Return of Ishtar on VCA and make my day.

[19:46] wiiplayer26 joined the conversation
[19:47] PhoenixSage: It is teh twenty-sixth wii player. Howdy

"Defend the Underatted, when you know they have nothing wrong with them" Thats my motto.

My official theme song can be found in this video.

http://www.yout...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.