Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: No VC release this week?!

Showing 221 to 240 of 623

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

221. Posted:

lz2010 wrote:

Um, why would they get rid of the channel cheetah?

What I meant was they'll never release games for it again. Surely they'd keep the section.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

Bass_X0

222. Posted:

Crystalking18 wrote:

what about the Mario Party games, Donkey Kong 64, Pokemon Stadium, and Diddy Kong RAcing just to name a few. These games were great on the N64, but why haven't they been released.

And even then, why can't they actually put on good games, like Strider, Earthbound, and The Simpsons Arcade game? Those were great games.

The Mario Party games. Nintendo had to spend thousands of dollars to give out free gloves to protect player's hands in some mini-games for the first game.

Donkey Kong 64. There may be some issues with Jetpac appearing in the game which belongs solely to Rare.

Pokemon Stadium. Incorporating the original GB games would probably be too tricky to do and the game without the GB games is very lame.

Diddy Kong Racing. Rare removed Banjo and Conker for the DS version and replaced them with someone else. To do the same for a VC version would probably be too much work.

Strider. Has no excuse. Its just a matter of time. On the Genesis. Capcom has yet to release any arcade game on the VC yet anywhere.

Earthbound. Well known rumored legal issues.

The Simpsons. Licensed game.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

AuthorMessage

Porky

223. Posted:

Bass+X0 wrote:

Pokemon Stadium. Incorporating the original GB games would probably be too tricky to do and the game without the GB games is very lame.

Could Nintendo add a feature to pokemon stadium that connects to pokemon Pearl, Diamond, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver (similar connectivity such as My Pokemon Ranch) and allows to transfer generation 1 pokemon, no items, no newer moves, and no natures.

They did add features to Pokemon Snap and Sonic&Knuckles.

Porky

AuthorMessage

ogo79

224. Posted:

well its sunday, keep your fingers crossed for tommorow

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

225. Posted:

Ezekiel wrote:

Bass+X0 wrote:

Could Nintendo add a feature to pokemon stadium that connects to pokemon Pearl, Diamond, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver (similar connectivity such as My Pokemon Ranch) and allows to transfer generation 1 pokemon, no items, no newer moves, and no natures.

No. That would involve rewriting the entire data of the Pokemon, which is incredibly risky and too much trouble just for a Virtual Console game.

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Bass_X0

226. Posted:

Ezekiel wrote:

Bass+X0 wrote:

Still way too much work. It be more simpler to work on emulating GB games for play on the Virtual Console.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

227. Posted:

@ Bass XO: I think it would be safer playing Mario Party with a Classic Controller than it would playing with an N64 one. I got blisters fighting Bowser in SM64 on the N64, but had no such problems with the VC release.

...And I enjoyed Pokemon Stadium (and it's sequel) even without using the Transfer Pack. >:3

Edited on by TwilightV

TwilightV

AuthorMessage

Crystalking18

228. Posted:

@ Bass XO: Well, I agree that Strider and Earthbound should have come out, and I can kinda see it with Donkey Kong 64 and Diddy Kong Racing, but with the Mario Party, Simpson's game, and Pokemon Stadium, its just unacceptable. Granted, it would be hard to retool Pokemon Stadium for VC. Because that would be too hard, just make a new pokemon stadium. I enjoyed playing with pokemon that I was never able to get before, and Battle Revolution just wasn't that great. As for Mario Party, the only reason they did have to hand out gloves was because, and this is true, the N64 controller was a little weird, having the analog stick right in the middle. With the awkward position, it was a given that hands would get hurt. But with the classic controller, wii mote with nunchuck, or even the classic controller pro, I don't see that as much of a problem anymore. And the Simpson's game can be put onto the VC. They have other liscensed games on the system. If there was 1 VC Arcade game to buy, it would be the Simpson's Game, just to play with 4 people. Can you imagine online play for it? If I could choose a second, Strider.

And this isn't even counting the phenominal games that Rare made for the N64, like Conker, Banjo Kazooie and it's sequel, and GoldenEye

@ TwilightV: Thank you for helping to stress the point.

Edited on by Crystalking18

FF6: Release year- 1994
Kefka's birthday - November 9th
So.... my life is practically mirroring Kefka? Cool.

AuthorMessage

Adamant

229. Posted:

I'm pretty sure you can get a used copy of Pokemon Battle Dimension for around 10$ nowadays, people. Just get that, it's near identical to Pokemon Stadium anyway, and works with the new games.

Seriously, people whine about low-quality games being released, and then go request worthless crap like Pokemon Stadium that would never work properly on the VC? Why?

Edited on by Adamant

Adamant

AuthorMessage

MarkyVigoroth

230. Posted:

Not only does nostalgia play a hug role, but there also seems to be a false ideology in that there not being any bad games back in the NES/SNES eras (especially considering that the old bad games could have simply been forgotten).

..."Twilight"? I'd rather read "My Immortal."

Credits: http://fav.me/d2gq0yf <- NOT my stamp

AuthorMessage

Stuffgamer1

231. Posted:

Bad games usually are forgotten, except for a select few that attain "worst of the worst" status (such as Superman 64 and Ghostbusters on the NES). A lot of the "worst of the worst" are known largely due to the work of the Angry Video Game Nerd, actually...otherwise, people might not be familiar with them either.

Anyway, I'm well aware that there are bad games in the back catalog. A few even made their way onto VC already.:P

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

232. Posted:

We can put our fears to rest for now, we have an Neo Geo game on the Virtual Console. Expect a splurge of them again.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

Stuffgamer1

233. Posted:

Yippee...Neo Geo. Well, it's still better than nothing.:P

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage

Aenaida

234. Posted:

I've been thinking, if Cave Story is the 200th WiiWare game, we may have another no-VC week so that both VC and WW milestones coincide on the same day (March 22nd).

It's plausible.

I feel my mind dissolving around...
-
A Backloggery in progress.

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

235. Posted:

Who cares if there's no VC, Mega Man 10 ahoy!

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage

Stuffgamer1

236. Posted:

@Dragoon: That post doesn't really make much sense, seeing as there WAS a VC release this week.

AuthorMessage

Adamant

237. Posted:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

Bad games usually are forgotten, except for a select few that attain "worst of the worst" status (such as Superman 64 and Ghostbusters on the NES). A lot of the "worst of the worst" are known largely due to the work of the Angry Video Game Nerd, actually...otherwise, people might not be familiar with them either.

As proven by you saying "Ghostbusters on the NES", since that game was on a ton of platforms, and played more or less just as bad on those. :P I'd play the NES version over the 2600 version any day.

Adamant

AuthorMessage

Bass_X0

238. Posted:

These weeks without VC releases are becoming more regular for America...

AuthorMessage

SuperPeach

239. Posted:

It's very sad.... I was hoping for a cool VC today. :(

SuperPeach

AuthorMessage

Rawk_Hawk

240. Posted:

Boooooo! I was hoping for a new VC game today. Get your act together Nintendo.

"Practice hospitality. bless and do not curse." Romans 12:13-14