Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Next Neo Geo games to come on VC?

Showing 181 to 200 of 209

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

181. Posted:

Think Blazing Star might have not being released because of it being on Android.

unrandomsam

AuthorMessage

ogo79

182. Posted:

mexlost wrote:

Stop wishing, start buying. Who knows when it's gonna be over.

i just caught this...im the last person you need to tell that to

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

KingMike

183. Posted:

mexlost wrote:

Aldebaran wrote:

I have the impression the Wii and it's add ons like the Virtual Console (particularly the Neo Geo) still had much to offer but Nintendo killed to Wii on purpose to favor the Wii U.

Actually, they started with the N64, when GC was released it was Game Over for the N64, the GC was also killed when the Wii arrived. They did this to stop money loss from the failed preceding console, this time is the other way around, they are killing their successful preceding console to prevent further money loss from the failed current console.

Yes. While Nintendo of Japan produced Super Famicom games a couple years after the N64 was released (probably because Nintendo had a flash cart system up to sell the ROMs directly, and the N64 didn't sell as well), NoA stopped releasing new SNES games soon after the N64 (after the N64 was released in September 1996, NoA only released Street Fighter Alpha 2 in October, Donkey Kong Country 3 in November, Kirby's Dream Land 3 in December 1997 and Space Invaders and Arkanoid in 1998. Though I think I still saw SNES consoles and games on shelves until 1999.)
When the GameCube was released in November 2001, pretty sure the N64 was out of production by that holiday season. NoA's last first-party N64 game, Mario Party 3, was already out a few months.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Norik

184. Posted:

Just gimmie Garou and I'll be happy.

Add online play and EVERYONE in the FGC will buy it.

It's hard to free fools from the chains they revere.

AuthorMessage

mexlost

185. Posted:

Kirby's Dreamland 3 has a 1997 copyright, Timon & Pumbaa as well. In Japan one of the last was Rockman&Forte and has a 1998 copyright, so the SNES was alive 2 years after the N64 release and was still marketed in the US until 1998 and in Japan until 2004 I believe. The N64 has no games from 2002 and the GC has none from 2006 and apparently the Wii won't have games bearing a 2014 copyright.
Garou would be a nice addition, but I wish they'll release those that are available in Japan, Pulstar, Blazing Star, Kizuna Encounter, Waku Waku 7, Twinkle Star Sprites and many others, those just need some adjustments as they already run in the VC. ¿What's FGC?

Edited on by mexlost

mexlost

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

186. Posted:

I want more games, i don´t want Sengoku 3 be the last VC game. If Nintendo unify the VC with the eshop all sales will be increase easily 500% or more.

Wii U: edi_tena (please tell me you are from NintendoLife)
Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

AuthorMessage

OMC79

187. Posted:

I'm sending this email to D4:

To: info@d4e.co.jp

Subject: Wii Virtual Console games for North America/US region

Dear D4 Enterprises:

In the American Virtual Console of Neo-Geo, some games available in Japan are not present. I would like to have them in my region too, this is the list:

得点王 炎のリベロ/Ultimate 11
ブレイジングスター/Blazing Star
パルスター/Pulstar
ザ・スーパースパイ/The Super Spy
サッカーブロール/Soccer Brawl
ASOⅡ ~ラストガーディアン~/Alpha Mission II
神凰拳/Ragnagard
クロスソード/Crossed Swords
ティンクルスタースプライツ/Twinkle Star Sprites
リーグボウリング/League Bowling
風雲スーパータッグバトル/Kizuna Encounter
ジョイジョイキッド/Puzzled
風雲黙示録 ~格闘創世~/Savage Reign
ファイヤー・スープレックス/3 Count Bout
痛快GANGAN行進曲/Aggressors of Dark Kombat
キングオブザモンスターズ2/King of the Monsters 2
ラストリゾート/Last Resort
フライングパワーディスク/Windjammers
わくわく7/Waku Waku 7
ギャラクシーファイト/Galaxy Fight

Thanks.

I hope the readers of this forum could send a similar message so we could at least have the ones they have. I only skipped Stakes Winner (who wants Stakes Winner?).
Try not to use English that is too complex for them too understand, that's why I made my sentence a little short and used "are not .present". If you've seen translated announcements from Japanese companies, you'll understand.

