Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Next Neo Geo games to come on VC?

Showing 161 to 180 of 209

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

161. Posted:

Great!! I want all my KOF collection. I downloaded KOF 94, later I bought Orochi Saga so I didn´t download any more games, later it came KOF 99 and I downloaded it because it isn´t on Orochi Saga and I want to download 00-01-02 and 03.

Great!!!

Wii U: edi_tena (please tell me you are from NintendoLife)
Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

AuthorMessage

Aldebaran

162. Posted:

DarkEdi wrote:

Great!! I want all my KOF collection. I downloaded KOF 94, later I bought Orochi Saga so I didn´t download any more games, later it came KOF 99 and I downloaded it because it isn´t on Orochi Saga and I want to download 00-01-02 and 03.

Great!!!

Just for 4 more KOF games to go (2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003) if they want to it sould be easy to realese them on VC (in case the rumour it's true).

My personal favorite is KOF 2000 (it was a rare gem on Neo Geo cartdriges back in the day) and also like KOF 2001 due it was the first game in which our lovely "paisana" : Angel entered the contest:

Untitled

Tizoc is also a "paisano" but he later entered in KOF 2003, KOF XI and Garou Mark of the Wolves

Edited on by Aldebaran

Aldebaran

Twitter: shoryuken39

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

163. Posted:

Angel is impressive, she competes with Mai in body :)

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

164. Posted:

The ones I want are MVS only. (Prehistoric Isle 2 / Strikers 1945 / Ganryu). Should mean they could be PAL60.

Been a total waste of time for me Neo Geo with the WIi VC (Don't like the emulation on the collections but I don't like 50hz on the Virtual Console).

More braindead than any of the other choices with 60hz though (As the Arcades were all 60hz which is more likely to be what people remember).

I might get an NTSC Wii if I can find one reasonably priced in the UK.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

165. Posted:

But I could just get an MVS board for £65.

AuthorMessage

Aldebaran

166. Posted:

unrandomsam wrote:

The ones I want are MVS only. (Prehistoric Isle 2 / Strikers 1945 / Ganryu). Should mean they could be PAL60.

Been a total waste of time for me Neo Geo with the WIi VC (Don't like the emulation on the collections but I don't like 50hz on the Virtual Console).

More braindead than any of the other choices with 60hz though (As the Arcades were all 60hz which is more likely to be what people remember).

Excuse me but how are is goingto work a NTSC (US) Wii on a PAL TV (UK) ??

Aldebaran

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

167. Posted:

(I would definitely do it if SNK sold their own multi cartridge. Don't get what difference it makes to them at this moment in time as they are getting nothing right now from those carts being sold used.)

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

168. Posted:

Europe will get NAM, so VC continues alive! :) I 'm waiting a new one to America this thursday too.

AuthorMessage

mexlost

169. Posted:

DarkEdi wrote:

Europe will get NAM, so VC continues alive! :) I 'm waiting a new one to America this thursday too.

For some reason, Europe gets the Neo Geo Games a couple of week after we get them here in NA. It's been over a month, I certainly hope they keep releasing them but I'm discouraged after the removal of the C64 ones. BTW, no one has confirmed the situation on these, I'm not even sure if it only happened in Mexico, I changed the country setting to US and I still get nothing. Can somebody tell me if I can still get them in another country setting in a North American console?
About the NG games, I hope they manage to put the Noise Factory ones, Rage of the Dragons and Matrimelee were not released in any console. (Power Instinct was in Japan but it was an updated version).

mexlost

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

170. Posted:

I also want Rage of the Dragons and Matrimelee.

AuthorMessage

Aldebaran

171. Posted:

mexlost wrote:

DarkEdi wrote:

For some reason, Europe gets the Neo Geo Games a couple of week after we get them here in NA. It's been over a month, I certainly hope they keep releasing them but I'm discouraged after the removal of the C64 ones. BTW, no one has confirmed the situation on these, I'm not even sure if it only happened in Mexico, I changed the country setting to US and I still get nothing. Can somebody tell me if I can still get them in another country setting in a North American console?
About the NG games, I hope they manage to put the Noise Factory ones, Rage of the Dragons and Matrimelee were not released in any console. (Power Instinct was in Japan but it was an updated version).

They released Sengoku 3 which is a Noise Factory game

Aldebaran

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

172. Posted:

Aldebaran wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

Excuse me but how are is goingto work a NTSC (US) Wii on a PAL TV (UK) ??

PAL TV's take PAL and NTSC these days and have done for a long time.

(Not sure that it is even classed as PAL and NTSC unless it is connected via RF).

(Going to connect the NTSC one with svideo and the current one with RGB Scart like it is).

I had it connected via component to an LCD TV but I didn't like it especially for old games.

Obviously when I get a Wii U I will connect it to an LCD TV (Or maybe a low latency monitor depends how well it works and how expensive it is to have one at a size that I find reasonable).

