Forums

Topic: Donkey Kong Country pulled from Wii Shop Channel (Update: it's back!)

Posts 21 to 31 of 31

Noire

This sounds like something Reggie would do.

"God, work is boring today. Only seven JRPGs to deny localization. Hmm, what else can I do to rile my long-time customers? Oh I know, I'll take DKC down for a couple of days!" cackles all the way down the hall to the big machine that holds all of our childhood memories and brutally yanks the DKC cartridge out

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

kkslider5552000

Phoenixborn wrote:

This sounds like something Reggie would do.

"God, work is boring today. Only seven JRPGs to deny localization. Hmm, what else can I do to rile my long-time customers? Oh I know, I'll take DKC down for a couple of days!" cackles all the way down the hall to the big machine that holds all of our childhood memories and brutally yanks the DKC cartridge out

Well he did try to trick Iwata and Miyamoto to get trapped in a 3DS chased by Bowser so I expect him to do anything in his quest to take over the world.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

DarkEdi

I thought this was true. Thanks it back to VC. I hope someday they announce with anticipation when they quit games from VC.

TMNT, sms R-Type, and a lot of wiiware games. Please announce when a game is out of shop so we can buy it.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

Dizzy_Boy

no wonder the wii shop is in a sorry state. if people actually bought the games they wanted instead of waiting for what ever, we wouldn`t see so many games being pulled, and posibley more games would have gone up too.
i understand that people might not want another copy if they own the original games that are on the VC. but not everybody does, and there needs to be a bit more sales of games if devs are going to take notice of the fact that the wii shop can generate some sort of profit and release more games.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

madgear

It's not as simple as that - it's down to money in my case. VC games arn't cheap and in these hard times I have to prioritise what I spend my money on and some games, despite the fact I really want them, sometimes have to wait. It's that or not be able to pay my electricity bill, in which case I wouldn't be able to play it anyway.

madgear

DarkEdi

It is true, we like a lot of VC games but it is impossible to buy them in an instant. The games are a bit expensive if you collect a lot. I wish like 10 or 15 more games (i have more of 50 VC games) but it is more than 500 dls if i download them, and i have to play the already ones i bought so i can´t buy only to buy, i have to play and enjoy them first.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

arcadelover

yeah i checked the shop and all 3 Donkey KongCountrysare there

arcadelover

speedyb

This topic title should really be renamed to reflect that DKC is back on the shop to avoid confusing people.

speedyb

TwilightV

I recall a similar incident with Ghosts N' Goblins when the arcade version appeared. Maybe a DK game is coming? /Speculation

Edit: Or a glitch like the first page said.

Edited on by TwilightV

TwilightV

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.