OMC79

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

188. Posted:

I copy/pasted and send the e-mail. I added this sentence too:

"Also I want SNK vs Capcom Chaos and all KOF from 00 to 2003"

I hope more people do copy/paste and send the e-mail too.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

AuthorMessage

OMC79

189. Posted:

Thanks, I hope many others do the same so we can at least have the games the Japanese VC has. SVC Chaos is a little farfetched, but maybe the royalty fees for Capcom can be covered with an extra 200 Nintendo Points if D4 finds it worth it enough. Hopefully, if we show them we still want games, they'll do it.

DarkEdi wrote:

Gracias, ojala sigan tu ejemplo y por lo menos obtengamos los juegos que tienen en Japón, aunque a estas alturas dudo que incluyan juegos nuevos. También quisiera que todos los KOF estuvieran. El SVC podría ser un problema por Capcom pero quien sabe, quiza si en D4 ven que todavía puede ser redituable, este sea incluido aunque a un costo mayor.

OMC79

AuthorMessage

Aldebaran

190. Posted:

I am going to do the same maybe it works like with Sengoku 3 and Real Bout Fatal Fury 1

I will be adding the sentence asking for the rest of the KOF 00 - 03 games and SNK vs Capcom

DarkEdi wrote:

Voy a hacer lo mismo tal vez funcione como con Sengoku 3 y Real Bout Fatal Fury 1

Voy a añadir el renglón donde pido el resto de los juego de KOF 00 - 03 y el SNK vs Capcom

Edited on by Aldebaran

Aldebaran

Twitter: shoryuken39

AuthorMessage

Aldebaran

191. Posted:

Atariboy wrote:

SNES was marketed past 1998. The redesign didn't even hit until late 1997. If you look around, Nintendo has a sales chart out there breaking down games and consoles sold by year and region since the late 90's. A lot of Super Nintendo's were sold in North America after 1998. 1.43 million Super Nintendo's were sold worldwide in 1999 alone and the vast majority were here. As late as 2001, 70,000 Super Nintendo consoles and 90,000 cartridges were sold here and far smaller amounts elsewhere.

The last North American release was a 3rd party game. It was Frogger by Majesco, the licensee responsible for all those 3rd party reprints available in the late 1990's and early 2000's for the Super Nintendo with the black & white manuals and the precautions on the back of the cartridge being part of the plastic mold instead of a sticker that earlier games (And Nintendo's own Player's Choice rereleases from the late 90's) always had. And in Japan, Nintendo didn't release the last Super Famicom game until 2000 (While hardware and possibly game reprints for Japan lasted until 2003).

I would think that they're leaving money on the table by at least not bringing out most of those Neo Geo releases that Japan got. Windjammers for instance seems to be a commonly cited game by fans for a popular game outside of the Neo Geo's famous franchises like Metal Slug. I've never played it though since I discovered it had nothing to do with sailing ships like the name would suggest. :)

I remember an aggresive marketing campaign to promete and boost the SNES sales in my sad and humble country (Mexico) back in 1998 not sure if such sales counted in the North American market back in the day but they were quite impressive for a country with such an underdeveloped gaming culture back then. (People purchased lot of games but they prefered to go to the gray market - imported games or even pirate games instead of getting them with authorized distributors things has chnage a lot since then).

The SNES sales in Mexico in the period of 1996 - 1998 were so good that Nintendo through its authorized representative back then (Gamela) released an exclusive SNES console package with the Japanese version of Super Street Fighet II (better than the North American version) as a plus only for the Mexican market.

Particularly I remeber that in those years large retailer stores such as SEARS were offering quality SNES games at ridiculous affordable prices due Gamela pressure and marketing (Nintendo authorized representative in Mexico back then) . Let's say a brand new SNES game cost about 700 Mexican Pesos (about 70 USD) back in the day well after Gamela aggressive marketing campaign and sales those very same game could be found at about 200 Mexican Pesos (about 20 USD) aproximately if I remember correctly we are talking about factory sealed brand new SNES games.

I even saw cases in which some Mothers at SEARS purchased more than couple of SNES cartdriges for their kids due their ridiculous affordable prices when in the past those very same Mom's refused to purchase a single game to their kids due their prices. SEARS is a large retailer store similar to Wal Mart but it has presence only in North American Countries (Canada, US, Mexico).

