Forums

Topic: Example of what is wrong with the VC

Posts 121 to 140 of 148

SKTTR

WaveBoy wrote:

Here's a fine example, releasing Contra II: Super C and not the original.....What kind of bogus whacked out logic is that? For me, Super C doesn't pack the same outstanding punch like the original did when it came to the creative level design, the Boss battles, the soundtrack, difficulty/challenge, nor was it even close to begin as memorable. And we all know those first person in-base stages destroyed the over the top head gameplay in Contra II....Right? RIGHT!?

Anyways, Konami is doing a poor job at trying to pump out their classics.....it takes forever, it will be the year 3000 before we even get Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, Contra: Hardcorps, while i guarantee the original Contra won't even see the light of day.....So screw it, I'm going to snag myself a copy off eBay next week. I'm suprised i don't have one of my favorite Nes games of all time in my collection.

I had it CIB when i was a kid as a vacation gift straight from Gods wonderland aka Hawaii.

Rondo of Blood is available on VC.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

WiiAboutU

@SKTTR That's the only reply you have for @WaveBoy's post? (<: lol

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

mikemustbebored

Even tho me and my wife have had our Wii for a few years now I only just recently purchased my 1st vc title. Here's my view coming from someone who hasn't been purchasing vc titles since launch. The current collection is pretty decent but has numerous flaws. The biggest flaw imo is cost/value. For example, It's tough to justify a $9 purchase for a neo-geo title when you can easily pick-up Neo Geo Arcade classics for less than $20. I have it for the ps2 and I believe it came out for the Wii as well. That game will provide you with almost every title that has been released on the vc for neo geo. That disk even has Super Sidekicks 3 which has yet to be released on the vc.

The only value that I see on the vc are the tg16 titles but my reasons are purely personal. #1, i've always been intrigued by the tg16 console and would've loved to own one back in the day but I wasn't brave enough to venture away from the nes/snes pact. #2 is related to the example I provided with regard to the neo geo. Many of the vc titles for each system have been re-released in some shape of form previously in a much more cost effective manner. This is especially true with the genesis and c64. The snes vc catalog is decent but I still have many of my old carts so there isn't much value for me there but that's just me. The vc releases for the N64 could be better also but I can't argue the value there... $10 for a n64 title is pretty good but I've stayed away from them becuase even tho I finally purchased a classic controller I can't imagine using it on most n64 games except for maybe a relly simple game like Mario Tennis or something. I still love hooking up my N64 during the holidays when my old high school buddies come over to play the old aki wrestling games! Those games will likely never be released on the vc due to licensing but imagine playing those games with the classic controller or gamecube controller!?! Not happening...

Edited on by mikemustbebored

mikemustbebored

WiiAboutU

I guess there's no releases for WiiWare or Wii VC this week. I hope there's a chance for something good next week.

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

komicturtle

There's lots of games on VC that I want but don't have yet... So, the lacking VC updates isn't affecting me greatly as others...

komicturtle

WiiAboutU

komicturtle92 wrote:

There's lots of games on VC that I want but don't have yet... So, the lacking VC updates isn't affecting me greatly as others...

I'm not saying there are no good games available. I've just mentioned how I feel there are a lot of titles that we should've already received. Compared to a lot of the titles that we have. And Superman was requested secretly to get you guys mad, lol. But I was serious about the rest of those games and would stand behind them.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

komicturtle

I have no problem with more games. It's just this isn't a huge deal for me. I would hope Nintendo gets Earthbound Zero and Earthbound on VC at some point here, but that's really the only two games I consider important to me. Oh, and there should be more N64 games- out of everything else, that's bothersome to me.

And did you hear about Harvest Moon 64 and how it's apparently "difficult" to bring over to VC? That's just... a sad excuse.

komicturtle

WiiAboutU

I think I did read something small about that somewhere? I would love to see Earthbound too.

Gamesake

Bass_X0 wrote:

What annoys me most about the Virtual Console was that companies decided to release their crappy games in some cases when they had better games in their catalog that still haven't been released on the Virtual Console.

The VC didn't really live up to it's full potential, did it? It could have had more Japan only titles translated too. But Nintendo not wanting to go the extra mile isn't exactly an example of what's wrong with the VC.

A good example of what is wrong with the VC are the prices for VC downloads. I'm thinking about downloading a 2008 racing game called GRID on STEAM today for 5 dollars, while Nintendo believes a 1985 Zelda game holds the same value (maybe sentimental value).

...in my pants.

Bass_X0

Oh, it pays to look around for cheaper points cards online.

Normally it costs me £14 for 2000 points by credit card in the wii shop iself but I saw a 2000 points card for £11.50 on play.com with free shipping. Not a huge saving but a saving nonetheless.

http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/3271513/Official-Nintendo-Wi...

Codes can be sent by e-mail or text if you want.

Edited on by Bass_X0

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

WiiAboutU

@Bass_XO In North America it runs us 1¢ per point on the WiiShop channel. That card you found on play.com would almost be like a 50% discount for us. I checked out that card you were talking about @BassXO. It said something about it being Official UK Nintendo stock. So wouldn't that points code only work for a Wii from that region? If not there was an option to have the code emailed. Hey @BassXO you wouldn't happen to know @my_point_is would you? He's a Wii friend of mine that I converse with from the UK. Hey @SKTTR I'm part German, my last name is Lobel in Germany. Not the same in the United States?

Edited on by WiiAboutU

SKTTR

WiiAboutU wrote:

Hey @SKTTR I'm part German, my last name is Lobel in Germany. Not the same in the United States?

I'm part German too, und ich hab keine Ahnung wovon du grad spichst.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

WiiAboutU

SKTTR wrote:

WiiAboutU wrote:

Hey @SKTTR I'm part German, my last name is Lobel in Germany. Not the same in the United States?

I'm part German too, und ich hab keine Ahnung wovon du grad spichst.

Sorry I never picked up "Successfully Learning German." lol

FonistofCruxis

WiiAboutU wrote:

komicturtle92 wrote:

I'm not saying there are no good games available. I've just mentioned how I feel there are a lot of titles that we should've already received. Compared to a lot of the titles that we have. And Superman was requested secretly to get you guys mad, lol. But I was serious about the rest of those games and would stand behind them.

Were you joking about Fester's quest too or do you actually want that for some odd reason?

Link79

Why did Breath of Fire 2 get released but not the original?
What's the deal with Double Dragon coming to VC but no others?
I want Double Dragon 2 dammit!
Oh and for gods sake why can't we have the Original Contra?

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

cheetahman91

Yeah the fact that the original Contra hasn't been released yet is pretty weird. Don't care if we get Hard Cops or not though because we'll get the American version which is pretty much impossible. Believe it or not, the Japanese version had a life bar which made the game less impossible. I would gladly pay an extra 100 points for a life bar and a little bit of text I can't read.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

LordTendoboy

Link79 wrote:

Why did Breath of Fire 2 get released but not the original?
What's the deal with Double Dragon coming to VC but no others?
I want Double Dragon 2 dammit!
Oh and for gods sake why can't we have the Original Contra?

Or the original Dragon Warrior / Quest games. They were never released outside of Japan, and having them on the VC would introduce new players to the franchise.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.