Forums

Topic: Disable Auto Save Feature on VC Games

Posts 1 to 17 of 17

StriderNo9

Hey simple question, is there a way to disable the save state on my VC games? If I play Sonic 3 or something like Super Metroid is there a way I can turn the game on and go to that save rather than starting from where I turned it off?

StriderNo9

Twitter:

theblackdragon

Go to the 'home' menu and choose 'reset'. It'll behave as if you just reset the Genesis/SNES/whatever.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

StriderNo9

Yeah, I know that way, I was just hoping there was a simple option I was missing to disable saving all together, To be honest I dont like navigating menus on the Wii, it's pretty slow, I wish we had a sticky window option.

StriderNo9

Twitter:

AlexSays

Nope, no disable button.

That seems like a really simple option to not have.

Stupid Nintendo.

AlexSays

theblackdragon

At least you're automatically thrown into the Home menu as soon as you start the game, though, so you can just reset on your way in.

BEST THREAD EVER

StriderNo9

I think the other option is physically resetting the game on your Wii eh? Might work for me.

StriderNo9

Twitter:

Bass_X0

Yes. If you turn the power off while playing a VC game, a save state isn't created and you start the game from the beginning. Fine if you have save file, annoying if the game doesn't save anything at all (like button set-up and highscores).

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

theblackdragon

It can be annoying to do it that way, though, because if you want to play anything else afterward you have to wait for the Wii to reload and all that... that's why I didn't suggest just shutting it (the Wii) off after saving your game in the first place. :3

BEST THREAD EVER

LoopyLuigi

It's true, that Savestate only activates when you return to the wii menu. by turning off the power or resetting, the wii will not savestate.

It's a me, Luigi!

the_shpydar

You can also delete the save state from your Wii system memory. Of course, you'd have to do this after every time you play the game.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

retired_account

AlexSays wrote:

Nope, no disable button.

That seems like a really simple option to not have.

Stupid Nintendo.

I love the way you're so blunt and to the point. I'm not joking, I really do.

retired_account

MetalMario

I love this feature. You can keep high scores on games like Super Mario Bros., and start right where you left off.

And there doesn't NEED to be a disable button. When you are done, just hit reset, and THEN when it's at the title screen go back to the Wii Menu.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

Stevie

theblackdragon wrote:

Go to the 'home' menu and choose 'reset'. It'll behave as if you just reset the Genesis/SNES/whatever.

This is obviously the simplest way of doing this, why complain this option is a pain and then think up even more tedious ways of doing exactly the same thing? Why not just call up the electricity board, ask them for a power cut in your area and voila, no save game state.

Edited on by Stevie

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

@MetalMario: That's exactly what I do. I reset the game, and right before anything comes on the screen, I hit the home button.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

MetalMario

StarFox wrote:

@MetalMario: That's exactly what I do. I reset the game, and right before anything comes on the screen, I hit the home button.

I do that rarely, though. The save state is really convenient.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

Sean_Aaron

__Stevie wrote:

Why not just call up the electricity board, ask them for a power cut in your area and voila, no save game state.

I'm pretty sure this is the recommended procedure from Nintendo. If they don't agree to it then you just need to say Mr. Miyamoto sent you and they'll get right on it.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.