Forums

Topic: If this game can be on the virtual console,

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

the_shpydar

Umm, okay. What about the music? Doesn't sound especially familiar to me, nor has it since i first played it way back when. Am i missing something?

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

It sounds like Wipe Out by the Surfaris.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

SuperDude95

the+shpydar wrote:

Umm, okay. What about the music? Doesn't sound especially familiar to me, nor has it since i first played it way back when. Am i missing something?

The song in level 1 sounds similar to the song that plays when you fight New Age Retro Hippies...
@Gaming Addict
Yes I already know about that.

SuperDude95

the_shpydar

StarFox wrote:

It sounds like Wipe Out by the Surfaris.

Umm, no. It doesn't.

And even if it did, the long-since gone, one hit wonders The Surfaris =/= The Beatles (the reason for Earthbound's trouble) in terms of litigiousness.

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

the_shpydar

I'm sorry, no. It does not sound like Wipe Out, at least not beyond the basic 12-bar-blues structure, which is the foundation of virtually every modern rock song.

The Shpydarloggery

theblackdragon

It's similar in that it's the same general style of music, but that's it. the dudes who did Wipe Out don't hold the copyright to all music done in the same style, lol... there's no violation here.

edit: what the shpydar said, lol

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

grenworthshero

That's a VERY common blues chord progression, used in a lot of different songs. There were a lot of "surfer bands" who used that same walking bass line in many of their songs; it's not like the composer is ripping anything off, other than trying to emulate that style of music. The melody doesn't sound at all familiar to me.

EDIT: shypdar already said pretty much what I was trying to say, so...that.

Edited on by grenworthshero

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Pepe

NES:

1. Megaman 5
2. Megaman 6
3. B-Wings
4. Batman
5. Popeye
6. Legendary Wings
7. Jackal
8. Cabal
9. Contra Force
10. Chip n’ Dale Rescue Rangers
11. Battletoads
12. Paperboy
13. Base Wars
14. R.C. Pro Am
15. Final Fantasy
16. Final Fantasy II
17. Final Fantasy III
18. Bomberman
19. Track & Field 2
20. Yie Ar Kung-Fu
21. Kung Fu
22. Super Spike V’Ball
23. King of the Beach
24. Skate or Die
25. Caveman Games
26. M.U.S.C.L.E.
27. Joust
28. Monster Party
29. Adventure Island II
30. Adventure Island III
31. Circus Charlie
32. Arkanoid
33. Warpman
34. Earthbound Zero
35. Rollergames
36. T & C Surf Designs

SNES:

1. Megaman X
2. Megaman X2
3. Megaman X3
4. The Lost Vikings
5. The Lost Vikings 2
6. Capcom’s Soccer Shootout
7. Top Gear 2
8. Yoshi’s Island
9. Dino City
10. Joe & Mac
11. Chrono Trigger
12. Star Fox
13. Killer Instinct
14. Mortal Kombat
15. Mortal Kombat 2
16. Mortal Kombat 3
17. Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse
18. NBA Jam Tournament Edition

Pepe

LzWinky

Simple. Earthbound is forbidden by intergalatic law to be on the Virtual console

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Philip_J_Reed

For comparison's sake:
[youtube:T1fwadTZxhc]
[youtube:UofdWQG346k]

So.

um...

...yeah.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Sean_Aaron

Having watched Chicken's videos I can confirm that the two songs are identical - amazing what they could do on the NES back in the day!

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

First twenty seconds: Wipe Out
Second twenty seconds: something else (from the fifties?)

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

jkrguitar

Sean+Aaron wrote:

Having watched Chicken's videos I can confirm that the two songs are identical - amazing what they could do on the NES back in the day!

Are you serious? Not even close. The renegade music on that one screen is just a simple cheesy blues progression....very generic really hate to even call it blues. There's a million songs like that, as well as a billion kids starting out on the guitar playing the same things in their bedrooms every day lol...the melody doesn't even sound the same.

agree with grenworthshero, spot on.

Edited on by jkrguitar

The truck have started to move!

LzWinky

jkrguitar wrote:

Sean+Aaron wrote:

Are you serious? Not even close. The renegade music on that one screen is just a simple cheesy blues progression....very generic really hate to even call it blues. There's a million songs like that, as well as a billion kids starting out on the guitar playing the same things in their bedrooms every day lol...the melody doesn't even sound the same.

I think he was being sarcastic. Honestly, EB is not on the VC because no one gives a crap about that developer, but Nintendo is a big company with lots of money waiting to be taken from them

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

jkrguitar

lz2010 wrote:

jkrguitar wrote:

Sean+Aaron wrote:

I think he was being sarcastic. Honestly, EB is not on the VC because no one gives a crap about that developer, but Nintendo is a big company with lots of money waiting to be taken from them

I don't really care about the game........like at all lol:) Wasn't trying to be snippy at all to Sean, I really hope you weren't serious lol..I wonder the same thing about the thread..... shpydar called it.

The truck have started to move!

Philip_J_Reed

StarFox wrote:

First twenty seconds: Wipe Out
Second twenty seconds: something else (from the fifties?)

First 20 seconds: definitely not Wipe Out
Second 20 seconds: 20 more seconds of something that sounds absolutely nothing like Wipe Out
Third 20 seconds: OMG TOTALLY WIPE OUT

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

MasterGraveheart

Honestly, I don't think ANY of the music in EarthBound sounds anything like the music siad to be infringed upon and that the whole Starmen report is bogus, for more than that reason. (Hello? FANSITE?! Not exactly reliable with inside info, y'know...)

There is no good excuse for EarthBound NOT to be out on Virtual Console right now, unless Nintendo is still gunshy from their first attempt at a North American release... Japan, on the other hand, is a bit perplexing, unless people just don't wanna bother with it anymore.

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.