Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Next Neo Geo games to come on VC?

Showing 141 to 160 of 209

AuthorMessage

Aldebaran

141. Posted:

Mmmm usually a new Neo Geo game was added to Japanese Wii Virtual Console in a montly basis, however this last month (May) no new game was added:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/vc/neogeo.html

Too bad I still wish Garou Mark of the Wolves arrive to the Virtual Console (despite I have it on XBLA)

Aldebaran

Twitter: shoryuken39

AuthorMessage

ogo79

142. Posted:

keep in mind you said you have mark of the wolves already, and focus on sengoku 3, the one you dont have and really want.
its time to give thanks!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Aldebaran

143. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

keep in mind you said you have mark of the wolves already, and focus on sengoku 3, the one you dont have and really want.
its time to give thanks!

Indeed you are quite right on that but still it would be nice to have all games on Virtual Console that pushed Neo Geo capabilities (Last Blade 2, GOMW and Sengoku 3).

Mark of the Wolves is overall an excellent game and those who don't own a Xbox 360 (or a PS2) deserve to play it

Aldebaran

AuthorMessage

SparkOfSpirit

144. Posted:

Maybe they're moving over to the Wii-U? I hope so anyway.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage

ogo79

145. Posted:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/dXZAjIokWwgYT2wjjubfpQB4...
sengoku 3

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Aldebaran

146. Posted:

I've checked my Samurai Shodown Anthology game collection and I've looked at Samurai Shodown IV and the blood there is red and there is no censorship (you can even cult in a half some opponents with a final move). I think there was a guy here saying SSIV was censored or something like that, maybe in his country/region it was?

Aldebaran

AuthorMessage

SparkOfSpirit

147. Posted:

Sengoku 3 is awesome!

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage

Aldebaran

148. Posted:

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

Sengoku 3 is awesome!

Sengoku 3 is considered by many (including myself) one of the best 2D beat em ups of all time plus the game really pushed Neo Geo capabilities (like Last Blade 2 or GMOTW).

Too bad back in the day never arrived to home consoles other than Neo Geo and to make things worst the number of gamepacks were quite limited fortunately is now on Virtual Console

Edited on by Aldebaran

Aldebaran

AuthorMessage

Ryno

149. Posted:

Cannot wait to try out Sengoku 3.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Aldebaran

150. Posted:

I've sent this email to D4 Enterprises:

To: info@d4e.co.jp
Subject: Garou: Mark of the Wolves Wii Virtual Console (餓狼 MARK OF THE WOLVES)

Dear D4 Enterprises

I kindly suggest you to release SNK's Garou: Mark of the Wolves ((餓狼 MARK OF THE WOLVES) on the Wii's Virtual Console (for all regions Japan, North America and Europe). Garou: Mark of the Wolves was considered by many as the best fighting game in Neo Geo's game collection and it is overall an excellent game.

Thank you very much in advance for considering this modest but serious suggestion.

Aldebaran

AuthorMessage

Aldebaran

151. Posted:

There's a little mistake on Sengoku's 3 channel start screen, it says the game was released in 1991 but it wasn't it is a 2001 game

Aldebaran

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

152. Posted:

Do you recommend Sengoku 3 and to forget 1 and 2? or do you recommend to download the complete trilogy?

Wii U: edi_tena (please tell me you are from NintendoLife)
Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

AuthorMessage

Aldebaran

153. Posted:

DarkEdi wrote:

Do you recommend Sengoku 3 and to forget 1 and 2? or do you recommend to download the complete trilogy?

Sengoku 3 is a must have, you can also download Sengoku 2 if you are curious it is an OK game (not as excellent as the third but good enough).

Make sure you avoid Sengoku 1 by all means necessary

Aldebaran

AuthorMessage

apowes

154. Posted:

Aldebaran wrote:

I've checked my Samurai Shodown Anthology game collection and I've looked at Samurai Shodown IV and the blood there is red and there is no censorship (you can even cult in a half some opponents with a final move). I think there was a guy here saying SSIV was censored or something like that, maybe in his country/region it was?

Hi, that was me, in the VC Recommendation thread.

I was referring to SamSho IV on the Virtual Console, not the Anthology. After finding the white blood in the Virtual Console version, I now wish that I had bought the Anthology.

It is a mystery why SamSho II on the Virtual Console is uncensored, while SamSho IV is censored.

apowes

AuthorMessage

Aldebaran

155. Posted:

apowes wrote:

Aldebaran wrote:

Hi, that was me, in the VC Recommendation thread.

I was referring to SamSho IV on the Virtual Console, not the Anthology. After finding the white blood in the Virtual Console version, I now wish that I had bought the Anthology.

It is a mystery why SamSho II on the Virtual Console is uncensored, while SamSho IV is censored.

Hi
If possible to to get the Samurai Shodown Anthology it is a very well done and fancy game collection, it includes 6 Samurai Shodown (1 - 6) in one disc and these days it has a ridiculous cheap price.

Remember it is fully compatible with the classic controller pro (unlike metal slug anthology) so it's more bang for your buck.

Aldebaran

AuthorMessage

apowes

156. Posted:

Aldebaran wrote:

Hi
If possible to to get the Samurai Shodown Anthology it is a very well done and fancy game collection, it includes 6 Samurai Shodown (1 - 6) in one disc and these days it has a ridiculous cheap price.

Remember it is fully compatible with the classic controller pro (unlike metal slug anthology) so it's more bang for your buck.

Yup. I actually spend a long time deciding whether to get the Anthology or to get the VC versions.

I decided to get the VC versions because I read that the Anthology has a mandatory "soft filter" graphics smoothing applied to the visuals, which cannot be disabled. I desired the sharper, unfiltered graphics of the VC releases.

Had I known that some of the VC releases were censored, I would have definitely bought the Anthology.

apowes

AuthorMessage

Aldebaran

157. Posted:

apowes wrote:

Aldebaran wrote:

Hi

Yup. I actually spend a long time deciding whether to get the Anthology or to get the VC versions.

I decided to get the VC versions because I read that the Anthology has a mandatory "soft filter" graphics smoothing applied to the visuals, which cannot be disabled. I desired the sharper, unfiltered graphics of the VC releases.

Had I known that some of the VC releases were censored, I would have definitely bought the Anthology.

The only game missing in the VC would be Samura Shodown 6 since it was no longer programmed for the Neo Geo (like KOF XI or Neo Geo Battle Coliseum) and I guess KOF 94 Rebout

Here's a nice 2008 of SNK Playmore about such collections:

http://www.gamespot.com/snk-arcade-classics-vol-1/videos/gdc-...

Edited on by Aldebaran

Aldebaran

AuthorMessage

ogo79

158. Posted:

DarkEdi wrote:

the major problem i have with sengoku 2 is the characters you switch into are unbalanced. in other words, youll find yourself using the main character the most.

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

doady

159. Posted:

apowes wrote:

Whatever you read was wrong. There is absolutely no "soft filter" in Samurai Shodown Anthology, unless you count the reuse of old character sprites blurred to better match the hi-res backgrounds of Samurai Shodown VI, which is just the way the game is supposed to be (unfortunately).

doady

AuthorMessage

Aldebaran

160. Posted:

This could be not accurate and until Nintendo JP's confirms it or not we should not give anything for granted

According to the Japanese wikia of the Virtual Console, all Neo Geo King of Fighters games (94 - 2003) are/were expected be realesed on Wii VC sometime in the future:

ザ・キング・オブ・ファイターズ

http://www21.atwiki.jp/nintendo_vc/pages/345.html

Edited on by Aldebaran

Aldebaran