Forums

Topic: Amstrad CPC 464 on the VC

Posts 1 to 7 of 7

SprattsPride

I had a Amstrad CPC 464 when i was younger and i would love for it to come to the Virtual Console ,so i can download the game i use to play when i was a kid.,

Please reply if you had a Amstrad CPC 464 and would love to see and play your old games you had when you were a kid ?

Edited on by Dazza

SprattsPride

Adamant

I've never owned one, but I'm familiar with the system, and looking at the game list, I see a lot of old favorites (including Flimbo's Quest, one of the first games I remember playing in my life). I would definitely welcome the system to the VC.

But we gotta get the Speccy first, of course.

Adamant

Bass_X0

Yeah, I'd love to have Spectrum games.

Death Chase 3D would be one of the first I'd download. And I also remember a game where you had to go to various pubs, I have vague memories of it being an overhead game but I can't remember what its called.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Dazza

I was a Speccy owner back in the days too, some of my fondest gaming memories are from Sir Clive's little box of wonders.

The Amstrad CPC 464 was really aimed at parents as some kind of educational machine I remember. All the kids that I knew who had them used to play on a green-screen monitor!!

If the humble Speccy was ever to make it on to the Virtual Console I would like the following:

• Auf wiedersehen Monty (Gremlin Graphics)
  • Dizzy (Codemasters)
  • Head over Heels (Ocean)
  • Manic Miner (Bug Byte)
  • Skool Daze (Microsphere)
  • Target Renegade (Ocean)

I used to enjoy a lot of arcade ports on the Speccy too, but let's but honest they wouldn't be very pretty to look at these days!

Edited on by Dazza

Dazza

Adamant

Dazza wrote:

I used to enjoy a lot of arcade ports on the Speccy too, but let's but honest they wouldn't be very pretty to look at these days!

Depending on the game, they often looked better than C64- and NES versions. While those editions were more colorful, Speccy games were more detailed.

Adamant

Dazza

Adamant wrote:

Depending on the game, they often looked better than C64- and NES versions. While those editions were more colorful, Speccy games were more detailed.

Don't get me wrong, I preferred the Speccy to the C64. Those monochrome graphics worked so well on many games. Often C64 games could have really blocky graphics be a confusing mess of colours, but speccy games were so much more refined.

Ocean's Robocop is a good example of this, I could easily see what was going on with the Speccy version at my home, but when I played the C64 version at my friend's house I couldn't concentrate and see the bullets easily with all the garish colours.

Having said that I wouldn't want to play speccy R-Type now that I have the TG-16 version!!

Edited on by Dazza

Dazza

Dizzy_Boy

yep, robocop was awsome on the 464. also the scalextric game was brilliant too.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.