Dunno whether I will use a converter for the plug or just get another UK PSU. (They are all in terms of components identical across regions all Wii's of the same type. Only difference is software).

AuthorMessage

mexlost

173. Posted:

I know Sengoku 3 was made by Noise Factory, that's why their games came to mind. However, it was a Noise Factory game of an SNK franchise.
It would be interesting how they would manage the release of KOF 2K1 and 2K2, IF they EVER do it. Would they change K9999 for Nameless?
That PAL/NTSC thing was so off-topic. It's not only the TV system, which is pretty irrelevant if you use HDMI or Component, You also have to deal with region lock, voltage differences and probably, IP blocking. In Europe you had more games and with the tardy NG releases, it looks like your Wii Shop Channel is still alive, I don't think is that worthy all the time and money you'll spend for an American console, you still have the C64!

mexlost

AuthorMessage

mexlost

174. Posted:

In my opinion, the time for asking, rather wishing, for the next Neo Geo game is over. It's time to buy like crazy, who knows for how long they will still be there.

mexlost

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

175. Posted:

mexlost wrote:

I know Sengoku 3 was made by Noise Factory, that's why their games came to mind. However, it was a Noise Factory game of an SNK franchise.
It would be interesting how they would manage the release of KOF 2K1 and 2K2, IF they EVER do it. Would they change K9999 for Nameless?
That PAL/NTSC thing was so off-topic. It's not only the TV system, which is pretty irrelevant if you use HDMI or Component, You also have to deal with region lock, voltage differences and probably, IP blocking. In Europe you had more games and with the tardy NG releases, it looks like your Wii Shop Channel is still alive, I don't think is that worthy all the time and money you'll spend for an American console, you still have the C64!

These Neo Geo games only worth properly in 480i look like absolute junk on an LCD and have input lag. (I can get one for £50-60) then get maybe $200 worth of games I want and play them properly on a CRT. (Rather have that than a Wii U by miles). The money is not the issue I already have a VPS in America. If I buy it from that through my VPN it won't be a problem. (I use the same thing for US Netflix if I want to watch something only on the US version).

There is no universe I would ever want to play Neo Geo not on a CRT. (I stopped plugging my Wii into my LCD when I realised it looked and worked much better on a CRT).

Connecting both Wii's to one CRT will be ideal.

It is relevant because the games run awful on any of the other Wii compilations or the PS3 Neo Geo section. (Or the few on XBLA).

The only choices are there is a few on the Saturn that are good ports but that is an expensive choice.
Neo Geo CD (Quite a few of the best ones like Metal Slug X and 3 don't exist).
Neo Geo AES (Astronomically expensive).
Neo Geo MVS (Annoying to deal with maybe ok if you have lots of space. Or make a consolised version or buy one).
Wii (Very accurate emulation - total waste of time on PAL consoles - sort of usable if you use triforce to force ntsc every time but then you are limited to composite and cable swapping which is not acceptable to me).

Depends on what is worth anything to you.

The whole thing will cost me (US Wii + Games) about as much as a bare neo geo cd with no games or the minimum for MVS + The parts to make a supergun and joysticks. Dunno about Saturn (Only other good version of the first Metal Slug).

Its certainly a reasonable option unless the cost of an NTSC Wii in the UK has gone up massively since I last checked. (Either way I will have something sorted fairly soon. The money is not really the issue at all).

AuthorMessage

Aldebaran

176. Posted:

I have the impression the Wii and it's add ons like the Virtual Console (particularly the Neo Geo) still had much to offer but Nintendo killed to Wii on purpose to favor the Wii U.

When the SNES was out they still supported the NES for a while, the same happened with the SNES and N64 but it didn't happen this time with the Wii - Wii U

Aldebaran

AuthorMessage

ogo79

177. Posted:

mutation nation anyone?

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

mexlost

178. Posted:

Aldebaran wrote:

I have the impression the Wii and it's add ons like the Virtual Console (particularly the Neo Geo) still had much to offer but Nintendo killed to Wii on purpose to favor the Wii U.

Actually, they started with the N64, when GC was released it was Game Over for the N64, the GC was also killed when the Wii arrived. They did this to stop money loss from the failed preceding console, this time is the other way around, they are killing their successful preceding console to prevent further money loss from the failed current console.

mexlost

AuthorMessage

mexlost

179. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

mutation nation anyone?

D4 is the responsible for releasing the games, the Japanese VC have some games skipped because they (foolishly) think they had no chance en the NA market. Soccer games, shooters and games with too much anime-style graphics were skipped. Other than that, they are up-to-date, no upcoming games have been announced, Sengoku 3/Sengoku Legends 2001 is the last one in all regions so far.
Stop wishing, start buying. Who knows when it's gonna be over.

Edited on by mexlost

mexlost

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

180. Posted:

Got an NTSC wii for £50.

Metal Slug X seems very laggy though dunno whether I will continue buying stuff for it or not.