Showing 1 to 17 of 17
1. Posted: Sun 2nd Dec 2012 00:44 GMT
1. Graphic adventure (King's Quest, Myst, Tales of Monkey Island)
2. Puzzle (Tetris, Bejweled, Dr. Mario)
3. Platformer (Super Mario Bros., Sonic the Hedgehog, Donkey Kong Country)
4. Arcade (Pong, Pac Man, Donkey Kong)
5. Strategy (Command and Conquer, Fire Emblem, Civilization)
6. Beat 'em up (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, X-Men)
7. Action/adventure (Legend of Zelda, Star Fox Adventures, Spyro)
8. Action (Star Fox, Metroid, Kid Icarus Uprising)
9. Roleplaying (Paper Mario, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy)
10. Fighter (Street Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat)
HONORABLE MENTION: Simulator (Gran Turismo, Animal Crossing, Roller Coaster Tycoon)
Edited on Mon 3rd December, 2012 @ 17:46 by The_Ink_Pit_Ox
Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373
2. Posted: Sun 2nd Dec 2012 00:49 GMT
7. Survival Horror
Make sure to grab your umbrella, it's raining puns out there.
I'm so punny I should be sent to the state punitentiary.
3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man
3. Posted: Sun 2nd Dec 2012 00:56 GMT
4-9. Puzzle, Racing, Fighting, Rhythm, Adventure, Shooter in any order
3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55
I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos
4. Posted: Sun 2nd Dec 2012 05:19 GMT
3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852
5. Posted: Sun 2nd Dec 2012 06:29 GMT
I think it would be easier if it was a top 5, but I'll give it a shot.
1. Survival Horror
4. First Person Adventure (aka. The Metroid Prime series)
Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii
Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750
6. Posted: Sun 2nd Dec 2012 17:00 GMT
4. Adventure/Visual Novel
5. Arcade/Kart Racing
6. Puzzle Platformer
8. Whatever the heck Katamari is
9. Party Fighters (Smash Bros., Power Stone, etc.)
10. Strategy (although, aside from more real-time-y games like Pikmin 1 & 2 and maybe Little King's Story, I'm laughably terrible at all variants)
"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink
7. Posted: Sun 2nd Dec 2012 17:05 GMT
RPG's at the top, with pretty much all other genres below it. I can play pretty much anything as long as it's quality.
Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390
3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14
8. Posted: Sun 2nd Dec 2012 18:43 GMT
Don't have a Top 10, just a toobular 7
Platformer - (Mario, Mega Man)
Action/Adventure - (Zelda, Metroid)
Survival Horror - (Resident Evil)
Puzzle/Adventure - (Zack & Wiki)
First Person Adventure - (Metroid Prime)
Arcade - (Donkey Kong, Space Harrier)
Fighter - (Super Smash Bros. & Street fighter)
I absolutely love being confined to small areas in a game while having to solve puzzles, find keys, save ammo like they're diamonds,
doing lots of back tracking, battleing the undead-...Yeah, kind of sounds like the traditional RE series.
There's nothing more satisfying than FINALLY finding a key later on in the game that unlocks that ruby diamond red door during one of the beginning portions of the game you're playing hehe.
Edited on Fri 7th December, 2012 @ 05:36 by WaveBoy
Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!