I also saw a package of Virtual Boy games in which Gamela wanted to get rid of their stocks due the Virtual Boy failure and they realeased a special package with ALL of the Virtual Boy games that existed for about 300 Mexican Pesos (about 30 USD) sadly I didn't had a Virtual Boy back then.

Here's an 1998 of Club Nintendo Magazine in Mexico to promete SNES sales in which costumers could win a "date" to dinner with a Mexican lady called Maggie Heggie which was some sort of TV hostess in a TV show called "Nintendomania"

Untitled

Similar things are happening now with the Wii sales as we got recently Canada's exclusive Wii Mini in Red but bundled with Mario Kart Wii (unlike in the Canadian market), also Nintendo DS and Sony PSP sales remain somewhat strong as far as I know.

On an offtopic note I loved this N64 1998 TV ad:

http://youtu.be/KPi8ehbl9cU

When translated into Spanish that jingle bell parody song sound extremely funny:

"Navidad, navidad, santa me falló mis regalos son un fiasco nada me gustooooo, ropa interior CDs que no son y yo quería algún juego para mi Nintendo 64, el gran Zelda, Turok 2, o también South Park, Star Wars Rogue Squadron eran para mí! ♪ ♫ El south park vamos a compraaar ♪♫"

Edited on by Aldebaran

Aldebaran

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

192. Posted:

Yo quería cenar con Maggie, y a la fecha me sigue gustando. También recuerdo la canción navideña perfectamente en español.

I wanted to date Maggie, and today I like her a lot. I remember too the christmas song in perfect spanish. :)

AuthorMessage

Aldebaran

193. Posted:

DarkEdi wrote:

Yo quería cenar con Maggie, y a la fecha me sigue gustando. También recuerdo la canción navideña perfectamente en español.

I wanted to date Maggie, and today I like her a lot. I remember too the christmas song in perfect spanish. :)

El restaurante donde era la cena con Maggie estaba en D.F. y creo que ya no existe, gracias a la recomendación de Maggie en Nintendomanía yo compré Banjo Kazooie

The restaurant in which the dinner with Maggie took place was in D.F. and I think no longers exists, thanks to Maggie's recommendation on Nintendomania TV Show I purchased Banjo Kazooie back in the day

For non Spanish speakers D.F. means Mexico CIty similar like Washington D.C. is called sometimes just as "D.C." in Spanish the full name of Mexico City is : "México Distrito Federal" which is simplified as México D.F.

P.S. DarkEdi I wanted to send you a private message but I do not know how in these forums???

Edited on by Aldebaran

Aldebaran

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

194. Posted:

Atariboy wrote:

Nintendo of Europe is releasing that bundle as well.

Terrible bundle. The video output being only composite means it is a total waste of time. (Composite and RGB might have been ok cannot see that saves that much money.)

I can see why they made the rest of the choices but not that one. (Unless they deliberately want it to look awful.)

unrandomsam

AuthorMessage

ogo79

195. Posted:

Aldebaran wrote:

El restaurante

hey! that means restaurant!
like el-panic-o-restaurant for nes!
El restaurante del golden corral.
did i say that right?

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

196. Posted:

OMC79 and Aldebaran, I don´t know how to send private messages but you can add me to Wii U
My ID is: edi_tena

AuthorMessage

Aldebaran

197. Posted:

DarkEdi wrote:

OMC79 and Aldebaran, I don´t know how to send private messages but you can add me to Wii U

Thanks but I do not have Wii U yet .....

Aldebaran

AuthorMessage

Aldebaran

198. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

Aldebaran wrote:

El restaurante

hey! that means restaurant!
like el-panic-o-restaurant for nes!
El restaurante del golden corral.
did i say that right?

Yes very good !!!

Aldebaran

AuthorMessage

OMC79

199. Posted:

Aldebaran wrote:

DarkEdi wrote:

Thanks but I do not have Wii U yet .....

Me either. I wish Wii friend codes wouldn't have been gone along with WiiConnect, even the original XBOX Live lasted 4 years after the launch of the 360.
I'm waiting too see what happens after the launch of XBO and PS4, although I'm not planning to buy either, the WiiU could have a dramatic discount.
Poor Europeans, like they say right here at NintendoLife, the WiiMini is the console nobody wanted or asked for. The ones who get those, can't use our already crippled online services and apps.

OMC79

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

200. Posted:

The Wii mini is awful, it must cost 50 dlls no more.