Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: No VC release this week?!

Showing 181 to 200 of 623

AuthorMessage

Rawk_Hawk

181. Posted:

Anyone think Microsoft's game room is ready to take away attention from the Virtual Console?

Microsoft announced they are planning 1,000 retro games for the service. If my math is correct that is a lot more games than 347.

What do you think?

"Practice hospitality. bless and do not curse." Romans 12:13-14

AuthorMessage

TheNewestBooM

182. Posted:

Hyper+Knuckles wrote:

No Virtual Console goodness this week? BOO! Oh well, at least we have Sonic & Knuckles from last week.

yes, knuckles and sonic (the way it SHOULD be announced :P) is pure, unadulterated gravy.

Edited on by TheNewestBooM

AKA - TheNoobestGooB

AuthorMessage

Stuffgamer1

183. Posted:

@TwilightV: I hope you're right. However, the important difference is that TWO VC games were released the Monday before the VCA announcement: Bomberman 94 and Detana Twinbee. So we're still down from last year one way or another.:(

@J-Man: Thanks for the support, but I already corrected Adamant on that issue back in July.:D

Speaking of my post from July (post #80, in case you were wondering): Whatever happened to the Turbografix games on PSN? They never bothered to bring those overseas! Maybe they figured we should try to catch up with PS1 games first or something.:P

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

184. Posted:

Tony wrote:

Anyone think Microsoft's game room is ready to take away attention from the Virtual Console?

Microsoft announced they are planning 1,000 retro games for the service. If my math is correct that is a lot more games than 347.

What do you think?

Certainly possible. I'm waiting to see which games hit first.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

JTC-Pingas

185. Posted:

Oh it is sad day!

JTC-Pingas

AuthorMessage

Stuffgamer1

186. Posted:

There's no way MS will actually have 1000 games available at service launch. Not without pretty much all of them being simple stuff from the early 80's and back, anyway. But I've heard nothing to make me think that service WILL have NES or SNES-type games on it, so there you go. To me, that makes the VC's almost-350 games (even with all the stinkers in the mix) worth more than 1000+ in the Game Room.

However, this is mostly conjecture at this point. MS hasn't given us enough concrete info about the Game Room to draw fair, logical conclusions yet. I'm reserving judgement for the time being.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

187. Posted:

To be honest, I didn't even notice until I saw this thread! Wow, AGAIN?! Seriously! Please don't start this up again, Nintendo.

Edited on by KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

Rawk_Hawk

188. Posted:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

There's no way MS will actually have 1000 games available at service launch. Not without pretty much all of them being simple stuff from the early 80's and back, anyway. But I've heard nothing to make me think that service WILL have NES or SNES-type games on it, so there you go. To me, that makes the VC's almost-350 games (even with all the stinkers in the mix) worth more than 1000+ in the Game Room.

However, this is mostly conjecture at this point. MS hasn't given us enough concrete info about the Game Room to draw fair, logical conclusions yet. I'm reserving judgement for the time being.

A recent Retronauts podcast was debating if Microsoft's Gameroom would compete with the VC. They were very skeptical that Microsoft would find 1,000 titles for gameroom. So I will wait and hold my judgement on that service as well.

"Practice hospitality. bless and do not curse." Romans 12:13-14

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

189. Posted:

They probably assume there are enough major titles on the VC to accumulate enough points card sales to make a profit. Since most of the major titles are already available, they figure they don't need to add any more. Many of their major titles are third party, so it takes quite awhile to come to licensing agreements.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

190. Posted:

Due to the lack of an Virtual Console week, you would expect me to be one of it's biggest complainer. I'm going to be honest here. I really don't care. Why? Because there are already tons of games we already have for the service, plus I'm taking it easy on the VC and is planning on starting a Nintendo 64 collection soon.

Here's to hoping I can get some money soon so I can buy Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles. That game I've been wanting for like forever.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

razielnin

191. Posted:

Four words: Ogre Battle sixty-four.

razielnin

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

192. Posted:

Hold on, I already wrote a good comment for this somewhere and hopefully none of you are smart enough to offer as good a rebuttle as those in the other forum

I was really hoping we'd get something this week. Once again, VC continues to disappoint me, time and time again. No matter how low the bar is set, it always finds a way to slither under it. There's plenty out already, so I shouldn't be disappointed...yet to be honest, nothing that's out interests me as much as what has yet to appear, and I am unable to get anything else, for fear that I will be unable to obtain that which I have so long desired.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

193. Posted:

Tony wrote:

What do you think?

I think they are blowing smoke

Nintendo Life moderator and duck. Nintendo sux!

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

ShinRPGGamer

194. Posted:

lz2010 wrote:

Tony wrote:

What do you think?

I think they are blowing smoke

Your not the only one who thinks that

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

195. Posted:

The Game Room? 1000 retro titles? I believe they said they were only going to have 30 games, and most of them are the retro Arcade games already on the service. Still, considering the snail's pace the VC Arcade has been going at, now's the perfect time to capitalize on all those impatient retro fans, like me. At the very least, they promised to keep it updated regularly, just as they have with every other service on Xbox Market Place.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Sushie

196. Posted:

I have such an extensive back catalogue already, so it's nice to not have to come up with the money this week. I just bought Link to the Past, Soldier Blade, (my first shmup, i love it) and Tomena Sanner this past week, so I've got enough to keep me busy for the next bit.

A Fool and his Wii Points are easily parted.

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

197. Posted:

Due to the lack of notable titles being released to the VC lately, I've occasionally resorted to buying games at a local used video game store (not GameStop).

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage

Stuffgamer1

198. Posted:

@StarFox: Not GameStop goes without saying, seeing as they're the ONLY ones who don't carry older games (at least among those available semi-near my house).:P

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

199. Posted:

@Stuffgamer1: Well, even if we don't get something for VC, there's at least the chance that we'll get the next best thing, Wii No Ma. :)

TwilightV

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

200. Posted:

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=115238

Good? Bad? A little of both?

TwilightV