9. Posted: Mon 3rd Dec 2012 17:08 GMT
1) Platformer (Super Castlevania IV/Ninja Gaiden (NES)
2) Action-Adventure (Super Metroid/ A Link To the Past)
3)Action RPG (Secret of Mana, Illusion of Gaia)
4) Beat 'Em UP (Streets of Rage & Final Fight Trilogies)
4) Survival Horror (Resident Evil series, Silent Hill)
6) RPG (Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy III)
7) Shooter (Gradius series, R-Type series, Axelay)
8) Fighter (Street Fighter II, Killer Instinct)
9) Racing (F-Zero)Sports
10) Sports (Cool Boarders, 1080, whatever sports game against a friend)
To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo
10. Posted: Tue 4th Dec 2012 21:19 GMT
1) fighters (virtua fighter 5FS, tekken tag 2, soulcalibur 2, streetfighter 3, king of fighters 97)
2) platformers (mario, kirby, sonic)
3) action-adventure (metroid)
4) puzzle (tetris, dr mario)
5) japanese RPG (legend of zelda, early final fantasy, fire emblem, phantasy star, golden sun, xenoblade chronicles)
6) beat em' up (streets of rage, final fight, captain commando)
7) rhythm games (rhythm heaven, rhythm thief, elite beat agents)
8) side-scrolling shooter (gradius, contra)
9) party games (mario party)
10) arcade games
11. Posted: Wed 5th Dec 2012 03:01 GMT
1) Platformers (Mario, Sonic)
2) Arcade-style Action-Platformers (Sunset Riders, Shinobi III)
3) Beat Em Up (Streets Of Rage, Final Fight)
4) Action Adventure (Zelda, Metroid)
5) Arcade (Jackal, Kung-Fu)
6) Action RPGs (Brave Fencer Musashi, Secret Of Mana)
7) Arcade Racers (OutRun 2, Kart racers)
8) Party Games (Mario Party, Guilty Party)
9) Puzzle (Tetris, Super Columns)
10) Arcade Sports (NBA Jam, NFL Blitz)
So mainly arcade-style games, platformers, and action games!
“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton
12. Posted: Fri 7th Dec 2012 01:51 GMT
Ah, yes. Arcade sports, a part of the silver age of arcade games. Those are cool too.
13. Posted: Fri 7th Dec 2012 02:00 GMT
1. Real RPGs (The Witcher 2, Dragon Age: Origins)
2. Real strategy games (Sengoku, Europa Universalis)
3. JRPGs (Atelier Meruru, Final Fantasy XIII-2)
4. Tactics strategy games (Fire Emblem, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon)
5. Board Games (Diamond Trust of London, Catan)
6. Rhythm games (Just Dance, Theatrhythm)
7. Fighting games (BlazBlue, Dead or Alive 5)
8. Stealth games (Theif series)
9. Puzzle games (Art Style)
10. Simulation (Sim City, Theme Park etc etc).
There's a couple of genres where I like one or two examples of the genre more than almost anything from my top 10 list (such as Love Plus for dating sims), but I don't like the genre as a whole.
Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)
14. Posted: Fri 7th Dec 2012 05:02 GMT
1. Action RPG (Kingdom Hearts, Sword of Mana, ect)
2. JRPG (Final Fantasy, Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, ect)
3. SRPG (Fire Emblem, ect)
4. Action & Adventure (Zelda, Okami, ect)
5. Fighter (Dead or Alive, Soulcalibur, Street Fighter, ect)
6. Party Fighter (Smash Bros, ect)
7. Platformer (Super Mario, Sonic, ect)
8. 3rd Person Shooter (KI:U, ect)
9. Arcade Racer (Mario Kart, ect)
10. FPS (Goldeneye, CoD, ect)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)
Avatar: Happy Independence Day!
15. Posted: Sat 8th Dec 2012 01:39 GMT
I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰
3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann
16. Posted: Sat 8th Dec 2012 04:54 GMT
To me, an arcade racer is Cruis'n or Super Off Road. The Mario Kart series is a cartoony racing game.
17. Posted: Sat 8th Dec 2012 22:53 GMT
Excuse me if I do not reach ten genres...
1. Platform Shoot 'em ups (such as Probotector)
2. Platform Jump (such as Super Mario World)
3. Platform Other (such as Castlevania)
4. Arcade racing (such as Ridge Racer, Daytona USA)
5. Side-scrolling shooters (Gradius, R-Type, Z-Out)
6. Sidescrolling Beat 'em ups (Double Dragon)
7. One-on-one Beat 'em ups (Street Fighter II, Tekken 2)
8. Japanese RPGs (Final Fantasy IV, Secret of Mana)
9. Point & Click Adventures (The 7th Guest, Gabriel Knight)
10. Proper quality First person shooters (DOOM, Half-Life)
With kind regards,