Forums

Topic: Earthbound for VC

Posts 121 to 140 of 147

TheDreamingHawk

KingMike wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Personally, for some reason we haven't gotten the japanese versions of FF II and III on NES, and V on the SNES, NA hasn't gotten devil world for a mysterious reason, and DR mario is nowhere in sight. What's happening to the big shots?

[/div]

[/div]

The only official version of FFII is an Engrish prototype version (created for Summer CES '91, but Square canceled the game before getting the text up to quality standards). Since that never came out, of course they never worked on III.
Who knows how far FFV SNES got along in its official translation (first as FFIII, then as FF Xtreme when Square resumed it after releasing FFVI), and then as FFV for a canceled PC version that was announced around the same time as FFVII (and I think a couple other SNES-to-PC ports that I remember reading were announced but never came out either, like Secret of Mana).
Devil World isn't released in NA because Nintendo fears a backlash from Christians who would vocally oppose its mild tastelessness. Dr. Mario isn't released because there's a WiiWare version.

EU has Devil World, and I don't believe that having a few sticks and books in a game would offend anyone (It's 8-bit, and thankfully it isn't as offensive as Splatterhouse was to me).

And what I mean is the EXACT Japanese version, with no english. Puyo Puyo II is on the wii VC with no english, along with a Do re mi game. It would be at least nice to have some Japan only games.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

zelda_4_life

earthbound was a waste of time to play

UN-FIX MAKA WUHU

Ryno

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

You know, Wave Race 64 had advertisements removed, and that would take just as much effort as EB. I think it's Itoi, but we don't know.

Multiple VC games have been modified so it’s not a case of Nintendo not wanting to do the work. Let me quote the wise ogo.

ogo79 wrote:

here let me quote myself again...

ogo79 wrote:

that is an idea although its going to be a little hard to convince shigesato itoi to agree, as he said there would be no altering allowed to it.

that is your reason, in a nutshell.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

e-love

zelda_4_life wrote:

Keep kidding yourself.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

KingMike

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

EU has Devil World, and I don't believe that having a few sticks and books in a game would offend anyone (It's 8-bit, and thankfully it isn't as offensive as Splatterhouse was to me).

But in America, it's different. I've read some people once freaked out over a limited-run Dr. Pepper "patriotic" can made after 9/11, it included the Pledge of Allegiance, particularly whether the words "under God" were printed on it. Threatening to boycott Pepsi or Coke (depending on who locally bottles it), over two words (or lack of) on a soda can.
That's the sort of people Nintendo has to be concerned with.

KingMike

TheDreamingHawk

KingMike wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

[/div]

But in America, it's different. I've read some people once freaked out over a limited-run Dr. Pepper "patriotic" can made after 9/11, it included the Pledge of Allegiance, particularly whether the words "under God" were printed on it. Threatening to boycott Pepsi or Coke (depending on who locally bottles it), over two words (or lack of) on a soda can.
That's the sort of people Nintendo has to be concerned with.

What about in places like The Midwest and western US? Canada? Maybe they could limit it to those areas since it didn't really affect those areas much.

Regardless, the devil WAS in SSBB, and no one freaked out.

Aviator

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Your point?

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

TheDreamingHawk

Aviator wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

Your point?

[/div]

That devil world should be able to come to NA, as Books shouldn't stop a game's release.

Edited on by TheDreamingHawk

Reala

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

Sigh.
Not.
Gonna.
Happen.
Accept.
It.

[/div]

Being
A
Backseat
Mod
Is
A
Bad
Idea

What part of that was back seat modding? :/

Reala

Geonjaha

Emaan wrote:

zelda_4_life wrote:

Keep kidding yourself.

Believe it or not Earthbound exists primarily on underserved hype. It brought a bit of charm to the Dragon Quest style - and the main reason it remains highly regarded is that it doesnt exist anymore. It's certainly not a waste of time, but you fans arent doing yourself any favors by telling those that've never played it thats its the greatest thing ever.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Reala

Saw this and just had to post it in the beat a dead horse thread
Untitled

Reala

Electricmastro

zelda_4_life wrote:

And you would exactly know that from only playing it once? Or multiple times just to see if you were 100% correct...

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

e-love

Geonjaha wrote:

Emaan wrote:

zelda_4_life wrote:

Keep kidding yourself.

Believe it or not Earthbound exists primarily on underserved hype. It brought a bit of charm to the Dragon Quest style - and the main reason it remains highly regarded is that it doesnt exist anymore. It's certainly not a waste of time, but you fans arent doing yourself any favors by telling those that've never played it thats its the greatest thing ever.

Never said it was the greatest thing ever, (its close)

But its not undeserved hype, its a unique experience unlike anything I've ever played.
If you don't like that, that's your taste. A fan of anything can call it "the greatest thing ever" if they so wish.

Edited on by e-love

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

KingMike

Well, if Johnny B. Goode was one of the things they don't mind changing, I'm surprised Mother 1 isn't on the VC?
Though I know at one point, there's an NPC that asks the player if they've played Dragon Quest 7 yet, though the NPC hadn't yet finished Dragon Quest 4 (which was still in development at the time Mother 1 for the Famicom was released in Japan). In the NES version, it was changed to reference SMB7 and SMB3. (so "SMB7" would only have been 11-21 years away from becoming a real game, depending on if you count it as Sunshine, Galaxy or New SMB2. )

KingMike

Firejonie

I think Itoi should see that the general public would rather have the game released with minor song and text edits and changes rather than not release it at all. Sure it removes some of the games charm, but it's better than nothing. The fact that SNES copies of the game are expensive doesn't help either. Plus importing is also expensive and you need to know Japanese.

Edited on by Firejonie

Firejonie

Electricmastro

I liked the game just enough to do this:

All Pollyanna Themes:

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

DarkEdi

Is this game coming for Wii U or Wii? i preffer both, it could be ridiculous that it doesnt appear in Wii.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.