Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Gauntlet games for the virtual console

Showing 1 to 17 of 17

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link2past

1. Posted:

Do you think we will get any of the gauntlet games ever

Link2past

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SwerdMurd

2. Posted:

@Link - I know one of them is on the PSN...I wanna say it's Gauntlet 2; given that, however, there might be some licensing issues...

But yeah--direct answer--no idea

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. http://www.vintagegames.us

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

3. Posted:

Werent they owned by Midway??? If thats the case it might be a problem since Midway went bankrupt last year so who knows who owns the rights now. But I would like to see Gauntlet come to the VC.

RED WARRIOR NEEDS FOOD BADLY!!!!!

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

StuffyStuff

4. Posted:

I have a Gauntlet question too. Did anyone ever use the Archer? I found him useless. I'd much rather take a Warrior or a Valkryie to a fight than a little sissy Archer.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage
Avatar

vio

5. Posted:

Warner Bros. likely owns the rights to Gauntlet now and seeing as they won't even release the extremely popular Mortal Kombat games on VC, I wouldn't get my hopes up for any Gauntless releases.

vio

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

6. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

I have a Gauntlet question too. Did anyone ever use the Archer? I found him useless. I'd much rather take a Warrior or a Valkryie to a fight than a little sissy Archer.

You mean Elf. And yes, all the time. I hated using Warrior, too damn slow. In the glory days of 4-person sessions in the arcade, it'd either be Valkyrie or Elf for me.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 25 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 13 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

7. Posted:

I lost so so so many hours in Gauntlet Legends multiplayer. My brothers and I got it for Christmas one year, and basically played it from start to finish by New Year's Day.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

StuffyStuff

8. Posted:

the shpydar wrote:

StuffyStuff wrote:

I have a Gauntlet question too. Did anyone ever use the Archer? I found him useless. I'd much rather take a Warrior or a Valkryie to a fight than a little sissy Archer.

You mean Elf. And yes, all the time. I hated using Warrior, too damn slow. In the glory days of 4-person sessions in the arcade, it'd either be Valkyrie or Elf for me.

Thanks for the correction. It's been years since I played that game. I have it on the Dreamcast but never play it because that game is a mandatory multi-player in my mind.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HolyMackerel

9. Posted:

Oh man, Gauntlet Legends was awesome. Forgot about that game until just now. I had the Dreamcast version.

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

10. Posted:

Gauntlet Legends and Gauntlet Dark Legacy might be the only games where co-op is required if you want to have fun.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

11. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Gauntlet Legends and Gauntlet Dark Legacy might be the only games where co-op is required if you want to have fun.

Yeah, the game's are both wayyyy too simple to be fun by yourself, but in co-op, beating down massive swarms of enemies (I liked how the games scaled up in enemy numbers the more people that played), they really shine.

And it was local co op that was the fun. I dunno if Gauntlet would work online.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

12. Posted:

There is a game like Gauntlet on the VC: It's called Dungeon Explorer (600pts - Turbografx).

It has a 5-player-co-op mode. The gameplay is like the original Gauntlet - plus an adventure/RPG-like overworld, stats system and story.

To save your progress it uses a very unique and cool system: Everytime your party wins a stage, it generates a new password for EACH player. So you can combine a group of characters at any time.

Edited on by SKTTR

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ogo79

13. Posted:

SKTTR wrote:

There is a game like Gauntlet on the VC: It's called Dungeon Explorer (600pts - Turbografx).

It has a 5-player-co-op mode. The gameplay is like the original Gauntlet - plus an adventure/RPG-like overworld, stats system and story.

To save your progress it uses a very unique and cool system: Everytime your party wins a stage, it generates a new password for EACH player. So you can combine a group of characters at any time.

this looks cool, ill be watching it on youtube soon, theres a sequel too for the same system

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingMike

14. Posted:

I might be interested if Hudson is ever able to release the Sega CD version.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage
Avatar

simonbelmont82

15. Posted:

i want gauntlet legends 64

erik tree beard

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

16. Posted:

I wouldn't want these games. The first on NES was OK (Tengen version) But I couldn't stand the second one for numerous reasons (Muffled voices, glitchy rooms, ETC)

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SparkOfSpirit

17. Posted:

I prefer the 3D ones, actually. I would hope WB eventually gets around to re-releases.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton