Forums

Topic: Earthbound for VC

Posts 141 to 147 of 147

CanisWolfred

Why would it be rediculous? Nintendo has no obligation to support the download section of a Console they no longer sell.

But yeah, they specifically said Wii U Virtual console, IIRC.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ogo79

@Electricmastro i hope by now everyone has seen that commercial lol
@DarkEdward, of all people, didnt you tell everyone to "just play another game" awhile back? and now youre complaining more than anyone everywhere about this game probably not coming to wii and wii u?
just play another game.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Aldebaran

CanisWolfred wrote:

Why would it be rediculous? Nintendo has no obligation to support the download section of a Console they no longer sell.

But yeah, they specifically said Wii U Virtual console, IIRC.

Wii Virtual console was a great idea to get classic titles legally and somehow at affordable prices, IIRC Iwata said it was the Itunes of Nintendo however I have the impression Nintendo started to kill the Wii and associated services (like VC) in a premature way in order to support Wii U sales. Probably not the best idea as the Wii VC can easily get along with Wii U VC since the Wii has large established user base unlike the Wii U which hasn't performed well in sales.

IIRC When the Super Nintendo appeared Nintendo continued to support the NES for sometime the same happened when the SNES was replaced by the N64 and so on but this time Nintendo dumped the Wii immediately t after the Wii U appeared. From a Business perspective I think that was a bad decision take the example of Sony and the PS2 instead of dumping the console right after the PS3 appeared, Sony continued to support the PS2 and took advantage of the large established user base of the console until recently suspended the production of PS2 more than 10 years later it first appeared.

Nintendo Network ID: Aldebaran20

Tasuki

Nintendo said awhile ago that they are stopping support in the Wii themselves. The last game Nintendo did was the Kirby Anniversary Collection. I am taking in account that goes for VC as well which would make sense since it seems the only ones supporting VC on the Wii is Neo Geo. So I wouldn't expect Earthbound to come to the Wii VC. Besides what better way for Nintendo to move some Wii Us than by offering Earthbound on the Wii U VC.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

KingMike

But VC games are pretty much just a ROM and emulator together. If Nintendo can do it for WiiU, it shouldn't really require much effort to put up a Wii VC release.

KingMike

Geonjaha

KingMike wrote:

But VC games are pretty much just a ROM and emulator together. If Nintendo can do it for WiiU, it shouldn't really require much effort to put up a Wii VC release.

It's not about whether or not they can do it.
It's about whether or not they will do it. [Spoiler: They wont]
They have no reason to release the game on the Wii VC as well as the Wii U - most fans who are interested in buying the game have a Wii U or have more incentive to now get one. It's not like sales of the game on the Wii would have been a significant gain.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

DarkEdi

But all Wii U VC games are "ports" of the ones available in Wii VC.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.